Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

C
Curious May 2022 East Riding of Yorkshire

Bridesmaids walking behind

Chan1994, 15 of January of 2022 at 21:51 Posted on Etiquette and Advice 0 11
We get married in May in a church (a very big one) and I am quite traditional about weddings, therefore I want to walk in first and have the bridesmaids follow. Both of the bridesmaids are happy with this as they both feel there would be a bit less attention on them which they like as they are both feeling nervous about walking down the aisle in front of 100 people. They both also think it's lovely to follow and we're the ones to mention it way before I even did Obviously as we are all happy with this, that is what is happening. I just thought I would see what other people think of this as I see a lot of people saying that bridesmaids should go first to 'build up suspense' and so that no attention will be taken from the bride...but imo the bride has the attention most of the day so I don't really get that point?

Does anybody think it really matters at what point the bridesmaids walk down the aisle?

11 replies

Latest activity by Michelle, 25 of January of 2022 at 16:12
  • Charlotte
    VIP April 2022 Wiltshire
    Charlotte ·
    • Hide content
    Mine are going first, this is more the American way, but as our aisle is fairly short it made sense for them to go first so they are settled in seats before me as I have 5 little ones and 2 adults, but honestly is your choice and as long as you are happy that is all that matters
  • C
    Chan1994 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yeah I was looking into it and it is definitely more American Smiley smile that will be lovely though! Yeah everyone is happy with it, I think maybe I have been over thinking if people at the wedding will have something to day about it but I doubt I would care tbh!
  • Louise
    Rockstar March 2022 Devon
    Louise ·
    • Hide content
    I think for my sisters wedding when I was a bridesmaid (many years ago) we walked behind her. I was going to do the same as also I don't want the photographer to miss me and my dad walking. With the bridesmaids first u leave them less opportunity to get a good one of u possibly.
  • PhotographybyBillHaddon
    Super January 3000 Leicestershire
    PhotographybyBillHaddon ·
    • Hide content

Almost all Church weddings I have shot at the Bride goes first. At at almost all civil weddings I have shot at then the bridesmaids go first.

• Charlotte
    VIP April 2022 Wiltshire
    Charlotte ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Don't over think anything, isnypurbday sonwho cares whet people think, you do you x
  • Jess
    Dedicated October 2022 Worcestershire
    Jess ·
    • Hide content
    I really think it’s entirely personal preference. My bridesmaids are going in front of me because I thought the first eyes are on them and also I plan to walk on my own but there’s absolutely no right or wrong.
  • C
    Chan1994 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yeah this is something I had thought about and I think it's much easier for the photographer to get pictures if I go first!
  • C
    Chan1994 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That's good to hear! Definitely seems to be tradition for church weddings!
  • PhotographybyBillHaddon
    Super January 3000 Leicestershire
    PhotographybyBillHaddon ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

"Yeah this is something I had thought about and I think it's much easier for the photographer to get pictures if I go first!"

In a civil ceremony it doesn't really make any difference because the bridesmaids will go the full length of the isle and then split left and right to their seats at the front and so will be fully out of the way for when you walk up

• Sassy
    Curious September 2022 West Sussex
    Sassy ·
    • Hide content
    This is a good point! I’ve just always thought my bridesmaids would go first along with flower girl and page boy! We also having my dog going down the aisle lol!
  • Michelle
    VIP July 2024 Cheshire
    Michelle ·
    • Hide content
    I think if your going for tradition plus being in a church i would say bride first, then photos can be taking of you walking up with no one blocking your face on pictures x but it your choice xx💗

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics