Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

SillyWrong
Beginner October 2014

Controversial: Running from a monster in your wedding pics

SillyWrong, 20 of January of 2015 at 15:10

Posted on Planning 40

I know this is probably going to offend some people - but i am interested to hear others opinions on the matter, therefore I'm going to run the risk, along with a disclaimer that I'm not trying to offend anyone. I don't get it. Every time I see a wedding photo of the Wedding party running from a...

I know this is probably going to offend some people - but i am interested to hear others opinions on the matter, therefore I'm going to run the risk, along with a disclaimer that I'm not trying to offend anyone.

I don't get it. Every time I see a wedding photo of the Wedding party running from a robot / dinosaur / dragon (etc) i'm puzzled.

Like this:

Of course, each to their own, it's a bit of fun, and whatever floats your boat ... but I just don't get it?

40 replies

• SakuraYuna
    Dedicated November 2016
    SakuraYuna ·
    • Hide content

I'm going to go against the grain and say I like the photoshopped monsters! Ok, I don't think I'd have it for mine. But it's just a bit of fun for one shot? Although I bet it would be very weird to do as hard to picture what it'd eventually look like! It'd be odd if someone wanted lots of the shots instead of just one.

Chris - I hate colour spot. Why do people do this?

• B
    Bruce Neville Photography ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

New photographers suddenly stumble on it and think brilliant and start offering in as a service but there is still a market for it as is any thing you see now?? I am still waiting for some one to ask me to spot colour the confetti shot??

• SakuraYuna
    Dedicated November 2016
    SakuraYuna ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

If there's any shot to spot colour surely it's the confetti one? Although not at all may still be better...

Seen togs with spot colour photos on their websites where it's on the grooms cravat or the champagne in the bride and grooms glasses. Just don't see the point, it looks odd and adds nothing.

• MrsShep
    Beginner September 2014
    MrsShep ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

It really is, how bizarre

• Rhys Parker
    Rhys Parker ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

They look awesome to me. :-)

• E
    Beginner October 2015
    elvira-darkside ·
    • Hide content

I sort of like the zebra one!

im guessing colour spot is when the image is b+w with just one element coloured? saw something like this on a togs portfolio and thought it looked awful. i put it down to the tog just not being great (made me reject them as an option). ive always adored old sepia photo;s though, when the colour was added in ink, but on digital formati think it loses the charm. could be that i have just not seen it done well though.

• Karen84
    Beginner July 2016
    Karen84 ·
    • Hide content

I think the mother-in-law idea is hilarious! Although maybe not one for the album... ?

Wouldn't work for me though, I'm lucky that my MIL2B is a sweetie!

• Calella
    Beginner August 2016
    Calella ·
    • Hide content

I really don't like colour spot either!

I'd be concerned that in my attempt to run in my dress, I'd trip over it and have to spend the rest of my wedding with grass stains and mud all down my front!

Nae chance!

• *J9*
    VIP March 2014
    *J9* ·
    • Hide content

It's not something I would want for myself but I think they're quite fun. The zebra one is bizarre though!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics