Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

W
Beginner July 2012

Chase those who don't rsvp?

Wherts2b, 27 of April of 2012 at 10:47 Posted on Planning 0 21

Our RSVP date for evening is 1st May and there's still over 30 that haven't got back to us! Alot are OH's mates from football who he will see the weekend and ask, but would you get in touch with people other people after date passed to ask or just assume they're not coming? I don't wanna make people feel awkward but I do think it is rude not at least making an excuse if they don't want to come!

21 replies

Latest activity by Country Flower, 27 of April of 2012 at 14:04
  • vicster
    Beginner December 2011
    vicster ·
    • Hide content

Get in touch! not rsvp'ing by the date does not mean they are not coming. it probably means they put the invite somewhere and didn't remember the date. give them a few days and then phone around.

• M
    Beginner
    MAG2FMC ·
    • Hide content

I would give everyone 1 week after your RSVP date and then chase them. I wouldn't assume anything. People forget to RSVP, or get this -- I've actually had someone tell me that they didn't think RSVPs were mandatory! I don't think by giving someone a call or sending them an email, you'll make them feel awkward. You can just say, "Hi. We haven't yet received your RSVP for the wedding. Do you happen to know whether you'll be able to celebrate with us? We'd love to have you there, but of course would understand if you schedule doesn't permit you to attend. If you can't make it we'll have to celebrate together some other time."

• Mrs Mack
    Beginner May 2012
    Mrs Mack ·
    • Hide content

Is there anything ruder than not sending back an RSVP when you know people are waiting to confirm numbers n stuff?! It's driving me crazy. We have chased ours up, my grandad phoned a great aunt who was invited and she said no I can't come I have no money, and he was like ..... did you not think to tell them that?! We still have one woman outstanding, can't get a hold of her on the phone but she is OH's godmother so we really need to hold off as long as possible, its so flaming annoying, I RSVP as soon as I get an invitation usually!!! haha rant over x

• pandorasbox
    Beginner August 2012
    pandorasbox ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I would love to just assume they mean NO! But I think it is nice to at least send a message or give a quick call to give them a prod...it's annoying that you have to prod people anyway with everything else to do but that seems to be the way it is from a lot of what people here say. I will be getting mum and OH on prodding duties, I have done everything else!

• *JLS*
    Beginner July 2012
    *JLS* ·
    • Hide content

I will need to start doing this soon, I know that most people are coming as they have booked into my recommended hotel, but they haven't got back to me with their menu choices yet!

• venart
    Beginner June 2013
    venart ·
    • Hide content

Of course you chase them!! Even if they're not coming they need to RSVP, so you can give proper final numbers to the venue. If you assume they're not and give the venue one number and then extras show up on the day or say they're coming last minute, it will be a nightmare!!

Lots of people leave it to the very last minute to respond *cough*men*cough*, so I would wait until a couple days after the RSVP date, then send out a quick email to those who haven't yet responded. This is exactly why I'm making my RSVP date 2 months before the wedding. My venue doesn't need final numbers until 3 weeks before, but I know there will be plenty of late RSVPs.

• W
    Beginner July 2012
    Wherts2b ·
    • Hide content

Lol prodding it is! It is really rude though, I suppose my views may have changed since organising my own wedding but I would feel honoured to be invited to someone's wedding and to not even have the decency to let them know. I always reply as soon as I receive it. My wedding has been booked nearly 2 years but one friend has recently booked hers for the month after, when i prompted her the other day to see if she was coming, she said she will have to check her own wedding planning schedule before she lets me know lol. Nice!

• W
    Beginner July 2012
    Wherts2b ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Tbh this is what we did, we don't need to confirm with venue until end of May but I want it to be antoher thing I can tick off the list and not have to worry about. Plus it will affect which buffet option we go for depending on numbers and costs so want to nip it in the bud soon.

• X
    Xanthe1212 ·
    • Hide content

Life is not the word, the sharp eyes visible wonderful expressions; Book is the word of life, rich feelings in people deeply understood.

• B
    Beginner May 2012
    bethbailey2b ·
    • Hide content

I put the feelers out the week before, just to chivvy along a bit..

or tell a white lie - call/email/text saying we know a few rsvps have been lost in the post, so just wanted to make sure that hasnt happened to yours?

then when rsvp dats comes, CHASE!!!

• X
    Xanthe1212 ·
    • Hide content

Life is not the word, the sharp eyes visible wonderful expressions; Book is the word of life, rich feelings in people deeply understood.

• Pompey
    Beginner June 2012
    Pompey ·
    • Hide content

I had to chase people until I was blue in the face, on was OH's Dad! Chase people as much as you can - they should feel bad for not letting you know!

• F
    Beginner June 2012
    Future Mrs Chuckles ·
    • Hide content

Our day guests have until Monday and then it's chase chase CHASE! To be fair, most the guests who haven't replied are OH's family in Cyprus - most guests now have.

I won't accept a verbal RSVP from anyone - nothing gets amended on our speadsheet until I have a physicaly RSVP in front of me! (Oh, how i'm going to miss spreadsheets... not)! You have to cover yourself with something as big as this.

Also - where did all the SPAM CRAP come from??

x

• M
    Beginner
    MAG2FMC ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I am right there with you! I don't understand the number of people who say "Yes, we're definitely coming! Do you I have to now RSVP?" Yes! I don't know what you food choices are, the name of your SO, and I won't remember. How hard is it really, whether it's putting a card in the post (usually pre-stamped!) or doing it electronically (as ours is set up)?

• F
    Beginner June 2012
    Future Mrs Chuckles ·
    • Hide content

I know, right!!!!

We didn't provide stamps because quite frankly, it's a cost we couldn't afford. But a high percentage of guests have happily RSVP'ed via post. This is also why we offered electronic RSVP!

For example - i'm having an email chat with a guest talking about the wedding etc. She says 'Oh if there's anything you need me to do let me know' I'm like ' Yeah - while we're speaking over EMAIL, how about you EMAIL over your RSVP'?!!!

Smiley smile

• venart
    Beginner June 2013
    venart ·
    • Hide content

Yes! Electronic is the way to go! I know plenty of people who can't be bothered to post a letter, but it's so easy to go online and click a couple buttons on the wedding website to respond! It also ensures they actually go see the website, which I've lovingly set up, and has all the necessary info needed.

• W
    Beginner July 2012
    Wherts2b ·
    • Hide content

We tried to make it even easier by just putting our mobile numbers in card and asking them to rsvp by phone or text so there's really no excuse! grrr

• F
    Beginner June 2012
    Future Mrs Chuckles ·
    • Hide content

I love the website idea! I have a friend who has done that, it's so much fun and completely different.

BTW, how do I quote other hitchers in my posts? I know not how to do this Smiley sad

x

• venart
    Beginner June 2013
    venart ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

You have to click the normal reply button, instead of the quick reply, and you have to reply to the message you want to quote. Then, it should display that message above where you enter yours. There's a quote button there; if you click it, it will quote the whole message, but you can also highlight and quote only specific bits.

• pandorasbox
    Beginner August 2012
    pandorasbox ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I really didn't want to accept verbal RSVPs, but seems I'm going to have to. OHs sister came round to discuss their crazy mum and she was on about where she and the other sister and nephew will sit at the wedding breakfast...but neither of the sisters, or OHs dad, and in fact none of OHs family have bothered to RSVP as yet. They have another 3 weeks and then I will expect proper replies. I like to have it written down so I can see how everyone spells their names, and you also have an actual copy of exactly how many numbers you will have. I can understand my mum and his dad not replying, but I really think all other family members need to.

• C
    Beginner June 2012
    Country Flower ·
    • Hide content

Most of RSVPs came back in the pre paid envelope within a couple of weeks but there were about 8 I had to chase constantly - mostly single blokes - Sorry guys! I had the option of online RSVP and then had tp phone a couple - they are all coming so I'm glad I chased them. There were also a few people who didn't put thier names on the RSVP so that was fun to figure out!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics