Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Km86
Dedicated December 2022 North Yorkshire

Cancelling big wedding & going to Gretna Green instead

Km86, 22 of October of 2021 at 15:46 Posted on Planning 0 3
After finally admitting there is no feasible way to pay for our beautiful wedding we had planned we are now considering cancelling it and just going to Gretna Green with 8 of our nearest and dearest. I'm worried about people who have been so excited for our wedding not being invited and I'm also worried our day will end up being rubbish. It's my partners first time getting married and I really wanted her to have the beautiful luxury wedding.

3 replies

Latest activity by Michelle, 23 of October of 2021 at 14:43
  • J
    Beginner April 2022 Cheshire
    Julie ·
    • Hide content
    I'm the same tbh my partner doesn't want to spend a lot as he says it's a lot if money for one day, which I get but everything is so expensive and regarding having it done at gretna who do u choose to invite , I have 4 children and I wanted to have my grandchildren as Bridesmaids and page boys , so I'm looking g at about 30 people with my family going and then there's friends so you end up doing the same thing there as you would at home. I think it's a case of just inviting witnesses and having g a big party once married and home
  • R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

People who truly care for you will far rather you have a day you can afford with just a few of your closest friends than that you go into debt to pay for a more extravagant celebration.

You can make a small wedding very special. But if you are concerned that Gretna Green won't feel special enough, have you considered having a wedding that is a bit cheaper than your original plan, but still bigger than a Gretna one?

Whatever you decide, remember that at the end of the day, what really matters is the commitment you are making to each other. The venue, food, entertainment, clothes, flowers etc are all very nice, but are really just the trimmings.

• Michelle
    VIP July 2024 Cheshire
    Michelle ·
    • Hide content
    I think if its saving you money and its what you both want to do then i would go for its about you both what you want for the future x i wish you all the best for your planning x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics