Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

K
Beginner September 2012

Cocktail making....

kelly1988, 20 May, 2012 at 13:10 Posted on Planning 0 10

Just wondering has anyone done cocktail making before.....I fancy doing it for my hen do but not sure wether to do it during the day or later on, not sure how late they do it....don't wana get too drunk for my night out that i'll be having laster on

10 replies

Latest activity by born2fly, 20 May, 2012 at 21:05
  • xx Mrs Amor to be xx
    Beginner September 2012
    xx Mrs Amor to be xx ·
    • Hide content

Not much help I'm afraid. But I have just booked this for my hen weekend, and booked a class for later in the day at 6.30pm, I didn't want everyone drinking too early and crashing out, I mean we are all 30+ now and can't handle it like we used to LOL.?

• *gnashers*
    Beginner October 2013
    *gnashers* ·
    • Hide content

Where are you going on your hen? I organised my best friend's in cardiff last year, and we went to a restaurant that did cocktail making for an hour and a half, before we sat down for a three course dinnner. It was really good fun and the food soaked up the booze - although the wine with dinner made sure we were all topped up!

• born2fly
    Dedicated January 2012
    born2fly ·
    • Hide content

We did my sisters in revolution in leeds was brilliant fun, but as its a vodka bar everything was vodka based! we had it starting at 5 but wished we had it earlier as the place got packed by the time we finished and we felt like we were been rushed through, it came with a buffet but they brought it out 3/4 of the way through the lesson and we all felt rude eating whilst the boys were still trying to make drinks with us so most of it got left as it was stone cold when we had finished. Even tho the boys who did it was fantastic we felt a little let down almost like we were just part of a factory line, as the manager kept saying they needed to hurry up, we also booked and paid extra for two vodka trains one at the start and one at the finish but they boys didnt get told about this by the management so us bridesmaides had a quick word with them and we got them both at the end, just a little too much bombarding us with all of the half drunk drinks we had made and the 20+ shorts at the end! my sister had a fab time tho!

want to do it for mine but not there...... also would advise you to make sure the people doing the lesson know exactly what you specified in your booking as the lady on the phone said yes to everything we stipulated so they could get the money then on the day didn't do what we asked for......

• K
    Beginner September 2012
    kelly1988 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's where i was thinking of doing mine cos live near leeds but not so sure now , thankyou for the info.

I wonder where else in Leeds does it... don't want to do it in day cos i live about half hour from leeds and where going out in leeds at night

so don't know what to do ?

• DaffyB
    Beginner June 2012
    DaffyB ·
    • Hide content

I had a cocktail masterclass at vodka revolution in Ipswich for my hen last weekend. It was amazing. There were 16 of us. We went to a restaurant for a meal at 5 and then on to revolution at 7. It was done in a separate room to where the rest of the public are, so no problems with it getting busy. We had 2 guys showing us how to make the cocktails and then doing some really fun games like making cocktails while blindfolded etc. I'm not sure how long it went on for, I think possibly 2 hrs. Everyone had a great time and several people said that it was the best hen do they've ever been to. It was really good value for money too. I must have drunk about 4 cocktails plus at least 3 shots and it only cost £25 each. And we all got a certificate at the end.

• Pinky6
    Beginner June 2012
    Pinky6 ·
    • Hide content

We did it at manchester rev's and it was brill. We had ours at 6 o clock and it last about an hour and a half then we got a food platter afterwards which was good timing as it was about 8.30 by the time we were finished so stayed in there for a bit then headed on elsewhere.

• V
    Beginner April 2013
    Vintage84 ·
    • Hide content

Just come back from a hen weekend in London & we did a cocktail making lesson in Revolution. It was great fun, we got to try lots of drinks & it got us all a little fuzzy & ready to go out later!!xx

• R
    Beginner
    Redroses ·
    • Hide content

We were thinking of doing this saw an offer at hard rock cafe

• born2fly
    Dedicated January 2012
    born2fly ·
    • Hide content

One of the other problems was that we weren't in a seperate room we were down stairs by the front door and everyone kept asking for drinks and the boys had to keep telling them to go upstairs, the cocktail making its self was brilliant really good fun and i cant sing the boys praises enough, it was just badly organized on there end. as we were the last one of the day we felt like we were pressured into hurrying up.

Try Harrogate? or mojo in Leeds, I would say definitely go to one, just think twice about revolution in leeds.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics