Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

O
Beginner October 2012

Can any one recommend under eye concealer for wedding day makeup

october-bride, 4 May, 2012 at 10:09 Posted on Planning 0 22

Hi, I am looking for some recommendations for an under eye concealer to use as part of wedding day makeup.

Daily I use Garnier caffine anti- dark circles 2 in 1 tinted eye roll which is fine but not as good as I would like. Therefore I am looking into something a bit better to use as part of my wedding day makeup. Also something that will look ok in the photos.

Any recommendations?

22 replies

Latest activity by *sweetpea*, 9 May, 2012 at 13:17
  • Kylie541
    Beginner February 2013
    Kylie541 ·
    • Hide content

I love http://www.boots.com/en/LOreal-Paris-True-Match-Touche-Magique-Concealer_984446/

• N
    Beginner June 2012
    Nicalf08 ·
    • Hide content

I use Benefit Boi-ing and then YSL Touché Éclat. I have dark circles and puffy bags that are bad for my age so I have to reapply one of these two concealers later in the day but for someone whose eyes aren't as bad they would be perfect.

• N
    Beginner June 2012
    Nicalf08 ·
    • Hide content

Oh and they look fine in photos too.

• FaeBelle13
    Beginner April 2013
    FaeBelle13 ·
    • Hide content

I think i was born with bags under my eyes, they are a permanent fixture on my face. The only thing i have ever found that come close to covering them in benefit erase paste. It looks really orange but actually covers amazingly. It looks wuite shiney, i assume to reflect the light so would be good for photos I think.

• M
    Beginner June 2012
    MummyBrads ·
    • Hide content

Estée Lauder double wear concealer. It's pricey but so worth it. You can get a free sample from boots if you go to the Estée Lauder counter.

• Aurora Borealis
    Beginner June 2013
    Aurora Borealis ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I use this and find it works well.

• Purple Pixie
    Beginner July 2012
    Purple Pixie ·
    • Hide content

I've tried a few but have found Benefit's Booing the best.

• D
    Savvy September 2012
    delphi13 ·
    • Hide content

By Terry touch veloute. Not sure if the link below will work but it comes from Space NK. Very good with both undereye and other blemishes....although not that cheap it's fair to say

[View:http://uk.spacenk.com/Touche-Veloutee/UK200003375,en_GB,pd.html?start=12&cgid=SPUK3010202&prefn1=brand&prefv1=BYTERRY:550:0]

• Alreadymarried
    Alreadymarried ·
    • Hide content

I've always heard that touché éclat and the like give the reverse panda eyes effect in photographs so isn't recommended.

I use Bo-oing and Erase Paste by Benefit.

• C
    Beginner August 2012
    chloe_chloe ·
    • Hide content

As lady_laura_lou says, YSL Touche Eclat can look white in photos. I've also heard the same about Estée Lauder Doublewear foundation, so the same might apply for the concealer.

I suggest you trial anything you're planning on using by taking some photos before the big day (with flash, as this is what causes it).

• llindsey
    Beginner June 2012
    llindsey ·
    • Hide content

Another of estee lauder double wear concealer.

its great for daily wear as well, but the cover is amazing, and stays put.

• Juliet Cunnington (Makeup HIB)
    Juliet Cunnington (Makeup HIB) ·
    • Hide content

Touché éclat is a no no for wedding makeup as it looks White on photos taken with a flash. The only way it can be used is if it's mixed with the foundation or tinted mousturiser you're using to tone down the light reflectors. For normally dark circles I use Bobbi Brown creamy concealers buffed in with a fluffy brush and set with Laura Mercier Secret Brightening powder #2 For people with much darker circles i would use a colour corrector by Bobbi Brown with a Bobbi Brown Creamy concealer ontop set with the brightening powder. Juliet x

• *AJS*
    Beginner December 2012
    *AJS* ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I use this too x

• Vee Tee
    Beginner April 2012
    Vee Tee ·
    • Hide content

The clinique one i had was great, sorry dpn't know the specifics offhand.

• ladyzoot
    Beginner August 2012
    ladyzoot ·
    • Hide content

Didn't really like touche eclat when I tried it. Much prefer Benefits Erase Paste.

• L
    Lemon Violet ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

I would suggest Bare Minerals Bisque concealer. This is very good as are all their products.

I have just started a little business selling fascinators, so maybe you might like to have a look. I value people`s opinion as it`s all new to me.

www.weedingfascinator.co.uk

Thanks

lynne

• xlovebirdsx
    Beginner August 2012
    xlovebirdsx ·
    • Hide content

Benefit erase paste works for me xx

• saspip
    Beginner May 2012
    saspip ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I use this too. I got told it's a brand that was started up by the woman that invented touche eclat for YSL but that might have been a sales spiel. I use it not just under my eyes but also to even the tone on other blemishes on m skin. I've never noticed it coming up strangely in photos but I haven't had any professional pics yet!

• *sweetpea*
    Beginner July 2012
    *sweetpea* ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Noooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just bought this!!!!!!!!!! [:'(] ARGH! Juliet, you fabulous make up HIB you, your technique sounds beyond my capabilities...any easy to use products that I can directly without too much faffing?

• Juliet Cunnington (Makeup HIB)
    Juliet Cunnington (Makeup HIB) ·
    • Hide content

Of course it's not beyond you! All you do is brush on a layer on concealer and pat in then reapply another layer and pat it. Then with another brush pat on a very thin layer of brightening powder to set. Juliet x

• hannah22
    Beginner August 2012
    hannah22 ·
    • Hide content

Definately Bobbi brown corrector and concealer duo. Its amazing

• S
    Beginner June 2012
    steph2325 ·
    • Hide content

Its not a concealer but i love this

http://www.benefitcosmetics.com/product/view/ooh-la-lift

xx

• *sweetpea*
    Beginner July 2012
    *sweetpea* ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

*Sorry for hijakcing but REALLY need Juliet's wisdom...*

Sooo I have YSL touche eclat, dior forever foundation, laura mercier secret camoflage and a Nars brightening powder thing. Do you think I can manage without buying a new eye concealer? Mix the YSL with the foundation and pat on as instructed above?? Thanks Juliet!!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics