Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

*Bea*
Beginner October 2011

Candelabra, opinions please....

*Bea*, 20 November, 2010 at 19:16 Posted on Planning 0 15

I found this candelabra http://www.lauraashley.com/invt/3472689 which i like but wonder if maybe it is too short 32.5cm. The room is fairly small and it is an intimate wedding 4 tables of 10-12. Will be on round 5ft 6 or 6ft tables. What do you think will it be tall enough or look lost on the table?

ps i realise it is out of stock at the moment but they have some in the local shop and have signed up to email alert me when back in ?

15 replies

Latest activity by *Bea*, 21 November, 2010 at 18:34
  • MrsL'Cham2be
    Beginner October 2011
    MrsL'Cham2be ·
    • Hide content

Hmmm, not sure if I'm much help -I see what you mean about the height being quite small for a table of 10-12, but then obviously when the candles are in it will look taller. Are you having anything else around this-like t-lights or even just table crystals? I can see you worry but not sure. Can you perhaps order one and try it on a table to get an idea? Are they available in a Laura Ashley shop (or just online) so you can see with your own eyes?

Someone else may be more help with this.

• Em1982
    Beginner
    Em1982 ·
    • Hide content

Hi, i too am having candleabras, i think they are lovely, yours is beautiful, very elegant. remember the candles will add height. however the one thing id worry about is as they are quite small, the 'busy' part could be at eyeline so people wont be able to see each other across the table?

• *Bea*
    Beginner October 2011
    *Bea* ·
    • Hide content

Thanks ladies,

I was going to order one online tonight to check but out of stock, havent been able to get to store yet to look but MOH called to say they had them in stock. I think with a candle in it would be about 40-45cm high ish.

Thats true about eyeline I think you are right i need to get one and try it out to see really. Although I hope that with glass it is less of an obstacle than another material. I am quite liking glass at the moment.

Em - where are you getting your candelabras from?

• Em1982
    Beginner
    Em1982 ·
    • Hide content

i got mine from the local garden centre actually, i just called in one day for inspiration (they always have lots of pretty displays) and saw them, theyd been reduced. theyre silver and im wrapping ivy round them and attatching cream flowers and cream pillar candles. with candles i think they will be about 3/4 feet. havent got flowers or candles but this is it so far

• *Bea*
    Beginner October 2011
    *Bea* ·
    • Hide content

They are lovely , I think i remember you flashing them now. I think I might take a trip to my garden centre and have a look just in case!

• C
    creative wedding planner ·
    • Hide content

Hi Stupidlanb,

I feel so rude calling you the above name lol.

Regarding the candelabra, they are a little too short for guests having a conversation across the table, they need to be taller, most florist will hire them to you, at a fraction of that cost. (unless you are looking to keep some for yourself)

Regarding your table seating, I would go for the 5ft 6in, and I would seat a max of 8-10 guests per table., 8 would be less crowded, and more comfy for guests.

• B
    Beginner September 2011
    broomfield2b ·
    • Hide content

Hiya

not sure if you interested but I hired mine from a place in yorkshire, she post them out to you, you have them for a weeks hire and she also provide the candles.

there are £12 each a weeks hire

if want the info let me know

I have tall golden ones xxx

• C
    Beginner October 2011
    CLAIREYFAIRY2 ·
    • Hide content

They are really lovely, but I think they could be a bit low for people being able to see eachother. I'm getting my candlelabra from Melody Maison, they have loads of different ones, have a look on their website too!

• L
    Beginner August 2012
    Lillibet ·
    • Hide content

Love that candelabra, definately so different being glass!

With regards to heights, I personally find it very annoying having a candle burning at near eye level, and it almost physically hurts my eyes (and means you can't see the person opposite cos of the glare). Dunno if its the same for other people or if I just have sensitive eyes, but definitely something to bear in mind with candles ?

• *Bea*
    Beginner October 2011
    *Bea* ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for your comments, i have looked at several places to hire but I have found that the cost of hiring them has been fairly comparable to buying.

I really do like the glass ones and that would fit better with my theme, I was worried they may be too short to, I will test one out on the table I think but may need to keep looking.

Thanks for your advice on tables 'creative wedding planner' although I already have this sorted. 5ft 6in tables seat 8 to 10 and 6ft seat 10-12. So depending on final numbers I will finalise tables. Although am likely to have all 6ft to give plenty of room as minimum will be 10 on each table.

Thank you for the hire info I am in the South so am guessing that would be too far away really ?

• C
    creative wedding planner ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's OK.

I work nationwide with my wedding planning ?

• Sherrie H
    Beginner
    Sherrie H ·
    • Hide content

I think they are lovely & would be fine on the tables as even with the candles in them which will be thin dinner candles they won't actually block the person opposite.

• *Bea*
    Beginner October 2011
    *Bea* ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks Sherrie, it is nice to have a professionals opinion. ?

I am going to get one to start with ( only need 4 ) and do a mock table set up

• C
    Beginner March 2011
    clarem1986 ·
    • Hide content

Im having candelabras too and they look same height as mine. I think they are lovely! xx

• Sherrie H
    Beginner
    Sherrie H ·
    • Hide content

Does this help you visualise it better?

• *Bea*
    Beginner October 2011
    *Bea* ·
    • Hide content

Oh yes, Thats great thank you, I really like the ones on the far left picture although think they must be a bit taller the ones i have spoted. Is that a room that you have done? Very much the look I am going for.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics