Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Beginner August 2010

Bridesmaid dress fitting with Flash******

Martyne, 8 July, 2010 at 13:52 Posted on Planning 0 30

Hi Girlies,

My maids had their dress fitings last night, so I though I would give you a flash, my sisters dress is massive and has to be altered down the sides, and the straps wont be worn in

My Flowergirl dress is not the actual one i wanted, as i wanted one that would have a matchings colour sash, but sophie just looked too cute.

Opinions please girlies.

Martyne xx

30 replies

Latest activity by Martyne, 8 July, 2010 at 21:53
  • CupcakeQueen
    Beginner January 2011
    CupcakeQueen ·
    • Hide content

Beautiful, love the colour. What a little sweetie too x

• RubyCheeksandPeachyLips
    RubyCheeksandPeachyLips ·
    • Hide content

LOVE LOVE LOVE Smiley heart

• Spangler
    Beginner September 2010
    Spangler ·
    • Hide content

Lovely colour and your flowergirl is gorgeous!!!

• woo-woo
    Beginner
    woo-woo ·
    • Hide content

Your BM's dresses are lovely and your FG is too cute!

• M
    Beginner August 2010
    Martyne ·
    • Hide content

I love my maids dresses now was a bit unsure re the colour at first, every one i told that i was having green dresses was like nice ...not.. but they ar emore of a shot silk liek a two tone greeny blue.

xx

• Storky
    Beginner May 2011
    Storky ·
    • Hide content

Is this photo before the alterations? I think they look a little too long, like they'll have to hold them up when they walk. Just my initial thought. Like the frocks though!

• M
    Beginner August 2010
    Martyne ·
    • Hide content

Yes we was at the seamstresses last night the dresses were covered in pins. My sisters one is the right length its just slightly higher in the middle at the front, by my other maids is lonegr to compensate for the fact that she broke her toes yesterday and cannto get any shoes on and as such willbe wearign some form of flip flop on the day!!!

xx

• Storky
    Beginner May 2011
    Storky ·
    • Hide content

Oh god, poor thing! That makes a lot of sense then.

Your bridesmaids obviously like them, look at their faces!

• M
    Beginner August 2010
    Martyne ·
    • Hide content

Its quite funny after I picked tehm out I remembered my maid louise (the tall one) hate sgreen with a vengance, but now they both love their dresses and didnt want to take them off!!

• MrsAtoB
    Beginner August 2010
    MrsAtoB ·
    • Hide content

There really nice

• MrsAtoB
    Beginner August 2010
    MrsAtoB ·
    • Hide content

There really nice xxx

• *JLS*
    Beginner July 2012
    *JLS* ·
    • Hide content

They are lovely dresses Jx

• Daisy82
    Beginner
    Daisy82 ·
    • Hide content

They are lovely x

• Browny
    Beginner June 2011
    Browny ·
    • Hide content

Gorgeous! Very flattering.

?

• SamSam
    Beginner March 2011
    SamSam ·
    • Hide content

They're really lovely dresses.

• Houdini
    Beginner August 2010
    Houdini ·
    • Hide content

Ooh, I like them!

That's at Barleylands, isn't it? I wish I'd taken mine there!!

• K
    Beginner May 2011
    kaz9274 ·
    • Hide content

Beautiful!!

These are the dresses I liked for my BM are they mori lee? x

• Little fluff
    Beginner September 2011
    Little fluff ·
    • Hide content

Gorgeous x

• The Little Jewellery Box
    The Little Jewellery Box ·
    • Hide content

Oh my god, they are gorgeous!! I absolutely love the colour and the design is so elegant.

You flower girl looks soooo cute! What a sweetie.

• debmci
    debmci ·
    • Hide content

Gorgeous!!! and wee Sophie is just gorgeous!! Smiley smile with a good bra and when the dress is properly finished, her dress might not need the straps at all!

• Little Madam
    Beginner
    Little Madam ·
    • Hide content

Aww both are gorgeous - but I adore the flower girl! So cute - are they little flowers on her dress?

• M
    Beginner August 2010
    Martyne ·
    • Hide content

Hi Raef,

No its Linda wing need battlesbridge antiques centre, where abouts did you go. I cant vbelive how quick its coming arounf now. My unlce has just booked his wedding at your venue for oct 2nd this year, booked it last minute and its the same day as our mutual friend which is a nightmare.

Martyne xx

• M
    Beginner August 2010
    Martyne ·
    • Hide content

Yeah they are AV 1144, the pictures dont really do them justice, they are really good quality so pleased I went with them, I nearly changed my mind a few times because I had to order them without seeing them in the colour and they wasnt the cheapest of dresses but quality is amazing xx

• M
    Beginner August 2010
    Martyne ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

The problem is my sisters boobs are huge (and real) and she bought a bra to go with it but all the strapless bras slips whatever that could be worn with the dress come up to high in the sides. So the seamstress is going to work her magic inside the dress and we have bought ten ton of tit tape!! and are hoping for the best!

• Beckyv83
    Beginner September 2010
    Beckyv83 ·
    • Hide content

Gorgeous dresses and beautiful colour. They look fab on your bridesmaids.

• M
    Beginner August 2010
    Martyne ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

yes they are absolutely lovely its a debenhams dress, it doesnt really go with anything else in the wedding (im trying to convince myself oh well her buttons on the back are the same as mine!) but she just looked amzaing in it so I thouhg sod it the flowergirls can be slightly different xx

• Houdini
    Beginner August 2010
    Houdini ·
    • Hide content

No, my dress shop is doing the alterations, but heard good things about the Barleylands place...

It's coming round really quickly now - one month today for me!

Is that her reception in this country? That would be such a shame, though is it possible for you to make both by starting at one then heading to the other?

I had my venue meeting yesterday so a little more relaxed now. I had heard bad things but they seem to have already made improvements. Am following up on costs though as they promised a max 5% increase but the main meals have increased by another £2.50 each on top of that so nearly £200 in total so will be having words with them tomorrow - warn your uncle!

x

• M
    Beginner August 2010
    Martyne ·
    • Hide content

Yeah I cant belive it, my uncle wasnt going to get maried this year, and was goign to get married in luxemburg where he works as his ex wife is a bit of a nightmare but last week they just decided sod it and booked it at last minute.

I am going to try and get to hers in the night time but it just a bit of a nightmare as hers in in canvey and his same place as yours. Just cant eblive have only had 2 weddinsg to go to this year other than mine and they ar eboth on the same day.

Had more suit nightmares with my hire shop other people have been in the for fititngs and had similar problems to me, its only the lakeside store where there is an issue, but OH finally got a suit on sunday was beginnign to panic with less than a month to go.

keep me posted re your venue so i can let him know xx

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics