Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

laineywhu
Beginner July 2010

Confetti

laineywhu, 5 of July of 2010 at 21:55 Posted on Planning 0 9

Is anyone else not having confetti at their weddings? basically we can have confetti at the registry office but we decided against it, basically the way i see it is im gonna spend all day trying to get ready and look my best, I dont really want people throwing anything at me, I know that might sound silly to some people, I just dont fancy having to pull it out of my hair and out of my dress. So on the invites i put on them strictly no confetti, only to be just told that OH's family want to bring some as they think im being silly, well maybe I am, but I just don't want it! Any suggestions how to handle this one?

9 replies

Latest activity by Becky, 1 of May of 2022 at 14:52
  • videogal
    videogal ·
    • Hide content

Hi Lainey just a thought how about rose petals instead less messy and more expensive for people to buy - suggest that to your OH's family that if they insist on throwing some form of confetti shower it has to be petals and not the paper stuff! xx

• laineywhu
    Beginner July 2010
    laineywhu ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for your suggestion but I dont want any confetti at all, i already stated on the invite no confetti but they are trying to do it anyway, im trying to think of a way to get through to them to stop them! Part of me just feels like I should let them have there way and spare me the arguements but I really dont want any

• T
    Beginner
    Teal ·
    • Hide content

Hand out bubble blowers instead! As long as they dont get too close to the dress.

My friend had petals thrown at her, & most of her photos have bits of red rose stuck in her hair, in the bow across her dress & 1 looks like her nipple is coming out the top of her strapless dress! They really look dreadful. This was before we could pick it all off & have photos done again. I wont be having any either.

• laineywhu
    Beginner July 2010
    laineywhu ·
    • Hide content

Bubble blowers, yes thats it, that will go with my wedding theme (west ham!) thanks Teal!

• debmci
    debmci ·
    • Hide content

Tell them it was on the invite for a reason! I know some venues are very strict on it and dont allow it. Dont let on that its not the venue tho! Im quite happy for confetti at mine but I do know people who have had bubbles instead...if you wanted to compromise a bit with them!

• sidsidney
    Beginner
    sidsidney ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thats well clever!

Why not tell a little white lie and say the venue doesnt allow confetti.....!??

• Cookie Galore
    Beginner November 2009
    Cookie Galore ·
    • Hide content

I agree, tell them it's the venue's rules - there are loads of venues won't allow it now because of the clean up afterwards. You could maybe even have a word with the co-ordinator at the venue and ask them to play along with it on the day. Alternatively, have a bit of a bridezilla on them and say anyone throwing anything at the bride and groom on the day will be asked to leave - family or not! Where does your OH stand on this?

• grace85
    Beginner February 2011
    grace85 ·
    • Hide content

I know what you mean about confetti, i REALLY don;t want it at mine, for the exact same reasons as you, why spend all that time getting ready to have someone throw paper at you 20 minutes later.

I'm going to put on my invites that the venue doesn't allow confetti to try and encourage people not to bring it.

Stick to your guns hun and make your OH tell his family NO confetti.

xx

• B
    Savvy April 2023 West Yorkshire
    Becky ·
    • Hide content
    Bubbles! We have a historic building that doesn't allow confetti so we are getting bubbles. We are buying maybe 4/5 of the electronic blowers for certain people to make a big cloud of them then cheap little pots of bubbles for the guests. Should make for some good pictures especially of people's faces! Much more eco friendly too 😊

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics