Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Jay-Low
Beginner

Cooling Castle Barn, Rochester - Am I too late?

Jay-Low, 12 April, 2010 at 00:30 Posted on Planning 0 13

Hi Guys!

x

13 replies

Latest activity by Jay-Low, 12 April, 2010 at 13:30
  • Stazzle
    Stazzle ·
    • Hide content

Hi VickyJay ?

I'm a Cooling bride, getting married there this July. It is true when people say it gets booked up quickly - it's quite unbelievable, we went to look in May 2008 thinking we were getting in early and couldn't get a Saturday in summer 2010! So we've gone with a Sunday instead just because we loved the venue so much.

I think if you're looking at midweek though you may just be okay, even if it's not quite summer as such but maybe September or something when the weather's still pleasant. The best thing to do though is give them a call and see what the diary's looking like.

Hope that helps a bit - let us know how you get on!

• GeordieBarbie
    Beginner May 2010
    GeordieBarbie ·
    • Hide content

There's only one way to find out - ask! ?

• Jay-Low
    Beginner
    Jay-Low ·
    • Hide content

Hi Stazzle,

Thanks for your

• Jay-Low
    Beginner
    Jay-Low ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Very true GB! Had just got home from work at silly o'clock and having a little irrational panic ?

• GeordieBarbie
    Beginner May 2010
    GeordieBarbie ·
    • Hide content

You never know - there could be cancellations.

• Stazzle
    Stazzle ·
    • Hide content

Are you really? Oooh whereabouts in Dartford? What a coincidence!

Yeah it is reasonable for what it is, we looked at some others locally that were charging a lot more and didn't really have much on Cooling in our eyes. Plus I know for a fact they do offers and deals for midweek weddings as I know someone who got married there midweek last year and a few things were thrown in for them. Definitely give them a call!

• VeeDubLuv
    Beginner November 2012
    VeeDubLuv ·
    • Hide content

I'm a CCB bride to!

I love this place. Not getting hitched until Nov 2012 and the date we wanted has already gone!!!

I took my mum there yesterday so she could have a look and I had a quick peek at their diary and what I can remember there are a few dates still available for mid week next year!

When you go and have a look, ask to look at the accommodation. It really is lovely!

Gosh I just love this place, I got butterfly’s again yesterday.

CCB staff are so lovely to which I think really does help!

Anyway, let us know how it all goes!

Stazzle, how are all the plans coming along?

xxx

• Stazzle
    Stazzle ·
    • Hide content

Hey VeeDub ?

Not too bad thanks! Invites have been sent out recently and we've already received 7 acceptances so it's been nice receiving those and quite fun seeing what everyone's chosen so far for their meals (as sad as that sounds!), OH chose and ordered his suit at the weekend just gone and I've decided on my hair and make up! So it's really all coming together now.

Have a final meeting with the florist at the end of the month to confirm the final order and then it seems to be a lot of little bits really to tie up! Have you planned any more or are you leaving it for a bit?

• Jay-Low
    Beginner
    Jay-Low ·
    • Hide content

Xx

• VeeDubLuv
    Beginner November 2012
    VeeDubLuv ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

WOW! Got a lot done recently then!!!!

I love the fact that CCB allow our guests to have a choice of menu! It really helps!

We are going to leave all the planning until the end of the year, but that wont stop me looking!!!!

• VeeDubLuv
    Beginner November 2012
    VeeDubLuv ·
    • Hide content

When are you going to view?

I wont big CCB up to much as I dont want to ruin it for you!, However, i JUST LOVE IT!!!!

We dont really have a set theme. Our colour will be purple and we have decided on storm latterns for table centres and we are going to name out tables after VeeDubs! OH and myself are huge fans of VeeDubs!

• Stazzle
    Stazzle ·
    • Hide content

Cool VickyJay keep us posted on what you decide! Although I'm sure once you go there you'll fall in love with it, just like me and VeeDubLuv did!

Yeah everyone has complimented us on our choice of menu already and I've heard the food is amazing so that's fab!

As for a theme, I wouldn't say I really have a set one but I do have colours obviously. I liked the idea of a classy, sophisticated white wedding but then also as it's the end of July I thought it would be nice to incorporate some summery touches to the day. So my bridesmaids are wearing a champagne/mocha colour, the flowers are going to be cream and then with lots of different shades of orange, so lots of peaches, apricots and some burnt oranges too.

Then in the main reception room we're touching on the summer theme even more, our centrepieces are going to look a bit like giant cocktails, big martini glasses with lots of bright orange and green foliage, and a really unusual summery top table arrangement too. Other than that there's not really a set theme as such!

• Jay-Low
    Beginner
    Jay-Low ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

LOL I guessed by your user name! We're going to look around this month - sat 24th. It's the only day this whole month that me and OH have a day off at the same time due to shift work but I just wanna go now!!!!!!!!!!

• Jay-Low
    Beginner
    Jay-Low ·
    • Hide content

I'm

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics