Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Zoë
Savvy August 2024 West Sussex

Choosing Honeymoon Destination

Zoë, 14 of May of 2024 at 15:21 Posted on Honeymoons & Getting Married Abroad 0 6
Hello everyone,

I’m 12 weeks away from getting married - exciting ! And very busy lol 😂
DF and I have chosen to have a minimoon this year (due to funding the wedding) and then enjoy a full honeymoon next year. We’re off to York this year as that is where we had our first Holiday together and it’s special to us but we’re struggling to decide where we want to go for our Honeymoon next year.
We’ve contemplated Italy, Greece, Malta, Corsica and most recently Norway but we can’t decide.
How did you all pick your honeymoon destination?
TIA

6 replies

Latest activity by Michelle, 20 of May of 2024 at 10:42
  • Katrina
    Dedicated February 2025 West Midlands
    Katrina ·
    • Hide content

I knew I wanted heat and beaches Smiley smile

So we went with the Caribbean we are going to the DR Dominican Republic.

Think about what sort of holiday do you imagine for both of you?

What things do you want to do? We just want to relax and take in the beautiful scenery.

• Katrina
    Dedicated February 2025 West Midlands
    Katrina ·
    • Hide content

Also I would say go to the travel agents and pick up some brochures that is what we did. Also we did not search for Honeymoon holidays as we noticed soon as we mentioned honeymoon the prices were a lot higher. It is already expensive we are going for 1 week but it will be worth while I am sure!

• Zoë
    Zoë ·
    • Hide content

Thank you Katrina, that is really helpful.

We both agree that we want it to be a trip of a lifetime, somewhere that we are likely to not visit again or at least not for a while - Which led us to Norway - DF wants to see the Northern Lights and we both want to experience Sami Culture, Reindeer Sleigh Rides/Feeding, Dog sledding and igloo hotels. We also have a dream of returning when we have children to share these magical experiences with them, especially when they understand the magic of Christmas.

On the flip side, I would to visit Turtle Cove/Beach in Zante and DF would love to visit Rome. We both love the food and culture of both of these places as well. Whilst we would both like to visit both of these things, we have agreed that perhaps we could visit these places with our future children and make them family experiences. Also August for these places would be absolutely boiling and very packed.

So much to consider - I wish we had endless money and time, to experience everything.

Going to the travel agent is a great idea - thank you.

Yes! We have found that too, as soon as you research/mention Wedding and/or Honeymoon every price is massive.

Your Honeymoon sounds beautiful - It will be worth it. I hope you have a great time.

• E
    Beginner July 2025 West Yorkshire
    Emily ·
    • Hide content
    My fiancé and I have chosen to do a cruise around Italy and Croatia. I'm more for the chill out holidays where as he prefers to go out and see things and so we decided a cruise is the best of both worlds.
    Italy is somewhere we both wanted to see and experience and so we looked for the best itinerary based on that.
    It's certainly not a cheap holiday, but as you say, we wanted it to the trip of a lifetime and we most likely won't ever do something as extravagant as this again! A cruise may be a good option for you if you'd like to see a few different places - there are a lot of cruises that often incorporate Italy and Greece! Hope that helps, and happy Honeymoon planning!
  • Zoë
    Zoë ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks Emily, we hadn’t thought of a cruise but that sounds like something which might work.
  • Michelle
    VIP July 2024 Cheshire
    Michelle ·
    • Hide content
    Cruise sounds good so many destinations to visit while on the cruise x♥️

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics