Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Kylie541
Beginner February 2013

Bridesmaids...how many is too many?

Kylie541, 21 of February of 2012 at 21:11 Posted on Planning 0 49

How many are you all having? I'm having 4 but really want a 5th ? is it too many?

49 replies

Latest activity by LuxuriousBlueStationery78415, 3 of January of 2019 at 15:25
  • Going2theChapel
    Beginner March 2013
    Going2theChapel ·
    • Hide content

I dont think so, Im having 4 bridesmaids, one flower girl and a Page boy x

• V
    Beginner April 2013
    Vintage84 ·
    • Hide content

My sister had 5 and a flower girl...it felt a bit too much but if you've got the budget and you really want to include a special person then why not! : )

• L
    Beginner April 2013
    laura9889 ·
    • Hide content

Not at all I'm having 2 Bm and 6 flower girls not my choice my MIL asked me to have her nephews 2 girls and felt forced was put on the spot! then I have my 2 nieces our daughter and my oh niece I think I'm going to look like the pied piper!

• Charlie-Lou
    Beginner June 2012
    Charlie-Lou ·
    • Hide content

I'm having 8 and 4 flower girls some may say it's too much and i would say so what.

I have a very close circle of girls around me, family and friends; and to choose would have been unbearable so i'm having them all! Smiley smile

• M
    Beginner August 2012
    mariathorp ·
    • Hide content

Im having 5 adult bridesmaids, a flower girl and 3 page boys!

• B
    Beginner August 2013
    Bee26 ·
    • Hide content

I'm having 5 adult bridesmaids, my son as a page boy and possibly having ushers walk down the aisle with the bridesmaids though that might be pushing it! It's a civil ceremony in a room which holds 120 so hopefully it won't look like too much. I have to have those 5 girls as bms it wouldn't feel right otherwise

• B
    Beginner September 2012
    bia57 ·
    • Hide content

I'm having 4 bridesmaids and 2 flower girls. I think it's a bit much but want them all to be part of it and be up there with me.

• IshouldCoco
    Beginner September 2012
    IshouldCoco ·
    • Hide content

I think It depends on the location of the service.

A registry office or hotel look a little OTT with 3+ bridesmaids (in my opinion). Even for a church I think it looks a bit much at times. Completely down to yourself though and what you want for your day...

• freckles87
    Beginner May 2013
    freckles87 ·
    • Hide content

I'm having 4 adult bridesmaids and 1 flower girl. I don't think 5 is excessive at all, and if you really want this person to be your 5th, then ask them!

• sian-tiffany
    Beginner May 2012
    sian-tiffany ·
    • Hide content

I'm only having 2 (sister and one of my closest friends) but you should have as many as you like! It's your day ?

• Red Baroness
    Beginner July 2012
    Red Baroness ·
    • Hide content

My friend had 5 adult bridesmaids and 2 flower girls. In my opinion it was way too many, but lots of people feel differently!

• princesssaraht
    Beginner December 2012
    princesssaraht ·
    • Hide content

Im having 5 adult BMs and 2 Pageboys. Have as many as you want - aslong as they dont outnumber the guests!

• Shamy
    Beginner September 2014
    Shamy ·
    • Hide content

I say have as many as you like! I'm only having 3 adult BMs and 2 FGs, but if there were more people I felt I wanted then I would ask them too.

• N
    Beginner June 2012
    Nicalf08 ·
    • Hide content

I say choose who you want. I'm having 3 BMs and 2fgs which I feel is slightly excessive for ME, but I have my best friend who is moh and then 4 nieces, there would have been hell if I'd only picked one or two of them!

• lurvlytwink
    Beginner June 2012
    lurvlytwink ·
    • Hide content

I'd say have who you want....but if your only having a small intimate wedding and half your guests are bridesmaids...that may look a little odd

x

• S
    Beginner May 2012
    sue250 ·
    • Hide content

I've got 4 adult bridesmaids, but realistically i think thats going to drop down to 3 as one of them is pregnant and due 2 weeks before the wedding

• anothermrsjones
    Beginner July 2012
    anothermrsjones ·
    • Hide content

I have 8 but 2 are little. I have a group of very close friends and would never have been able to pick between them and I want them so I don't really care if people think it's too much. I'll only have my sister standing up with me so it won't look mad in the church. So to me 5 is low key haha

• SadieButterfly
    Beginner September 2013
    SadieButterfly ·
    • Hide content

Not exactly sure as yet, 2 Flowergirls, 2 Bridesmaids..... allthough another possible two bridesmaids, depends on the budget.

• L
    Beginner April 2012
    LEMBS8 ·
    • Hide content

I was going to have 6 but one dropped out so I have 5. I think you should just have however many you want and not worry about numbers!

• teapotty
    Beginner October 2013
    teapotty ·
    • Hide content

Im having 7 but I have 3 sisters and a close cousin, so really any friends I had was always gonna be plus 4! Have who you want (but prepare for nightmare time with dresses!!)

• Kylie541
    Beginner February 2013
    Kylie541 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks girls I feel reassured now. To put you all in the picture I have my little cousin as MOH and I asked my sister in law from my partners side to be a bridesmaid as she had been with my partners brother for around 12 years so my partner has known her since he was young and her baby is a pageboy and hubby is best man. I also asked my sister in laws from my side. So had four. My partner also had trouble deciding on a best man so we have two and I have two pageboys! 76 guests in a country house.....I also forgot the dog!

• venart
    Beginner June 2013
    venart ·
    • Hide content

I think it depends on the size of the wedding- if you're in a large venue I'd say it's fine, but if you're in a tiny little room like I am, you'll look very crowded. My cousin had 6 bridesmaids in a little chapel that really only suited 3. Then again, have whoever you want. In the end it's just down to you. Any more than 5 and things always end up looking funny.

• I
    Beginner January 1999
    irrelephant ·
    • Hide content

We're having 4 bridesmaids.

I think as long as your bridesmaids don't outnumber the guests then its fine. Someone I know had 8 bridesmaids at a wedding with 35 guests. That looked a bit silly.

• VeeDubLuv
    Beginner November 2012
    VeeDubLuv ·
    • Hide content

I have got 5 bridesmaids, 2 flower girls & 2 ushers!

I'm only doing this once!!!!!

• Mrs Mack
    Beginner May 2012
    Mrs Mack ·
    • Hide content

I'm having 4 adult BMS (2 sisters, 1 FSIL and 1 cousin) and 1 junior BM (12 yr old sister). I'm also having OHs 2 nephews as page boys! x

• Kylie541
    Beginner February 2013
    Kylie541 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

These is my thought too! This Is my one and only big day! I don't want anyone left out.

• Chidders
    Beginner June 2012
    Chidders ·
    • Hide content

I have 2 adult bridesmaids. How many guests are you having Kylie?

• Chidders
    Beginner June 2012
    Chidders ·
    • Hide content

Sorry, I have just seen you have answered this!

I would say you can get away with 5. It is up to you though, if the extra person is important to you to have included in the Bridal Party, then ask her!

• K
    Beginner August 2013
    Kitles123 ·
    • Hide content

I am having 3 adults bm's, 2 junior bm's, 1 fg, 2 pg boys and 3 ushers! I have lots of nieces and nephews and don't want to leave them out.

• Kylie541
    Beginner February 2013
    Kylie541 ·
    • Hide content

I have ended up with 5 adult bridesmaids, 1 flowergirl, 2 pageboys and two best men! OH has said no more.

• Kjay
    Beginner August 2013
    Kjay ·
    • Hide content

8?!! Is that some kind of record??! Hehe, good luck!

• Vanilla Pod
    Beginner September 2011
    Vanilla Pod ·
    • Hide content

I had 3 adult BM'S a chief Bridesman and 2 flowergirls, so 6 altogether. Ours was a big church wedding (150 daytime guests) and mine were all people who meant something to me, neices and my best friend so personally I think it looked lovely. I think in a registry office with 30 people and 5 bridesmaids it can look OTT but each to their own!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics