Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Curious September 2022 Lancashire

Bridesmaid drama

Mel, 23 of May of 2022 at 23:05 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 4
So it's 4 months until the big day, I have bridesmaids who hate their dresses and want to change for reception. 2 bridesmaids who refuse to talk to each other (same 2 who want to change and who aren't going to hen party!)
I've gone from 12 to 5 people going to my hen.... Its all so stressful. I've waited 14 years to get married and I seriously think I was looking at the planning with Rose tinted glasses on this whole time! Anyway rant over

4 replies

Latest activity by Michelle, 24 of May of 2022 at 21:45
  • H
    Dedicated May 2022
    HappyGoldBridesmaid18836 ·
    • Hide content
    Sorry to hear this. Are you sure you want these two as bridesmaids? They don’t sound very supportive of your decisions. I think it would be unreasonable and rude of them to change for the reception. The evening do would be more appropriate but not the wedding breakfast.
  • M
    Curious September 2022 Lancashire
    Mel ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Honestly the fact that they aren't bothered hurts me because one is his sister and one is mine. I went to his sisters hen whilst I was 8 months pregnant and she's been my friend since starting primary school. I was hurt by the hen but the last straw was yesterday when she asked if she could get changed at the reception.
  • Yorkshirelass
    Super July 2022 Surrey
    Yorkshirelass ·
    • Hide content

Seriously who do these people think they are? I have been a bridesmaid only a couple of times (once for my sister) and neither dress was what I would have chosen really but I wouldn't dream of asking to get changed! It is just not the done thing, if you cannot wear something for a few hours then you need to have a word with yourself. I would put my foot down and say no you cannot get changed until the evening reception as it is my day and that is what I want. If they refuse then remove them from their duties, sorry but they are being rude.

• Michelle
    VIP July 2024 Cheshire
    Michelle ·
    • Hide content
    Why do bridesmaids always think its about them well not all but some i think you need to put your foot down in a nice way and explain your getting married not them x💗

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics