Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

L
Beginner August 2024 South Yorkshire

Bestfriend!

Lauren, 25 of April of 2023 at 12:23 Posted on Planning 0 8
Brides please help a bride to be out here. Is it possible for a bride to have a best man? I know it's not traditional or something u probably see everyday at a wedding and its just usually the groom that has bestmen but I want my best friend to be involved. We've been friends since year 7 n it seems really unfair if i can't have an important role for him?

Thanks

8 replies

Latest activity by Michelle, 28 of April of 2023 at 18:00
  • Ajx
    Dedicated April 2024 West Yorkshire
    Ajx ·
    • Hide content

Absolutely you can! You can have whoever you want in your bridal party, its a party of the bride's close friends and if you want a best man then go for it x

• R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

Totally - I've seen several weddings which have had 'bridesmen' and 'groomswomen' instead of the other way around.

• Charlotte
    VIP April 2022 Wiltshire
    Charlotte ·
    • Hide content

I had a Man of Honour as my best friend is a guy. He wore the same suits as the groomsmen, but I have seen it where they were a coloured suit to match bridesmaid dresses, It is your day so you do what you want XX

• Josie
    Beginner April 2024 Cheshire
    Josie ·
    • Hide content
    I am having my brother as my Man of Honour for my wedding next April! There’s no rules I’d just have the people there who make you happy.
  • Elizabeth
    Dedicated October 2023 Cumbria
    Elizabeth ·
    • Hide content
    I’m having a bridesman! He’s my best friend and he’s walking down the aisle just like my bridesmaid.
  • K
    Beginner October 2023 Essex
    Kristina ·
    • Hide content
    I have a best man too! He’s my brother and best friend so wouldn’t want to have anyone else 🥰 Do whatever makes YOU happy ❤️
  • Jordan
    Beginner October 2024 Greater Manchester
    Jordan ·
    • Hide content

We're a same sex couple getting married and my Best Person is a woman and I have two Groomsmaids. My partner has his Groomsmen.

It's entirely down to you and your partner, do what you want

• Michelle
    VIP July 2024 Cheshire
    Michelle ·
    • Hide content
    Don't see a problem if you are really close then it's as good way of showing how much he means to you have fun telling him x♥️

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics