Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Puddycat
Beginner December 2012

Best 'D' tips

Puddycat, 17 May, 2012 at 13:02

Posted on Planning 81

I have noticed lots of people with tickers & weight goals. ️?️ Soooooo who has the best diet tips? I know that regardless everyone wants to look their best on their Wedding Day ?

I have noticed lots of people with tickers & weight goals. ️?️

Soooooo who has the best diet tips? I know that regardless everyone wants to look their best on their Wedding Day ?

81 replies

• IshouldCoco
    Beginner September 2012
    IshouldCoco ·
    • Hide content

I'm quite 'lucky' I guess, size 10 give or take a size, but I do feel for people stuck in a rut.

Lots of different things make it finally click, my friend just stuck a quite vile picture on her fridge...seemed to work for her. That is to say, sometimes a little 'trick' or 'tip' is needed.

?

• Nutella
    Beginner March 2013
    Nutella ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hear hear! Well said Mrs Custard ?

• T
    Beginner
    Trickers ·
    • Hide content

I'm also sick to death of everything I say on this forum being jumped on and then being accused of bitchiness etc etc.. I'm sensitive and go home crying everyday.

That's it, I'm flouncing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• cford09
    Beginner March 2013
    cford09 ·
    • Hide content

This probably isn't the healthiest way of looking at things but when I'm dieting, I weigh myself quite a lot. This won't work for people who are doing inches rather than pounds but if I had a craving for something really naughty, I'd go and get on the scales and that scared me enough to back away from the chocolate bar! And as I lost weight, the scales were an incentive to keep the weight off. As I said, completely not healthy but worked for me!

• ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown
    Beginner January 2012
    ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown ·
    • Hide content

OK, tips to stop you craving food:

Brush your teeth.

Imagine the arteries around your heart being strangled by cholesterol.

Drink water.

Develop an amphetamine addiction.

Note: one of these is not a sensible diet tip.

• Cilla
    Beginner April 2012
    Cilla ·
    • Hide content

WTVF is up with people at the moment?!!

Here's my advice from my experience. All diets are the same regardless of what it's called and how it works. In all of them, if you eat less fat/calories and do more exercise you will lose weight.

I was one of the apparent 'lucky ones' a few months ago when I slogged my guts out and stuck to a healthy eating plan. Now I've stuffed my face and sat on the sofa I've got chubby. It's THAT simple and anyone who gets offended over someone suggesting it will NEVER change

• Red Baroness
    Beginner July 2012
    Red Baroness ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Exactly this. I would also add that if you drastically reduce your calorie in take, your body will adjust to survive on that new amount of calories. So when you go back to eating normally, you put it all back on, and more probably. Your best best is to eat sensibly, have a healthy intake of calories, and exercise more. Otherwise, to maintain any weight loss, you will need to forever eat fewer calories.

Also, weight shouldn't be what you're measuring as BMI is not accurate. Muscle weighs more than fat, so you should be measuring inch loss rather than weight loss.

• IshouldCoco
    Beginner September 2012
    IshouldCoco ·
    • Hide content

Is it not? All the whizzheads about mine have arses like 11yr olds ️?️

• Mrs_imp
    Beginner June 2012
    Mrs_imp ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

?

• Nutella
    Beginner March 2013
    Nutella ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Awwww hun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Don't let the bullies get to you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• T
    Beginner
    Trickers ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I'm definitely going now.

Ok...

• Panjita
    Beginner May 2011
    Panjita ·
    • Hide content

When you see news footage and images of concentration camps, famines etc there are no fatties with medical conditions who magically stay fat. There - I've said it.

Another tip: When you are fancying a maccies, imagine the kitchen staff have grobbed on it before wrapping it, it makes you want it a lot less. If you want a Subway, think about that guy on YouTube who was chewing the lettuce and spitting it back in the tub.

?

I have no tips when it comes to avoiding Twixes.

• Nutella
    Beginner March 2013
    Nutella ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

?

Totally derailing now... have you ever tried using your twix as a straw for your tea/coffee - bite the ends off, suck up and then eat? Nom nom, I want one now!!!!

ETA - Clearly I am useless at dieting!!!

• Panjita
    Beginner May 2011
    Panjita ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

No I practically inhale them so there's no time for gimmicks.

• kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I have done this. A lot.

• AmnesiaCustard
    Beginner June 2011
    AmnesiaCustard ·
    • Hide content

Also works with chocolate fingers, which, being smaller than Twixes could count as the diet option?

• Red Baroness
    Beginner July 2012
    Red Baroness ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This is true. I don't deny that it must be a lot harder for those people with medical conditions, but it's not impossible. Otherwise obesity would exist in 3rd world countries.

• Nutella
    Beginner March 2013
    Nutella ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This is indeed a good option, although despite being smaller, there is an entire pack to get through........ (chocolate fingers must never be resealed - its the law)

• AmnesiaCustard
    Beginner June 2011
    AmnesiaCustard ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Maltesers Resealable Pack. And the point of that is...?

• Storky
    Beginner May 2011
    Storky ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

In our house they're not resealable stickers, they're badges to be worn to show you've scoffed the packet...

• Saisi
    Beginner June 2011
    Saisi ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Because people like me buy 'big' packs of things like crisps or Maltesers, because they are better value. The resealability enables us to pretend that we will only eat as much a small bag would be. However, eating the entire family pack in one day means one is actually spending far more money ☹️

• IshouldCoco
    Beginner September 2012
    IshouldCoco ·
    • Hide content

Yes, all our 'fatties' should be envious of third worlds' massive tip of starvation, dehydration & dysentery....

• AmnesiaCustard
    Beginner June 2011
    AmnesiaCustard ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I like your style!

• Nutella
    Beginner March 2013
    Nutella ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Us too!!!!! ?

• Panjita
    Beginner May 2011
    Panjita ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That wasn't a tip. I was merely pointing out a fact. Secondly, other than you, who mentioned that anyone should be envious of starvation?

• sal.san
    Beginner December 2011
    sal.san ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Must try this on the weekend Cricks!

• pandorasbox
    Beginner August 2012
    pandorasbox ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This is possibly the most unhelpful diet thread ever! All I want to do is inhale a Twix now ?

• Puddycat
    Beginner December 2012
    Puddycat ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I have just watched the first episode online and DuckyBum your were absolutely right it was very interesting, well worth a watch ?

• IshouldCoco
    Beginner September 2012
    IshouldCoco ·
    • Hide content

No one else mentioned it, I 'mentioned' it as I was slightly bemused at your comment and use of the word 'fatties'.

People with the health problems that result in them being obese over here, result in them being DEAD over there. Probably contributing to the lack of 'fatties' in the third world compared to us...

Oh, and your 'fact' is incorrect. Obesity in third world countries from medical issues aswell as starvation is a HUGE issue.

https://www.fao.org/FOCUS/E/obesity/obes1.htm

• *JLS*
    Beginner July 2012
    *JLS* ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

My OH does this but with Gold Bar biscuits by biting of the opposite diagonal corners and supping his tea Smiley smile

• Pompey
    Beginner June 2012
    Pompey ·
    • Hide content

I don't really understand what was said wrong here.

Personally, I was putting on weight despite thinking that I was eating healthily and playing netball twice a week. Since I upped my game with more exercise, I've lost a stone.

What works for me is that if I have been for a run I can reward myself. If I havent done any exercise, I cant. Simple.

• B
    Beginner August 2013
    Bee26 ·
    • Hide content

II do the Dukan diet and it works really well. Id definitely suggest anyone try it! i did switch to slimming world briefly which has far more choice of foods and is a great plan but as id been on very low carbs since last august i actually gained so im back to trusty old dukan now. 2 stone lighter, 1 and a half to go...

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics