Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

pandorasbox
Beginner August 2012

Cheapest photo booth hire?

pandorasbox, 25 of June of 2012 at 19:04 Posted on Planning 0 12

Exactly as the title says, we fancy one but can't be faffed doing our own, but don't have any budget left. What the cheapest quote anyone has had for North West/Cheshire areas?

12 replies

Latest activity by LuxuriousOrangeCakes380, 19 of January of 2016 at 12:09
  • Mrs*W*2B
    Beginner August 2014
    Mrs*W*2B ·
    • Hide content

Most of the 'proper' booths that print out the pics for the guests etc and have someone running it have been around £400ish! how about asking your Tog if there is anyway they can set one up? x

• Pinky6
    Beginner June 2012
    Pinky6 ·
    • Hide content

Ours was £400 for 4 hours and that was the cheapest I found. Was worth every penny though

• pandorasbox
    Beginner August 2012
    pandorasbox ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks that's not bad. Cheapest I have so far is over £500 for 3 hours, plus set up and dismantle fees.

Could you let me know which company you used pinky please? I am JM on the fb 2012 group, or PM me here if you don't want to post here! Thanks.

• HLT
    Beginner August 2012
    HLT ·
    • Hide content

That's a shame. I was hoping they might be cheaper too!

• Mrs*W*2B
    Beginner August 2014
    Mrs*W*2B ·
    • Hide content

Ok dug out a leaflet from a wedding fayre we went to and i cant remember the exact price but im sure this company were cheaper than £400...

www.eventportraits.co.uk

their website gives NOTHING away so i wouldn't even bother looking at that but maybe ring them and ask as i'm sure they were cheaper!

this one is more 'video and photo' but i remember them being reasonable as well so may be worth emailing them for a quote...

http://www.imagepods.com/

x

• NeonEvents
    NeonEvents ·
    • Hide content

We are around the £450 mark for our photo booth including delivery/dismantling etc to North West / Cheshire but your getting the best in the industry. There are plenty of budget booths available out there but like everything, you get what you pay for. Print quality, mass produced aluminium frames, webcams instead of dslr cameras, long print times, cheap props, cheap albums/guestbook etc are just some of the cons with going cheap. See http://www.events-hire.co.uk/ for more details.

Joanne

• M
    Beginner July 2015
    MrsB2015 ·
    • Hide content

Were using the amazing hire group but there based in Leeds. We got a package deal for photobooth for 4 hours, chocolate fountain for 120 for 4 hours close up mind magician for 2 hours, and a wishing well for £1000. Including all set up dismantle and people working on the booth and fountain.

Look on gumtree they have loads on offer on there.

Xx

• A
    Beginner February 2015
    auntiejo1 ·
    • Hide content

Check out ebay - I had a look but there wasn't anyone near me as they charged mileage

xx

• donnyette
    Beginner December 2016
    donnyette ·
    • Hide content

I know wowcher have regular offers for photobooths on their site. Usually for 250-269.

Worth a try x

• B
    Bruce Neville Photography ·
    • Hide content

As always wowcher,groupon and ebay are risky, we have all seen the posts on here where a company have let the couple down, you might be lucky . Make sure you do your research.

• NeonEvents
    NeonEvents ·
    • Hide content

If a company is willing to drop their price by 50%, ask yourself why? Maybe nobody is booking.

We get asked daily to match other companies silly prices. If a company charges "£250-£269", their is literally NO profit at all after media/ink, album, usb stick, wages, depreciation, fuel. Not to mention all the other overheads, vehicle insurance, public/employee liability insurance, phone line, card processing equipment, marketing, internet, website upkeep and so on.

• S
    Beginner March 2014
    SunnyOrangeDiamonds64 ·
    • Hide content

I had one and its the one thing that I really wish I hadnt bothered with!! Everyone was too busy on the dance floor to bother and the guy didnt seem too bothered about getting people involveed was hugely disappointed and wish I had spent the money on something else or as my youngest daughter said "at least you will know for next time mom"!!!!

• L
    Beginner January 2017
    LuxuriousOrangeCakes380 ·
    • Hide content

We are looking for a photo booth around bristol, but was tempted to make our own....

my fiancee is a bit geek and he thinks he could make one which is quite tempting (hes pretty good at making stuff!)

has anyone made any before, or have any plans/designs for one?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics