Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

C
Beginner July 2022 Greater Manchester

Bridesmaid fall out 2 days before wedding

Charlotte, 20 of July of 2022 at 23:26 Posted on Etiquette and Advice 0 5
Hello

I'm getting married on Saturday and two of my three bridesmaids have had a fall out. One of them told me about the argument whilst the other has kept it to themselves. I am not sure what to do. I love them both very much. I understand why bridesmaid 1 is upset but I feel like they should be sorting things out between themselves rather than involving me at this late stage when I have so much wedding prep to sort out in two days. I'm not sure what to do.... any advice? I have been told not to get involved and that I have enough to handle right now but I feel I want to fix it. I was so looking forward to getting ready with my friends on the morning of the wedding but now I think it's going to be awkward and unfriendly. I'm feeling so anxious about it.

5 replies

Latest activity by Michelle, 22 of July of 2022 at 10:43
  • Yorkshirelass
    Super July 2022 Surrey
    Yorkshirelass ·
    • Hide content
    I’m getting married this Saturday too. I don’t have your situation as 4 of my bridesmaids are young- aged between 8-14 and my maid of honour is my sister. However if it were me I would be annoyed they had even told me. Even if you don’t have much prep to do this would still play on your mind and it would have been better and more mature of them to sort it out themselves and keep it from you. I’ve had a couple of things which I haven’t told my mum about up to now because I know how much she will worry. They really should be dealing with this themselves to protect you from extra drama.
    Say to the ones who told you, I appreciate this fall out is upsetting but I really have enough to concentrate on and I would be grateful if you could put the differences aside for one day for me. Or something like that! Good luck. We are nearly there!
  • Anonbride
    Expert July 2023 Cornwall
    Anonbride ·
    • Hide content

I feel like it depends a little bit on whether the falling out feels like it impacts you at all - does it make you feel any different about either one of them and whether you still want them as your bridesmaids?

If not, I'd just say to them that you understand that they're going through a difficult time in their friendship but you'd really appreciate it if it could be put aside for your wedding.

If they're currently sat next to each other or anything like that could you rejig the seating chart? That's my only thought for on the day, but otherwise hopefully they'll both be adult enough to deal and not let it impact your day!

• H
    Dedicated May 2022
    HappyGoldBridesmaid18836 ·
    • Hide content
    I really think they should be sorting this out for themselves at such a late stage. The only thing I think you should do is maybe ensure they are not sat on the same table. X
  • R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

If they are not old enough to put aside their differences for the day, they are not old enough to be bridesmaids. Maybe pointing that out to them might make them pull themselves together. If they are your contemporaries and you are old enough to be getting married, then they are definitely too old to be behaving like bratty children!

• Michelle
    VIP July 2024 Cheshire
    Michelle ·
    • Hide content
    I really think they should not have told you it must be hard for you as ypu want that special day with them all and that includes them talking i think they just need to just suck it up and think about you speak to them telll them if its going to cause a problem then is it worth them being bridesmaid i know your wedding is 2morrow could you get them together 2day to sort it out or is the problem really bad x💗

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics