Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Z
Beginner October 2010

berketex bride glasgow ????

zilla10, 2 of May of 2010 at 11:29 Posted on Planning 0 17

Can anyone tell me anything about glasgow bath street berketex bride store, i have read many bad reviews about diffrent stores and also a few good ones, i dont think you can judge all stores the same but as i am getting my dress from them i have spooked myself a wee bit by reading to many stories can anyone help sooth a worried b2b........x

17 replies

Latest activity by HeatherPattonx, 16 of May of 2015 at 21:08
  • Broody_wife
    Beginner
    Broody_wife ·
    • Hide content

Zilla I wouldnt recommend it, I read loads of bad reviews also and it put me off altogether!! I can however recommend Sarah louise Bridal!! The Service I got there was Fab!!!

Lxxx

• Z
    Beginner October 2010
    zilla10 ·
    • Hide content

Thanx bailey but iv already ordered my dress from them i fell in love with a rosetta nicoline dress the staff have been lovely so far, i should stop reading reviews as i havent read bad reviews about their glasgow store and thats where im getting mine from,reading to much about other stores im giving myself the jitters ! do you know how long from ordering your sample dress swatch to receiving it ?????? xxx

• Lynseys Designs
    Beginner
    Lynseys Designs ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

I don't have any experience but remember that people mainly write bad reviews and leave out the good ones. The shop I got my dress in didn't get good reviews but they were excellent with me.

As for delivery for dresses it all depends on the designer I think. It berketex not just a franchaise so each store will have a different owner and thereby different ways of working? I may be totally wrong.

• *JLS*
    Beginner July 2012
    *JLS* ·
    • Hide content

I am using their store in Aberdeen for my BM dresses and they were really nice. You don't get them until 6 weeks before the wedding which is a bit nerve wracking, but hey they were perfect!! One of my BMs had to get measured up in the Buchanan Street store and they were really nice in there to. I haven't been to the Bath Street shop as they were fully booked although the one on Buchanan Street is really well laid out, lots of room to get changed!! Smiley smile

• L
    Beginner July 2012
    lynz842 ·
    • Hide content

Hi there, i have also read alot of bad reviews but I was my sister's bridesmaid and she got her dress and our two bridesmaids dresses and they were so helpful and made us so relaxed i recommended it to my best friend and she also had a great experience. They do seem to have this policy that you don't get the dress until only a few weeks before the wedding which seems a bit tight so my sister just told them the wedding date was a month before the actual date. I haven't started looking for my dress yet but I definitely think I will visit the Glasgow branch.

• xxS+Jxx
    Beginner December 2010
    xxS+Jxx ·
    • Hide content

Hi I got my dress from that shop it was also a Rosetta Nicolini one lol and I found the ladies in the shop very nice and very helpfull, I liked the fact that they told you their honest opinion.

The only thing that getting me scared now is that I don't have my dress yet - not that they r late or anything just that i have still to go for my final fitting.

?

• B
    Beginner June 2012
    bellamac ·
    • Hide content

Hiya! I too am in the same boat you were in. I ordered my dress from the Bath St Store, a bit worried about the whole thing now after reading loads of bad stories!! I live on a small island, and getting to Glasgow is expensive enough - my dress should be ready for pick-up in April (Wedding in Cyprus at the beginning of May!! - so many flights!) and i haven't had any word re dress fittings. I've decided to phone today and see what's what.

I'd like to know how you got on in the end Smiley smile

Bella x

• looneysh
    Beginner May 2012
    looneysh ·
    • Hide content

I've bought my dress from the Bath Street store. I found the ladies really helpful and nice so far. My wedding plans have changed since I first bought my dress. I was originally getting married in scotland and having a big wedding, but have now decided to get married abroad with a few close family and friends. When I first changed my plans, I went into the store to enquire how I would go about changing my dress as I was worried that it would be too big to travel with. The assistants said they didn't think I would be able to change my dress, but suggested I write to their head office, which I did and they advised me I could if I wanted. In the end I decided to stick with the dress I chose originally, I thought it was quite good though that I had the option to change. My date has moved by 2 months and I haven't informed them of the new date as I am dithering whether I should tell them or not. I'm concerned of the timescale of the dress being delivered. If I leave the date as it is it just means I will have to store it for 2 months, Though I haven't figured out where I will store it lol!! If I change the date then I may be stressing about final fittings and packing for the wedding etc...I don't know what is the best thing to do

• 1234ABC
    Beginner
    1234ABC ·
    • Hide content

I've been in the bath street store, and i think as long as your going to buy one of their gowns they'll be fine, but i only went to look and they were very pushy with me. As lovely as they were to chat to, i didn't care for the atmosphere. And they were so much more expensive than i was willing to pay. They kept phoning me afterwards to ask how i was getting on. Then when i said i'd found my gown they were quite rude and hung up on me.

But that was just me. Like i said, if you buy your gown from them, i'm sure they are really nice.

I went to try dresses on in Sarah Louise too, and i found the woman in there to be a bit stuck up. I'm sure they're fantastic at their jobs, but i think they thought i was just a wee girl in waisting their time. I do look like a 12 year old, so i guess they could be forgiven! Smiley smile

• B
    Beginner June 2012
    bellamac ·
    • Hide content

I had an appointment in Sarah Louise, and like you i found her quite unhelpful - she took the huff when i said i never liked a couple dresses. Needless to say i never went back - i found the shop a bit dirty too.

I must admit, the ladies in Bath St did give me a good deal the day i walked in. And the woman, Katie, that dealt with me had SO much patience (I was there 3 hours!!) I just hope i'm not too stressed between the picking up of the dress and flying out to Cyprus!

Bella x

• B
    Beginner
    BerketexOfficial ·
    • Hide content

We are privileged and proud to help thousands of brides every year with their wedding and would always welcome every bride and their feedback with gratitude. We try to make every customer completely happy and we're genuinely really disappointed if any customer feels differently. So please come and visit as we'd love to see you! Smiley smile

• niknaks22
    Beginner August 2012
    niknaks22 ·
    • Hide content

I bought my bridesmaid dresses from Berketex, and after reading all the bad/mixed reviews about them although I ordered them 2 years before my wedding, I told them the wedding was the following year as I was happy to store them myself, and I'm really glad I did. The told me that the dresses would be in 8 weeks before and when I heard nothing I phoned them and was told they would be in at the end of the week. Again, I heard nothing so phoned them, and then they told me actually it's 6 weeks before the wedding date. So I waited, and the dresses actually only came in 4 weeks before the wedding date.

They were also really difficult about arranging to pick them up (think this was because I wasn't taking their alterations package 5 BM's x £180 each = don't think so!) They told me that I could only go in Mon-Fri 9-5, but they had no appointments for the next 2 weeks so effectively I would have got my hands on them 2 weeks before the wedding date.

I'm sorry that it's a bad story, but everyone gets treated differently - I got my dresses on a promo weekend, and I wasn't taking their alts package so I probably wasn't spending enough for them to care.

• S
    Beginner March 2016
    Starsaef ·
    • Hide content

I wrote a review some comments on this store last night and it seems to have gone awry so I will try again. I used it to purchase my chief bridesmaid's 'krista' ball gown style dress and considered buying the gowns for my three sisters. On the first occasion when buying the ball gown we were looked after by Alison and nothing was too much trouble for herf. She was not even pushing for a sal, just genuinely helpful. We went away to discuss then went back and ordered. On the second occasion the eldest of my three younger sisters went with me and Lindsay was equally as helpful. We tried on several and my sister loved the Ginny.

However the quote for the dress jumped ridiculously from £129 to £274 per gown when we discussed extra fabric to make a halter style strap to hide some scars my youngest sister has and alterations for three girls of heights from 5'2" to 5'10". We went away to consider nd have since found very similar dresses that can be made to measure that already have straps.

I cannot fault the service and and the quality of the dresses. However the after sales customer service for bridesmaids dresses is not so great. When I called to book an appointment for my chief bridesmaid to try on her gown, I was told that they do not do weekend appointments to try on and pick p gowns. My chief bridesmaid works between 11am and 8pm Monday to Friday. I was told there was no way she could pick it up on the weekend as it would be locked in storage then. The feeling I got was 'like it or lump it'. With much persuasion she managed to get permission to start at 12 noon on one Friday. When I called to book for that day I was told the ten o'clock slot was booked and if she wanted to try it on, although they would book that time, she would just have to wait until they were ready for her. I was also asked if she rreally needed to try it on. Well DUH!!!

This treatment was really disappointing after the excellent sales service. I would still say if you don't have any issue with inflexible pick up times the sales advisors are lovely, helpful and patient and the gowns are lovely.

• L
    Beginner October 2014
    LalaC1988 ·
    • Hide content

My wedding dress came from berketex - Nottingham though and I couldn't complain about them or the dress it was great I did take mine away same day though

• HeatherPattonx
    Beginner June 2016
    HeatherPattonx ·
    • Hide content

I got my dress from the Bath Street store & the girl Katie was really helpful ? made me feel as ease, especially when it came to such a big decision!

I was aactually advised by someone they weren't the greatest - but everyone is going to have their own opinion!

The way i see it - if you weren't satisfied, you wouldnt have bought anything ? dont get other people's bad experience freak you out! xxx

• HeatherPattonx
    Beginner June 2016
    HeatherPattonx ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Bellamac - sounds like we had the same shop consultant ? xxx

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics