Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Tracey86
Beginner October 2012

Centrepieces *Flash*

Tracey86, 25 April, 2011 at 14:16 Posted on Planning 0 13

Hi everyone

It's ages till we get married but we have been picking bits and bobs up since we got engaged last March as we are on quite a tight budget so trying to spread the costs of things so we don't notice the expense IYKWIM. Anyway, last week my Mum brought us a pack of those water bead things that you add water to and they swell up to see how they work so yesterday H2B and I made them up so we could see how they look and how many you get out of one packet.

I decided that seeing as we'd made them, I might as well give making a centrepiece up a go so I raided the wedding spare room and brought some of the bits we have brought down and came up with this, what do you think? Our colour scheme is Purple with accents of lime green.

Honest opinions/suggestions for improvements will be very much appreciated.

Also, please excuse the mess in the background- theres packaging and wedding "stuff" everywhere from the spare room!

xx

13 replies

Latest activity by Sawah, 25 April, 2011 at 19:08
  • vintageangel
    Beginner October 2011
    vintageangel ·
    • Hide content

I think they look lovely, well done! love the colours x

• LoveSka
    Beginner October 2011
    LoveSka ·
    • Hide content

I agree, , , , LOVELY

xx

• Z
    Beginner August 2011
    Zobo:) ·
    • Hide content

Looking good! I love those colours together.

• Sherrie H
    Beginner
    Sherrie H ·
    • Hide content

They look lovely, well done!

I would leave them just as they are, they look perfect & less is more. If anything I would just add the gel beads to the top of the vase to hide the stems of the flowers.

• Tracey86
    Beginner October 2012
    Tracey86 ·
    • Hide content

Thank you everybody! I'm feeling really pleased with myself now- lol!

Do you think I should put some scatter crystals on the table around the tealights? If so, any suggestions on colour?

x

• Sherrie H
    Beginner
    Sherrie H ·
    • Hide content

Clear crystals will look better & pick up the light, coloured crystals can look too busy.

• Tracey86
    Beginner October 2012
    Tracey86 ·
    • Hide content

Thank you Sherrie, I'll get a bag of clear ones then and have a go with them- plenty of time yet, I just wanted to play today. I'm feeling very weddingy at the moment!

Thanks again everyone Smiley smile

• Random Name
    Random Name ·
    • Hide content

They look lovely. Are those real flowers? We get married June 2012 and I'm about to order some stuff to play around with centerpieces too

• Tracey86
    Beginner October 2012
    Tracey86 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

They're artificial flowers lil miss red, we bought them from dunn elm in the sale after Christmas. They only cost about £12 for enough orchids, gerberas and baby's breath (I think thats what its called) to make 7 centrepieces. The bear grass was from ebay.

HTH

x

• overtherainbow
    overtherainbow ·
    • Hide content

You've done really well putting the design together and I love the purple and the lime green too. From both a personal and a florists' point of view, I think they would look more elegant without the gypsophila (baby's breath) as orchids are a bit like calla lilies in that they are considered the 'aristocracy' of the floral world whereas gyp is more ' the girl next door' Gyp is more cheerful, fluffy, country style range of flowers so it sort of lessens the look of the orchids. There are no hard and fast rules when it comes to floristry but some flowers go better together than others. What matters most is that you both like it and that's what counts.

• T
    Beginner July 2013
    Tracyxx ·
    • Hide content

Love them where did you get the tall vases from? x

• Tracey86
    Beginner October 2012
    Tracey86 ·
    • Hide content

Thank you Rainbow Florist, I'm really pleased, as I haven't got a clue about flowers at all, didn't even know what an orchid was until we started planning the wedding. I see what you are saying about the baby's breath but when we tried without it, the orchid and gerbera didn't sit right, the baby's breath is sort of holding them in place if you know what I mean? It also looked a little bare and empty from the side views (where there isn't a purple flower) and its going to be a round table so don't want some people having a bare side to look at. Am I thinking into this too much?!

I'm so bloomin anal about everything! lol

Tracyxx- the vases were from good old Ebay, we got a real bargain there; 7 for £20 from a couple who were selling them on just after their own wedding, they only lived about 5 miles away too- we were really lucky with them but if you keep an eye out on there, you may be able to pick up a good bargain local to you!

x

• L
    Beginner August 2012
    Lillibet ·
    • Hide content

They look absolutely gorgeous! Love the purple and green together.

• S
    Beginner September 2011
    Sawah ·
    • Hide content

They look really nice when i first heard the colours i will admit i thought lime green =/ but they are beautiful x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics