Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Flowmojo
Beginner

Coffee machines

Flowmojo, 9 of October of 2012 at 14:20 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 20

So as of Saturday (yes, we are talking 4 days) Mr F has taken to drinking coffee and has requested a coffee machine for his birthday, specifically one that makes cappuccinos..yes im rolling my eyes at the ridiculousness of this after 4 days too.

Not a filter machine,one of those one cup jobbies, tassimo came to mind, you chuck little pod things in and voila.

I do not drink coffee or know anything about it, does anyone have one fo these bad boy machines and have reccomendations!?

20 replies

Latest activity by Ryan, 7 of February of 2024 at 11:14
  • Knees
    VIP August 2012
    Knees ·
    • Hide content

We have a Dolce Gusto which is quite good. Definitely nowhere near the quality of a proper latte or cappuccino from a coffee shop but good enough. Since we've been on Slimming World, I've only tended to get the skinny lattes, but you can get all sorts of different pods including chai tea latte which is very nice.

I had a Tassimo in a hotel in Sydney which was also lovely, but I only tried the normal black coffee so can't comment on the fancy ones.

• *JLS*
    Beginner July 2012
    *JLS* ·
    • Hide content

We have a senseo machine at home and like it, but you are limited to the amount of different flavours you can get. My friends got a nespresso machine which came with a milk frother so you can have proper latte's or cappuccinos - they love it and if we didn't already have our machine I would have gone for the Nespresso.

• cinnamonfairy
    Rockstar June 2020
    cinnamonfairy ·
    • Hide content

We've got a Nespresso at work with the milk frother, and it's great! I'm not a big coffee drinker, but do like a cappuccino from time to time and I find one capsule, a little top up of water to fill just half way and then the milk is fab!

There are a whole range of capsules - though I mainly stick with the light green ones.

• Sparkly Tyke
    Beginner March 2011
    Sparkly Tyke ·
    • Hide content

We've got a Delonghi Icona machine which can be used with pods or ground coffee, so it's basically a mini version of what they have in coffee shops.

• venart
    Beginner June 2013
    venart ·
    • Hide content

Nespresso! I have this one: https://www.johnlewis.com/nespresso-piyie-automatic-coffee-machine-and-aeroccino-by-krups-titanium/p231204767

It's brilliant. Love it. I also bought the welcome pack of 250 pods. The pods can be expensive unless you buy them in bulk, and I've recently found nespresso compatible pods sold at waitrose!

• *JLS*
    Beginner July 2012
    *JLS* ·
    • Hide content

Http://www.comet.co.uk/p/Coffee-Makers/buy-MAGIMIX-11300-Coffee-Maker/525391

This looks like the machine that my friends have - https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/krups-essenza-xn2003ap-espresso-machine-black-10016190-pdt.html

• *Ducky*
    Beginner July 2012
    *Ducky* ·
    • Hide content

I don't drink coffee, but Mr Ducky is very happy with his Dolce Gusto and his cappucinos.

My only contribution to the convo, is that I couldn't be doing with one where fresh milk went through the insides. You'd need to clean it thouroghly each and everytime to prevent the milk going cheesy, which it would do quickly next to a snuggly warm heater in the coffee machine. The Dolce Gusto ones are cracking in this sense as the water only goes through the (throw away) coffe pod and into the cup. The milk pods are the same. This means it requires minimal cleaning, which keeps me happy.

Other than that, I have no idea about coffee.

• cinnamonfairy
    Rockstar June 2020
    cinnamonfairy ·
    • Hide content

WDuckyS. The Nespresso machine we have at work (just googled, and apparently it's one designed for businesses, so not much help there) has one machine for coffee, and an entirely separate machine for the milk. The milk is heated and frothed with boiling water - the two are mixed in a disposable nozzles which are replaced daily. Not sure if there is an at home version of this though.

Definitely worth considering how much of an effort it is to clean before buying!

• *Mini*
    Beginner January 2012
    *Mini* ·
    • Hide content

We have this one;

you can make lots of different types of coffee and the pods are relatively cheap. Come sin other colours too although I think there is a newer model out than this now. Cost about £90 I think a few years back.

• LoveSka
    Beginner October 2011
    LoveSka ·
    • Hide content

Tassimo is £70 in Asda.,. Anyone got feedback on these ??

• *Funky*
    Beginner January 2001
    *Funky* ·
    • Hide content

As a non coffee drinker id get one that also makes a pukka hot chocolate ?

• Mrs Whippy
    Beginner September 2012
    Mrs Whippy ·
    • Hide content

Mr B's got a Dulce Gusto and he loves it. I hate coffee, but the chocochinos are amezzing! (frothy hot chocolate) Good tip - he has caramel latte pods, but the caramel's in the milk pod, so swap the milk that comes with the chocolate one, and have a caramel hot chocolate. Sickly sweet and gooood!

• Flowmojo
    Beginner
    Flowmojo ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

this is the one he wants!!

• Simon and Alison
    Beginner
    Simon and Alison ·
    • Hide content

I got one of these last week and it's amazing - /16537/aerolatte-compact-electric-milk-heater-and-frother

We have a coffee machine which makes good espressos, but the milk frother wasn't great. Absolutely works a treat, and the frothy milk is great mixed in with hot chocolate etc too. Also very easy to clean ?

• R
    Beginner April 2013
    robinsr ·
    • Hide content

We have a Tassimo machine at home and it's pretty good. Not too much effort to clean and there are quite a lot of pods to choose from - the caramel latte is yummy!

The pods can be quite expensive but we order them in bulk from the Tassimo website and they last ages. When you register your machine with them they also give you £15 cash back to spend on the website and every now and again we get freebies in the post.

• Tray1980
    Beginner July 2013
    Tray1980 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yup we have one of those in red. Got it for M for his main Christmas pressie a year or so ago, and it has the milk frother

• Tizzie
    Beginner June 2012
    Tizzie ·
    • Hide content

My brother got a nespresso (pixie i think) for his 18th. I got the separate milk frother and it's fab for making hot chocolate too! Mum got it when she worked at lakeland too so 20% discount too!!

• Andrew
    Beginner January 1992 Staffordshire
    Andrew ·
    • Hide content

Very interested

• S
    Beginner August 2024 East London
    Sandy ·
    • Hide content

One of my favorite coffee machines is Lavazza Jolie, it makes amazing coffee

• R
    Illinois
    Ryan ·
    • Hide content

Have you ever experienced the heartache of having your hard-earned Bitcoins stolen? It's a humiliating ordeal that leaves victims feeling defenseless and helpless. But don't panic; with the help of [hackrecovery AT yandex DOT ru], I was able to retrieve my stolen $300,000 worth of Bitcoin. Contact Hack Recovery to assure the best possible recovery of your lost funds if you have a similar issue.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics