Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Halta
Curious August 2022 Hertfordshire

Bridesmaid Dresses

Halta, 1 of October of 2021 at 17:34 Posted on Wedding Attire 2 14

Hi all,

I am looking for bridesmaid dresses but need the same dress available from size 8-22. Any recommendations?

I'm finding it really hard to find any high street stores that sell that range of size, most do regular and plus as separate clothing with different dresses (not even the same colour) or only up to size 18.

Ever pretty and JJs house keep popping up on google but I don't know if I can trust them. Anyone bought through them? I've also heard returns can be difficult/costly with these companies so am hesitant to order and find that they need to be returned once the bridesmaids try them on!

I'd like to keep costs low so ideally don't want to get them from a bridal store as these can be in excess of £100 each and I have 4 bridesmaids!

Thanks for any help!

14 replies

Latest activity by Melissa, 14 of January of 2022 at 20:01
  • B
    Savvy April 2023 West Yorkshire
    Becky ·
    • Hide content
    Hello!
    I was having the same thought as you so I brought a test dress from JJs House. I really liked the quality and feel of the dress so I'm definitely buying my dresses from there. They also do custom measurements which makes fitting easier! I'm not sure how good the returns policy is though. I did buy colour swatches first to make sure I liked the colour. One thing I would say is that the sizes are pretty small so would recommend really looking at the size charts and measure everyone. The packing and postage is a little bit steep too just so you're aware.
    But all in all I liked the dress I brought and I'm happy to buy from them again. Good luck Smiley smile x
  • Charlotte
    VIP April 2022 Wiltshire
    Charlotte ·
    • Hide content
    JJS house are good, not used for my bm dresses but have got dresses from there and know lots of people who have got bridal from there quality is good and they now do off peg sizes so I would say go for it
  • Jade
    Dedicated May 2022 Essex
    Jade ·
    • Hide content
    Have you considered the multi-way dresses? One size fits all and can be worn different ways so bridesmaids can pick a style they all feel comfortable in? My sister tried hers on at 36 weeks pregnant and it still looked gorgeous!
  • Halta
    Halta ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you so much for the suggestions! I think I will give JJs House a go then!

Jade, do you remember where you got the multi-way dresses? I've heard mixed reviews on those being clingy and unflattering sometimes.

• A
    Savvy July 2021 Devon
    Alexandra ·
    • Hide content

Hi, I got my bridesmaids the grey multiway dress from The Pretty Infinity on Etsy - the quality is really good. I even got myself a short version in yellow for changing into after the first music set! They are really comfy, my ladies all styled them differently and each looked gorgeous - the dresses were very flattering for a range of body shapes/sizes Smiley smile

The only thing I will say is order them with plenty of time as she is very busy and I needed to get the dresses taken up as the BM's were all 5ft 4 or shorter - but I think if you supply lengths she will make them to suit.

• Halta
    Halta ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks Alexandra, that's a huge help- I've just looked that up and they do look really lovely and comfy! Plus they're half the cost of another company I found!

How long did they take to arrive?

Also, would you say they're supportive up top? Two bridesmaids would be uncomfortable going braless and it doesn't look like they're bra friendly but I suppose it depends how you style them!

• Jade
    Dedicated May 2022 Essex
    Jade ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I got them from Etsy - pretty infinity is name of the site they were a bargain at £40 each and was even able to order matching ties for the groom and groomsmen - took quite a bit longer to come than advised but well worth the wait!
  • A
    Savvy July 2021 Devon
    Alexandra ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    No problem at all, I really do recommend them! They come with a free bandeau so anyone wanting to wear a proper bra can do so, and the others wore strapless or stick on bras with them Smiley smile
    I think it took a good few weeks to get them but I’m not sure what her lead times are currently.
    I’ve attached a few photos which shows them all with varying shapes, sizes and styles to show how well they suit each of them! xBridesmaid Dresses 1
    Bridesmaid Dresses 2
    Bridesmaid Dresses 3

• Hayley
    Rockstar September 2022 Norfolk
    Hayley ·
    • Hide content
    This is where I got my multiway from https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/JacquelineLouisexox?ref=related&listing_id=837436045#items

Gorgeous material. One bridesmaid has hers but I'm yet to give my other hers. The one who has it says it's really flattering.
  • Lauren
    Curious April 2022 Kent
    Lauren ·
    • Hide content
    Hello,

I brought mine of Shein. They had many different colours and are beautiful on and great quality. Have attached the link for you.
    https://m.shein.co.uk/EVER-PRETTY-Surplice-Neck-Tied-Empire-Waist-Mesh-Prom-Dress-p-1157073-cat-3091.html

Also, Quiz and Debenhams online have great bridesmaid dresses too.
    Wed2be also does bridesmaids dresses. Many different colours and styles. So you could always choose one colour and then have the bridesmaids in different styles. Have attatched the link for you.
    https://www.wed2b.com/bridesmaids
  • M
    Beginner September 2021 South East London
    Melanie ·
    • Hide content
    We used JJs house for my bridesmaid dress and it was fantastic - made to measure so it fitted perfectly and it arrived really promptly. I saw mixed reviews for them online so was unsure but my experience was good.
  • Halta
    Halta ·
    • Hide content

Thank you so much you've all been so helpful!

• Michelle
    VIP July 2024 Cheshire
    Michelle ·
    • Hide content
    You could try hebeos as well x💗 Or try. Simplebridesmaiddresses.co.uk x
  • M
    South Carolina
    Melissa ·
    • Hide content

I recently bought RUCHED SLEEVELESS MINI DRES. Super flattering. A bit tight though. Not too stretchy. You might be stuck between your size and one size up. I got 40% Off On this product through Windsor Promo Code .

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics