Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

D
Savvy January 2023 Lancashire

Cancel big fancy wedding and elope instead?

Daniella, 20 of August of 2022 at 23:55 Posted on Planning 0 4
Has anyone done this? If so did you regret it?

4 replies

Latest activity by Michelle, 21 of August of 2022 at 17:43
  • R
    Curious October 2022 Warwickshire
    Rebecca ·
    • Hide content
    When we first got engaged, I was looking at all the big, fancy venues because I had it in my head that was what I wanted. I realised that we completely couldn’t afford it and that it wouldn’t work for us because my fiancé’s family all live abroad so not many would come. We ended up booking basically an elopement with only our nearest family and friends, so there will end up being 15 of us on the day.

We’re 9 weeks away now, and I’m honestly so excited because it feels so romantic! That being said, I think big, fancy weddings are always beautiful and joyful. I think whichever you decide to go for, it will be an amazing day that you will love. You need to remember that it is your wedding day, so you need to do what is right for you.
  • D
    Savvy January 2023 Lancashire
    Daniella ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    This is exactly how I feel too!! We’ve settled on cancelling and reorganising where we live. We’re currently in Ireland, my partner is Swedish and I’m English and we were even having it in England for my family’s ease (his family were more able to travel both financially and physically) so it just felt like it was for everyone else’s sake etc.
    we’ve found a lovely hotel near us that’s everything we loved about our last venue in England and have enquired today. The ones who matter and care for us will make the effort to attend, we’ll be happy regardless of who shows. I’m insanely excited that I now get to marry my Fiancé sooner too, what its all about 😍😍.

9 weeks away!! Eee I’m excited for you! Everything sorted for the big day? Xx
  • Charlotte
    VIP April 2022 Wiltshire
    Charlotte ·
    • Hide content
    Only you can d code, from experience we went back and forth and eventually settled on a small ceremony with 50 people and then had a further 60 in the evening. I do feel that we could have done less in the day and maybe if I did it again that is yhebeay we would have gone as since we have been married 4 months now I would say over half of those that came we have not heard from since. Your local idea is probably better in terms of logistics as well so weigh it all up and do what you want, don't let others opinions put pressure on you
  • Michelle
    VIP July 2024 Cheshire
    Michelle ·
    • Hide content
    Im doing this plan was to do it in newquay but mix up with registry office so we are still doing it without anyone but in our local registry office x so its about what do you both want x do you want to do it alone or big wedding x💗

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics