Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B

Can I have some dowloadingy advice please?!

11 of January of 2014 at 18:56 Posted on Planning 0 14

Our venue has asked us to make a compilation CD for guest arrival, bridal entrance, signing the register and walking back up the isle.

I have my heart set on the songs listed below, however a lot of these groups seem to have no way of buying or downloading individual singles to then make a CD. The Vitamin String Quartet do sell CD albums but the songs we'd like are on different albums and then we'd have to some how get them on to one CD. They do have the Itunes option to download singles but neither me or my OH have anything Apple to download them to ( I am assuming you can't download Itunes songs to a normal PC?)

Organic String Quarter and Arco Quartet don't seem to sell their singles on CD or Download at all unfortunately and they seem to be the only groups who do good covers of Billy Idol "White Wedding" and Madness "It Must Be Love" that I can find.

Can anyone please help me as I have no idea what I'm doing! Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thank you. x

We would LOVE these as our coming in/signing the register music:-

Vitamin String Quartet https://www.vitaminstringquartet.com/music/wedding.html

1. Pat Benantine "We Belong"
  2. Guns N Roses "Sweet Clild Of Mine"
  3. David Bowie "We Could Be Heroes"

Organic String Quartet https://www.reverbnation.com/organicstringquartet/song/11925774-white-wedding-billy-idol

1. Billy Idol "White Wedding"

Arco String Quartet https://www.reverbnation.com/arcostringquartet/song/6349542-it-must-be-love-madness

1. Madness "It Must Be Love"
  2. Journey "Don't Stop believing"
  3. Wagner "Bridal Chorus"

14 replies

Latest activity by Tiny-Tiggs, 12 of January of 2014 at 01:40
  • mooshy
    Beginner April 2014
    mooshy ·
    • Hide content

You can install iTunes on your pc or laptop and purchase the songs on there then make a playlist of the songs you like and burn them to a cd all within itunes. (I made my OH an alternative (rock) valentines mixtape that way).

• mooshy
    Beginner April 2014
    mooshy ·
    • Hide content

No worries. If you can find the music somewhere else you can import it into your iTunes library.

• mooshy
    Beginner April 2014
    mooshy ·
    • Hide content

If you have a copy of the song, ie download it or import it from a cd to your computer you can then import it to iTunes.

• mooshy
    Beginner April 2014
    mooshy ·
    • Hide content

No problem, good luck! I really need to start thinking about my wedding playlist too and this has reminded me!

• Chippet
    Beginner January 2014
    Chippet ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

OH still had to do ours and we've got a week to go! You've got plenty of time lol Smiley winking

Really need to kick his arse into gear

• mooshy
    Beginner April 2014
    mooshy ·
    • Hide content

I imagine my OH will be exactly the same, probably won't have even got his suits the week before haha. A week to go... scary! Is there anything else you need to do?

• Chippet
    Beginner January 2014
    Chippet ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Naa, we don't have the suits, they're at the shop just need collected. Biggest job still to do is finish writing the place cards and for OH to sort the music. Otherwise it's just finalising details with suppliers and collecting things. So not too bad.

Oh and I still need to pack for our honeymoon! We go straight from our venue to Heathrow... I'm part way there, stuff is on the spare bed lol.

• mooshy
    Beginner April 2014
    mooshy ·
    • Hide content

Just do what I do when I want OH to do something, pretend I'm gonna do it myself and choose something he will really hate, he soon gets around to doing it himself ?

• Tiny-Tiggs
    Beginner April 2012
    Tiny-Tiggs ·
    • Hide content

Aww I love the Vitamin String Quartet, I think I spent a fortune on itunes before the wedding doing this.

Which 2 are you still stuck for? I assume not Vitamin or I could have maybe helped out somehow.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics