Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Michelle
VIP July 2024 Cheshire

Changing daughters surname to her dads

Michelle, 28 of June of 2022 at 18:13 Posted on Etiquette and Advice 0 2
Need help been with my h2b for 20years and had our daughter who is now 19 she has my surname now didnt put h2bs surname because we had only just got together people can judge me for this but i now want to change it to h2bs surnamevwhich will be mine when we get married well what i was wandering is will it change by law because we are now married or will i have to change it myself hope someone understamds what i mean help needed x

2 replies

Latest activity by Michelle, 28 of June of 2022 at 19:24
  • L
    Rockstar July 2023 Greater Manchester
    Lisa ·
    • Hide content
    Your daughter will need to change it by deed poll, and as she’s over 16 it would need to be her decision to do it & she would sign the paperwork herself (if I remember correctly she’ll also need a witness who isn’t a family member). This website has all the info, and she can apply for all the paperwork through there too: https://www.deedpoll.org.uk/

The process was very simple, when I changed mine at a similar age. It was changing it with school, doctors and all the other bodies that was more of an issue as they all wanted to know why.

Best of luck!
  • Michelle
    VIP July 2024 Cheshire
    Michelle ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Someone who gets what i mean thankyou so much for taking the time to message back i will get her own to do this thankyou x💗

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics