Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

kj82
Beginner December 2010

Bumpits?

kj82, 16 August, 2010 at 19:32 Posted on Planning 0 12

Hi ladies,

Are any of you thinking of using bumpits or something similar for your hair for the big day? My hair's really fine and really wanted high hair Smiley smile Just wondering really if anyones got any experience with them, do they work? I have a hair trial friday and was thinking if getting some to play with xx

12 replies

Latest activity by debmci, 22 August, 2010 at 18:00
  • *JLS*
    Beginner July 2012
    *JLS* ·
    • Hide content

Aw I haven't tried them but they look like a good idea, I will definately be getting someone to do my hair on the day - I'm hopeless with hair type stuff!!

• grace85
    Beginner February 2011
    grace85 ·
    • Hide content

My friends got one and she loves it. I'm definately going to get one.

x

• Mrs C
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs C ·
    • Hide content

I've bought some but struggled so far to get them to look right!

Me needs more practice methinks!

• HatTrick
    Beginner September 2010
    HatTrick ·
    • Hide content

I did try them but as my hair is quite fine I found that you could still see them underneath. In the end I just had my hair back combed which gave the same effect, although this did give me lots of split ends.

• O
    Beginner June 2011
    onedaybride ·
    • Hide content

Oh My word is it only me that wondered what bum pits were, till I read the thread and realised it was bump its! Bad product name!?

I have fine hair, but luckily am having a down do, I don't think an up do would look so good with my hair these days.

• BumbleBrat
    BumbleBrat ·
    • Hide content

My Sister bought me 3 packs of these for bridesmaids etc - They're in poundland, £1 per pack (Obv lol) with loads of different sizes in. I wont be using one myself.. A good hairdresser wouldn't use them, they back comb it etc to make it stay up. I'd be worried about it showing all day if I wore one. One of my bridesmaids is a hairdresser so will hopefully be doing our hair with the help of one of her co-workers who has won lots of awards.

• D
    Beginner November 2011
    DTTB ·
    • Hide content

Hiya

just get a good hairdresser to backcomb your hair i am a hairdresser and there is no need 4 them, especially if you have fine hair, what if the wind blows a small bit and u can c it through ur hair, they r maybe good 4 thick hair and only if u struggle 2 backcomb, but not 4 a wedding

• COCOCHIQUITA1984
    Beginner
    COCOCHIQUITA1984 ·
    • Hide content

Not used these to be honest but my hairdresser just used heated rollers to maximise the texture and volume, backcombed and used a fair bit of hairspray, before clipping into style x

• Josiep00
    Beginner December 2010
    Josiep00 ·
    • Hide content

"One day" you were not alone in your confusion.

I thought we were going to be comparing bums to armpits or something! But I know what the ladies are refering to now - the little advert they run in my local Boots for them makes them look pretty cool - dunno how comfy they are though.

• kj82
    Beginner December 2010
    kj82 ·
    • Hide content

Well, we tried backcombing my hair first and it just wouldnt go!! The bumpit went in and was well hidden but i think id be too paranoid about it showing to use it for the wedding. Going to have a rethink......

• debmci
    debmci ·
    • Hide content

your hairdresser should have something or someway of keeping your hair high. but ask her/him!! Ive thick hair so should be ok there!!! looking forward to my trial on fri!! Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics