Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Mrs P 2 B
Beginner January 2012

contract with your venue

Mrs P 2 B, 17 May, 2011 at 09:13 Posted on Planning 0 11

Morning all. This may sound like a silly question but did you have a contract with your venue before putting your deposit down and if so what exactly is included??

Our venue has asked us to call and put the deposit down but without a contract I’m unsure. I’m not really sure what should be included… I guess the cost of the package i.e. food and drink then venue costs but do you include other things such as finish times, special requirements and that’s about all I can think off.. pls help! x

11 replies

Latest activity by LeeLee :), 17 May, 2011 at 14:00
  • Flowmojo
    Beginner
    Flowmojo ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

YES!!!!!!!! definatly!! it includes everything!!!!!!!!!!!!

• ajdown
    VIP September 2011
    ajdown ·
    • Hide content

Seems a bit strange to me.

When we met with them and said yes we definitely wanted a particular date there, they reserved the date for 2 weeks whilst getting the contract together, which they then posted to us to both sign and return with a cheque for £500 as a deposit.

You'll find that 99% of the time they have a standard contract so it's only the unusual things that you need to sort out - and if the venue can't accommodate what you want then it's probably not the right venue in the first place.

• lovelygirl
    Beginner August 2011
    lovelygirl ·
    • Hide content

I would not give them any money with reading through the contract very carefully!

• Storky
    Beginner May 2011
    Storky ·
    • Hide content

I wouldn't have put down a deposit on a 'formal' venue with a contract I was happy with having been signed by both parties.

If I were booking a more low key venue or if it were for an occasion like a birthday party, I might be less fussed but it would depend on how much money I was actually spending.

Have you asked for a contract or their information pack?

• HayleyMay
    Beginner September 2012
    HayleyMay ·
    • Hide content

We had 2 meetings with them while we discussed and priced everything we wanted, then provisionally booked the day for a week while checking for an available registrar. We then paid a deposit, with a contract sent to us within the next few weeks. Don't just hand over money if you haven't discussed every detail of what you will be having, and at what time etc. Our contract had 2 mistakes but was fine after a quick phone call and a new copy.

Make sure you try and get a few freebies too ?

• jojo2
    Beginner June 2012
    jojo2 ·
    • Hide content

Yes we received a contract which I went through with red pen and amended and added anything that was incorrect or unclear. We then returned with it unsigned and waited for the amendments to be made, which we then signed and returned with a cheque.

• ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown
    Beginner January 2012
    ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown ·
    • Hide content

We had a meeting/chat and booked a preminary date. They sent us a contract and requested our deposit to be with them within a fortnight. I wouldn't have handed over any money without something in writing. Have done so for the smaller costs (e.g. DJ) where there is less to organise anyway.

• Random Name
    Random Name ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

WSS

We received the contract with things missing and incorrect. I asked them to amened the information and then we signed it. I also asked for information to be included. I.e she told me verbally that we dont pay for children under 3 and those under 13 are half price. I asked for this to be in the contract. so that should she leave its included. I have also kept all emails from y first enquiry.

I wouldnt pay a depoist on a wedding venue without having a contract and think its very strange that thye have asked for this.

• judeclarke
    Beginner October 2011
    judeclarke ·
    • Hide content

Our venue charges a flat rate 'venue hire' and that includes pretty much everything you ask them for in terms of facilities. They don't charge for linen/napkins etc, but they don't give you a discount if you don't use them. The only thing they don't have included is a cake stand.

All this was explained to us in great detail before we gave the co-ordinator the deposit. We asked for a provisional invoice a few weeks ago which detailed all the food and drink choices - we were happy with that too!

I'd make sure you know exactly what you're getting for your money - there are too many horror stories of 'well thats not included in the price but we can do it for £700' a week before the wedding.

• L
    Beginner April 2012
    LittleMissB ·
    • Hide content

I went to see the venue again after a wedding fayre they held and put together numbers and stuff with the wedding co ordinator.

Decided this was the one we wanted provisionally confirmed date with them, once we had recieved the contract in post which she had signed, went back in same week with the contract signed by myself and partner and with the deposit.

I would be very cautious of a venue asking for a deposit without a signed contract ??

Katrina x x

• Mrs P 2 B
    Beginner January 2012
    Mrs P 2 B ·
    • Hide content

Well All that seems very conclusive ?

I have received a full quote and know what included in the hire such as table linens etc and the cost but this has only be signed by them. Right I'll call.. To be fair to the venue the coordinator was on hols when we emailed to say we wanted to book so think they were just giddy at a booking for a large party.

Thank you all ❤️

• LeeLee :)
    Beginner
    LeeLee :) ·
    • Hide content

We got a contract and as soon as we agreed to it we paid a deposit the rest will be payable near to the wedding date.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics