Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Doughnut
Beginner June 2008

Celeb weights - do you compare yourself?

Doughnut, 9 of June of 2009 at 19:00 Posted on Beauty & Wellbeing 0 10

Do you ever see these and compare yourself? I do; I can't help it.

The latest example is Chantelle from Big Brother who is 9st7 and 5ft 7:

She looks great, don't get me wrong, and I feel a bit mean posting this as I'm not sure I'm getting my point across very well. I'm 5ft6 and about the same weight, but I think I look quite a bit smaller than her. Unfortunately this is the only full-ish length shot of myself I can find, sorry ?

I guess weight isn't the be-all and end-all of size. Or maybe I just think I look thinner than I am ?

10 replies

Latest activity by R-A, 12 of June of 2009 at 11:02
  • SophieM
    SophieM ·
    • Hide content

Goodness, she doesn't look good, does she? She looks like she's had a boob job and put on a ton of weight very quickly - you can tell there's no muscle tone there at all, she's been airbrushed to bits.

Anyway, to answer your question ? Yes I do, usually to my detriment. But at 5'8 and 10 stone I reckon I too look better thasn she does ?

• J
    Beginner January 2008
    JenB ·
    • Hide content

Not with celebs because I have no idea how much they weigh or whether what is printed is accurate. But I do look at people on the ww site and in ther rmagazine who are the same height and weight as me and how they look varies hugely. Also, someone might be in a size 8/10 at the same height and weight as me, but others could be in a size 12, sometimes 14. So it just goes to show that everyone looks different and carries their weight differently. It's no use comparing really, but we all do it I guess.

• vicbic
    Beginner September 2003
    vicbic ·
    • Hide content

Fark me. Do you really think she looks bad? I think the looks fantastic. Compared to me anyway.

• Doughnut
    Beginner June 2008
    Doughnut ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

No. I said nothing of the sort. I said I compared myself to celebs of similar weight and height, of which she is one who has been in the news recently.

• SophieM
    SophieM ·
    • Hide content

I said she looks bad ?

Considering how much help she's had, from surgery to airbrushing, I just think she looks top-heavy and out of shape.

• Doughnut
    Beginner June 2008
    Doughnut ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I don't think she looks bad... I wouldn't want to look like that, although in my pic above I'm wearing an Atlantic water-filled bra and not filling a size 10 shirt, so there is little danger of this happening ?

Even when I was 10st7, I still think she looks bigger. I always do a lot of exercise though, even if I'm eating too much and put on weight. Maybe that's it.

• Gryfon
    Gryfon ·
    • Hide content

She looks like I did when I was about 11 stone, although I was more in proportion with my boobs ? And I'm about 5' 8". Looks like she'll topple over!

• Stazzle
    Stazzle ·
    • Hide content

I do compare myself to celebs, but it's always me on the negative side of the comparison ??

Regarding the OP, I can see what you mean about her looking a tiny bit out of shape but she's not overweight or anything, and looks 100 times better than me! I would still love to look like that rather than the way I do now.

• Zooropa
    Super October 2007
    Zooropa ·
    • Hide content

I don't think she looks that bad and I always find I look thinner if I'm clothed rather than just in my undies.

• R-A
    Beginner July 2008
    R-A ·
    • Hide content

I have no idea what any slebs weigh, so nope. But I do do that with the WW magazine/online 'models'...

It's true what someone said above that it's really interesting to see how differently people 'carry' their weight.

I think/hope/delude myself that I look thinner than you would guess just from my weight/height, as I'm an hourglass and carry the weight on my boobs and hips not my stomach.

Oh, and I'm definitely one who looks thinner with clothes on ?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics