Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

T
Beginner August 2022 Surrey

Bridesmaid dresses

Tish, 7 of July of 2022 at 13:04 Posted on Wedding Attire 0 7
Hi all,
Has anyone had experience with buying bridesmaid dresses online? These particular shops, Stacees, Cincinia, Mix Bridal, are overseas and I’ve seen a lot of mixed reviews which is a pain.
Our wedding is just over 6 weeks away and I’m unsure whether to go for it and see what happens.Any help or advice would be much appreciated x

7 replies

Latest activity by Sarah, 13 of March of 2024 at 07:59
  • Yorkshirelass
    Super July 2022 Surrey
    Yorkshirelass ·
    • Hide content
    I bought all 5 of my BM dresses online from JJs House and we are really pleased but I personally think it’s too late to order from abroad with only 6 weeks to go! We have 2 weeks to go and our dresses were ordered in April and they took a couple of weeks to arrive. This gave us time to get any alterations done (one dress needed taking in) and also to order a spare dress which is did end up doing as 4 of my BMs are juniors so they grow!
    I think you are better off looking at UK stores online such as ASOS, Boohoo,Ever Pretty and even New Look and Monsoon because your timelines are too tight if anything arrives and it isn’t right or there are delivery delays. Good luck
  • T
    Beginner August 2022 Surrey
    Tish ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you for your message. I haven’t checked JJs house yet. How accurate is their sizing?
    The dress I’ve found is a short, knee length dress so hoping they wouldn’t need any alterations.
    Bridesmaid dresses 1

• Yorkshirelass
    Super July 2022 Surrey
    Yorkshirelass ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    All our dresses are knee length even the adult one and we went for 3 custom size dresses as the girls measurements did not match the ones online. They are all ok bar one which is a bit big on the shoulders so we are having it altered locally. If you are going to try JJs then the most important thing to do is measure exactly as they instruct on the website and make sure you order as close to that as possible and if not then consider custom size but it’s more expensive and you can’t return.
  • Michelle
    VIP July 2024 Cheshire
    Michelle ·
    • Hide content
    I think with the time you habe left jjs house would be your best option x💗 good luck
  • J
    Beginner September 2023 Lincolnshire
    Jenna ·
    • Hide content
    My bridesmaids ordered off Cicinina, shipping was a mixed bag with some taking 2 weeks and others up to 4 weeks. All need slight alterations so I would hazard to say you’re cutting it very fine to order from abroad due to the unreliable shipping times.

Have you looked at Asos, or Ever Pretty?
  • Valyria
    Savvy October 2026 West Sussex
    Valyria ·
    • Hide content

Don't go with Stacees - terrible company, even their supposed 'bespoke dresses' don't fit properly, they're bad quality and you never get your money back. type them into trust pilot and you'll see how terrible their reputation is. I wish I'd looked on there before ordering myself.

• S
    Beginner September 2024 Lothian & Borders
    Sarah ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hi Jenna,

I am also thinking about buying from Cicinia. Aside from delivery times, did the dresses fit well? Did you order custom sizes or generic sizes? If generic sizes, are they true to size? How was the quality of the material and did the colours all match?

Sorry! lots of questions haha but thanks in advance Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics