Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

MrsLoftus2be
Beginner August 2011

bridesmaid dress patterns?? Help please!!!

MrsLoftus2be, 12 January, 2011 at 19:26 Posted on Planning 0 7

Hi just wondered if anyone could point me in the right direction to bridesmaid dress patterns? i have been scowling google and had a look on ebay but to no avail... i really wanted this dress

But in deep purple, however at £178 each it was going to cripple me financially, along came my fab bridesmaid to the rescue and she has offered to try make them, she has a fashion degree so knows what she's doing. however she said i need to get a dress pattern and i can;t find anything even remotely similar! So i was hoping that someone might be able to help me on here Smiley smile pleaseee xx

7 replies

Latest activity by mummytofour, 13 January, 2011 at 10:38
  • Fcerrino
    Beginner May 2011
    Fcerrino ·
    • Hide content

Cant help i'm afaid, but that dress is gorgeous. far too nice for a bridemaid, you best make sure your dress is amazing. Just joking of course, but I really like it. Agree, the price is abit steep tho. good luck making the dress.

• Annah304
    Beginner April 2011
    Annah304 ·
    • Hide content

My bridesmaids are in this dress, in hunter green (with a lace-up back). I can safely say that the real thing is gorgeous - so very beautiful. I am so delighted with them - they had the first fitting on Saturday just gone and really looked amazing. Really recommend it - very flattering style too ? By the way mine only cost £163 each - still a lot but less than £178, so it might be worth shopping around. Could you also consider asking your bridesmaids to chip in if you can't find a dress pattern?

xx

• L
    Beginner August 2012
    Lillibet ·
    • Hide content

There is such a shortage of BM type dress patterns out there, I've been hunting for them for ages as my mum might be making mine... They're not identical to your choice of dress, but if your friend has a fashion degree I'm sure altering the patterns to suit won't be a problem. These are the best ones I've found so far...

Simplicity 2639 (I was thinking of removing the halterneck from the second one, as same bust line to the first, and adding a top layer of pleating and detail)

Or Vogue V2929 (which looks like it has a slit in the skirt that would need to go, but I'm sure this wouldn't be too hard!)

I just trawl through the sewing pattern websites, they usually have an evening/ bridal section.

Hope this helps!

• 3d jewellery
    3d jewellery ·
    • Hide content

Not looked but try here /pages/sewing-patterns

• 3d jewellery
    3d jewellery ·
    • Hide content

T

• MrsLoftus2be
    Beginner August 2011
    MrsLoftus2be ·
    • Hide content

Thank you so much everyone for your help, i'll pass on the pattern and see what she thinks! i'm a bit clueless to it all! lol. Thanks elizabeth if this doesnt work i will be buying from a chinese site, cause i dont really want to spend too much on the girls dresses. x

• mummytofour
    Beginner June 2011
    mummytofour ·
    • Hide content

Im having mine made too! 3 of them! shes making them for £50.00 each which is a bargain! (shes a good friend of the mother in law to be!) ive been in and chose my satin material for them in sand gold and shes asked me to choose my pattern too!

i looked on here:-

http://butterick.mccall.com/evening-pages-152.php

also http://voguepatterns.mccall.com/

obviously click on the evening dresses.

ive chose a couple i like this one

The one in the middle but gold in satin...

theres also this pattern called simplicity http://www.simplicitynewlook.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=7_8_9 you have to look under the special occasion section for bridesmaid dresses..

this is nice

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics