Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

L
Beginner Greater Manchester

Buying wedding dresses online.

Laura, 15 of January of 2023 at 18:39 Posted on Wedding Attire 1 6
Hi everyone,
I have been looking to buy a dress online, mostly for the fact it helps my budget. I have appointments booked to go and see what kind of style I like but I’d prefer to spend less that £250 on the dress but I still want it to look nice. Does anyone have any advice or experience with any online shops? I’ve been looking at everpretty and jjs house. There’s mixed reviews online and everyone has heard the horror stories and I don’t want to waste my money. Any help would be appreciated.

6 replies

Latest activity by Shay, 29 of January of 2023 at 22:34
  • H
    Expert November 2022 Lincolnshire
    Hayley ·
    • Hide content
    My dress came from Monsoon so I would recommend them for quality, price and easy returns. I was also impressed it was packaged in a garment bag with a padded hanger and in a box so was well protected. I was worried that buying online would mean it would come in a flimsy plastic bag that most clothes arrive in.
  • R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

I tried on a few in a shop to get an idea of what silhouettes suited me, but I bought the dress I wore online. I didn't have a good experience with Monsoon - the dress I ordered arrived dirty, with biro marks on the front, and when I contacted them about it, they said they couldn't send a replacement, and that I would have to request a refund and then reorder the dress. They were also really rude, asking me how long I had been wearing the dress before I 'claimed' the marks 'appeared'. I also ordered from ChiChi London, but found their styles varied hugely in size (one 14 was baggy on me, another in a similar cut was so small I couldn't even get it on!) and the finish was poor (white thread randomly changing to bright pink halfway across the bodice of one dress!)

I eventually found my dress at Ivy Oak, which was beautiful quality and very cheap, but their prices have gone up since then and they've also changed their style quite a bit.

• Michelle
    VIP July 2024 Cheshire
    Michelle ·
    • Hide content
    I got mine from ever pretty exactly like I imagined and good quality just me being silly ordered wrong size ♥️
  • J
    Beginner August 2023 Leicestershire
    Jenny ·
    • Hide content
    ASOS have a bridal collection that are good quality and you can send them back if they don't fit xx
  • J
    Beginner August 2023 Cheshire
    Jessica ·
    • Hide content
    Hi,
    ASOS have a great wedding range. I bought my dress for £180 & shoes for £22.
    You wouldn’t tell it’s from an online retailer at that price. You can order & try on at home & send back if not suitable Smiley smile Good luck dress shopping
  • S
    Rockstar July 2024 Cumbria
    Shay ·
    • Hide content
    Hi Laura, you say you have appointments booked. Just incase you absolutely fall in love with one you try on and then can’t take your mind off it make sure you try on dresses at your budget or near it. Incase you just can’t find anything like it. Also some places have large sales on in the bridal boutiques at this time of the year and later on in the year if you still have plenty of time? But as said above there is also lots of online shops that do beautiful ones at great prices. ASOS, my sister had a lovely experience with ever pretty. How about house of Fraser? TK Maxx has a bridal range in some larger stores and sometimes online. Good luck. 😬 x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics