Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Charlotte
Dedicated July 2022 Durham

Can't please everyone

Charlotte, 31 of May of 2021 at 00:51 Posted on Planning 1 11
Hello, so some of you have been or are in a similar situation, because I don't know what to do. I work with my fiancé's half sister, however they don't speak due to something that happened a few years ago. How do I go about inviting work colleagues to my night time do without hurting her feelings, evening though my partner seems to think she won't be bothered if we invited her to the reception or not. #concerned bride. I understand you can't please everyone. Any people in similar situations? Any advice?

11 replies

Latest activity by Michelle, 2 of June of 2021 at 14:18
  • Kayleigh
    Rockstar October 2023 Bristol
    Kayleigh ·
    • Hide content
    Is he dead set against inviting her? If he isn't bothered either way perhaps invite her and if she doesn't come she doesn't come? X
  • Charlotte
    Charlotte ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yeah. Doesn't want her there. X
  • Kayleigh
    Rockstar October 2023 Bristol
    Kayleigh ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I guess the only way to do it is be honest, there's not going to be any other way around it. You might find she's fine with the idea if they don't even speak to each other x
  • Charlotte
    Charlotte ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yeah thanks x
  • Voiceoftruth
    Dedicated October 2021 Oxfordshire
    Voiceoftruth ·
    • Hide content

I’ve only invited certain work colleagues and not others - I asked them to be discreet about discussing it with others, as we can’t invite everyone (and don’t particularly want to...). Is it something you could do, ask others not to discuss it while uninvited staff members are around?

• Charlotte
    Charlotte ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I think so.eone would mention it. Either on purpose or accidentally. But it's something I could think about. Thank you for the tip x
  • Voiceoftruth
    Dedicated October 2021 Oxfordshire
    Voiceoftruth ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Maybe set up a WhatsApp group? Then they have somewhere to discuss that is private and safe?

I’m a little worried that someone will let slip at work (think one of them almost gave the game away last week!) but I’m luckily not in a situation like yours - if someone asks, I can blame my fiancé for who isn’t invited - in a nice way.

Do you get on with her?

• Charlotte
    Charlotte ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    She's OK at work with sly comments with little digs at my fiancé and his family. I let it slide because its at work and I wasn't around when everything went the way it did. So my other half says to ignore the comments. I've heard she can cause alot of problems when she has a drink. And I don't want it to upset any of the in laws, especially not my fiancé. I might just invite a small few from work.
  • Michelle
    VIP July 2024 Cheshire
    Michelle ·
    • Hide content
    Hi charlotte i am not in the position you are but understand how you feel my sister was in same pisition when she got married she just had to tell her in the end its hard when family members dont talk.My parents have already said that they wont talk to me if we get married with out them but its what i want so we are doing it its there choice x good luck
  • Charlotte
    Charlotte ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks Michelle. That makes me feel a bit more comfortable. All the best with your big day xxx
  • Michelle
    VIP July 2024 Cheshire
    Michelle ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Same to you do whats best for you and your fiancee thats what im doing x all the best x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics