Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

P
Beginner June 2015

Bride and Groom sitting alone....your thought?

Princess Bride 2013, 2 of July of 2013 at 10:32 Posted on Planning 0 15

I feel that upon reflection its seems impossible for us to have a top table without issues. After conversations with family it is apparent how much of an issue sitting/ not sitting with us is,it's making me sway towards having nobody at all. Your thoughts would be appreciated x

15 replies

Latest activity by Yousef, 23 of March of 2022 at 17:56
  • AmnesiaCustard
    Beginner June 2011
    AmnesiaCustard ·
    • Hide content

We did this. Thoroughly recommend it. It was lovely to have a bit of time for just us two, and didn't look/feel odd to any of the guests. it's not as though we were seated miles away from them!

• Kentish Gal
    Beginner July 2013
    Kentish Gal ·
    • Hide content

That would definitely not be my cup of tea, can see the upside for others though, and if it removes a load of headaches... Smiley smile

• R
    Beginner September 2013
    r4chy ·
    • Hide content

If it's the only way to stop people moaning then go for it! It is your day afterall ?

I'm going for a top table of 6: Me & new Husband ?, and both sets of parents. The best man and chief bridesmaid would rather sit with their families anyway!

I do actually like the idea of the two of us though, so may have to give that a mention tonight!

Rxx

• Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon
    Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon ·
    • Hide content

Yep seen it before--not odd, go for it. What about sitting with your mates or depending on your set up those close friends could be bridesmaids, best man, ushers

• PinkButterfly
    Beginner June 2014
    PinkButterfly ·
    • Hide content

I love this idea just not for me... Whole evening of jut talking to OH no thanks! Lol

we are not having a top table either we've opted to sit with friends and leave our parents to host their own tables!

• AmnesiaCustard
    Beginner June 2011
    AmnesiaCustard ·
    • Hide content

In our case it wasn't a whole evening, just for as long as it took to eat the meal (which was a buffet anyway, so we got up and moved around).

• B
    Beginner July 2013
    bellaZ ·
    • Hide content

I was at a wedding recently where there was no top table, but a spare place at every table. The bride and groom changed tables every course, so that they sat with everyone over the course of the meal. I thought that was a great way of making sure that they got to talk to all of their guests.

• P
    Beginner July 2013
    PFY1980 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Make it so you have thrones and it will work perfectly .....

But if you really dont want a top table - dont have one.

I did not have this dilema as my seating plan board will read:

"The first rule of seating plans is...

There is no seating plan...

Please find a seat if you wish but we hope you mingle as there is not enough seats at tables for all

Thank you "

• OB
    Beginner January 2011
    OB ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Where are the people without seats supposed to eat?

OP, it’s called a sweetheart table, it’s perfectly acceptable Smiley smile

• P
    Beginner July 2013
    PFY1980 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We are not having a sit down meal, but pizza / pasta buffet - there will also be side seating but only seating with table enough for 100, with about 40 seats on benches....

May organise musical chairs at some point :-D

• P
    Beginner June 2015
    Princess Bride 2013 ·
    • Hide content

I'm set on the sweetheart table 100%. I am really excited about it actually. I will have a wedding arch with white drapes, pinned back by cherry blossoms to frame us. We will have round tables either side for parents and bridal party.

• Guy Wade
    Guy Wade ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

A wedding I worked at recently did just that. Top table was close friends, families had their own tables. Worked really well in this case.

• *MM3*
    Beginner June 2014
    *MM3* ·
    • Hide content

We're not having a top table as such, a u shaped table so if anyone isn't keen on sitting with us they can be thrown to the side lol.
    It's your day so do whatever suits you both best, it's your decision where people sit so go with that, if you're not keen or think there'll be a lot of problems you can sit just you & OH, don't see why not. As I say it's your day and upto you where you both want to sit Smiley smile

• Chippet
    Beginner January 2014
    Chippet ·
    • Hide content

I hadn't really thought about having our own table, but I actually really like it!

May have to consider it when we get to that stage.

• Trish2014
    Beginner June 2014
    Trish2014 ·
    • Hide content

If it would take away the headache of sorting out seating then you should go for it - I've seen it in a few photos and things so it's obviously been done many times before. I wouldn't fancy it for us (we sit together every night for tea so some new company will be good!) but then we're not having a top table either. There's only going to be about 28 of us, so we're all sitting around one big table.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics