Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

DebbieD

Candy station - can I hire all the jars without the sweets from somewhere?

DebbieD, 23 February, 2010 at 20:31 Posted on Planning 0 6

Does anyone know if there's somewhere i can hire all the bowls, jars and scoops for a candy station without all the sweets? I need them in Uxbridge, Middlesex. The bride doesn't want to buy them all but most places seem to include the sweets with the hire and then the cost is around £350!

6 replies

Latest activity by DebbieD, 24 February, 2010 at 17:07
  • naomiowen
    Beginner August 2010
    naomiowen ·
    • Hide content

Http://groceries.asda.com/asda-estore/search/searchcontainer.jsp;jsessionid=OYbExJadKvMI9FiUTLH2wA**.oses4068-atg05?trailSize=1&searchString=jar&domainName=Products&headerVersion=v1&_requestid=125871

i got these, just a squid too! and their quite big and lot great in the flesh

hth

• DebbieD
    DebbieD ·
    • Hide content

Thanks, but I need a variety of different shapes and sizes and the scoops to go with them!

• S
    Beginner January 2009
    sarahv75 ·
    • Hide content

I don't know about hiring them but we bought our scoops and tongs from amazon - 5 of each for about £18 i think it was! We're using the plastic jars and tubs the sweets came in for ours.

• flutterbye
    Beginner
    flutterbye ·
    • Hide content

Try these two (there's a blog post on the first about candy buffets and the writer is very friendly, and the second hires out stuff)

http://50s-style-wedding.blogspot.com/

http://www.elegantlyfunky.co.uk/

• Mrs S*
    Beginner January 2010
    Mrs S* ·
    • Hide content

I'm sure ikea does a lot of different sized jars. Scoops are cheap to pick up on ebay. I think it would work out cheaper.

• Cookie Galore
    Beginner November 2009
    Cookie Galore ·
    • Hide content

Try the local florists for vases (if the one doing the wedding flowers is up for it so much the better). We hired all the vases for our sweetie table from our florist for £10!

• DebbieD
    DebbieD ·
    • Hide content

Thanks ladies - will try all those ideas! Already ordered the scoops from Amazon so thanks Sarahv75! (I would never have thought of looking on Amazon for sweet scoops!!)

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics