Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Storky
Beginner May 2011

Corsets and push up bras

Storky, 6 February, 2012 at 13:17 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 12

Making your body unrecognisable, making the most of your assets or false advertising?

What say you?

12 replies

Latest activity by BumbleBrat, 6 February, 2012 at 14:52
  • Cookie Galore
    Beginner November 2009
    Cookie Galore ·
    • Hide content

Depends on the extent it's taken to I suppose. I wore a corset for my wedding and would say my body was still recognisable but the pics posted in the other thread are a bit different. Same goes for the booby boosters on a night out. Generally I'd say making the most of my assets. On the false advertising side I'd say that anyone who is going to get close enough to realise that the advertising is false shouldn't care that it was false ?

• knitting_vixen
    Beginner September 2011
    knitting_vixen ·
    • Hide content

I always used to say that push up bras were false advertising ?

I wore one on my wedding day because the only nice strapless bras I could find were push up. Hardly false advertising as my husband knew what he was going to get ?

• Spangler
    Beginner September 2010
    Spangler ·
    • Hide content

I heard a comedian once liken push up bras to the Millennium dome - "impressive from the outside, but once you get in...huge disappointment". I am partial to a push up bra/ chicken fillet combo else I look like a fat boy with moobs.

False advertising, but no-one need know other than my disappointed husband. He has said anything more than a handful is a waste, but he'd have to have midget hands to apply that logic to my norks.

• HatTrick
    Beginner September 2010
    HatTrick ·
    • Hide content

Unless done to the extreme as in some of the cases on the other thread I say it's just maximising your assets.

• Mrs C
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs C ·
    • Hide content

A good well fitted bra is not quite the same as a full on padded one... difference between adding something that isn't there and making the most of what you have by putting it in the right place!!

?

• Panjita
    Beginner May 2011
    Panjita ·
    • Hide content

My friend wore push up bras when we were teens and she dated my other friend around that time. He told me afterwards that he felt really let down when her boobies didn't stay where they were and instead drooped down to her belly button. She'd have been gutted if she knew what he was saying but would anyone have expected her to then start go out loose and free, Charlie Dimmock style rather than continue with the false advertising? Everyone wants to feel good about themselves and if that means wearing your boobs up round your chin, then so be it.

I wish there was some fantastic illusion underwear that made your bum two sizes smaller. I would definitely invest, false advertising or not.

• Spangler
    Beginner September 2010
    Spangler ·
    • Hide content

Duplicate

• *Mini*
    Beginner January 2012
    *Mini* ·
    • Hide content

I live in push up bras. I look like a teenage not if not.

• NewYearRose
    Beginner December 2012
    NewYearRose ·
    • Hide content

I wear a push up bra when I'm wearing a top that looks better when my boobs have a bit more of a lift.

My boobs are a good size, but regular bras don't always give them the lift they need, say when wearing a lower cut top.

• 1234ABC
    Beginner
    1234ABC ·
    • Hide content

I tried wearing push up bras once, but i kept feeling like i was about to fall out of it, so stopped. I am lucky enough to have a 'normal sized chest' as my friend puts it. (she's a 28F and we always joke about her boobage having it's own gravitational pull)

I think it's whatever makes you feel good. I had a corset for my wedding underwear because i found strapless bra's kept sliding down on me and i didn't feel supported at all.

• BumbleBrat
    BumbleBrat ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Pretty much this.

I don't see it as false advertisement.. Makes it sound like it's a hooker being referred to ?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics