Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Charlotte
Dedicated July 2022 Durham

Covid strikes

Charlotte, 16 of July of 2022 at 20:58 Posted on Etiquette and Advice 0 25
So I get married on the 23rd July, and everything has been well, planning wise. My nana hasnt been in the best of health, and now my Uncle won't be able to make it either due to ill health. Its a bit gutting but my cousin is doing a recording for him and he's happy with that.
However, my dad has been looking after his mum, my nana, shes now got a positive test of covid.
My dad has also tested positive, due to caring for her, he's had this result for two days now.We're all praying that he's better with a negative result by Saturday, and my mum is still testing negative but doesn't know what to do in regards to "isolation"....My dad was going to walk me down the aisle and now neither of my parents may make it. What do I do? My stress levels are on high alert ⚠️

25 replies

Latest activity by Michelle, 23 of July of 2022 at 18:34
  • S
    Dedicated August 2023 South Yorkshire
    Sloufish ·
    • Hide content
    I am so sorry you are experiencing this so close to your wedding. Try not to worry too much. There are no rules around isolating anymore but a lot of places say 5 days before returning to work whether you test negative or not unless you are really unwell. Your dad should hopefully be feeling better by your wedding and if your mum is careful she might be ok! I had covid and my partner never caught it from me despite sleeping in the same bed etc the whole time. Keeping everything crossed for you! X
  • Michelle
    VIP July 2024 Cheshire
    Michelle ·
    • Hide content
    Oh charlotte this was what you were worried about from the start of your panning not what you want to happen but the restrictions have eased abit now so hopefully your parents will be okay and its nice that you will be doing a video because if people cant make it because of covid then you have this to show i know its easier said than done but you need to think about your health to stressing could make you feel ill take time x💗
  • Charlotte
    Charlotte ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks Michelle. My grandad has gave me alot on comfort on the situation along with h2b. My grandparents reassured me that dad would be fine but if he still testing positive there was other options and I felt like grandad should be asked in case, he said he'd be honoured, he loves Darren (h2b) to pieces. I'm relieved 😌 as I couldn't do it alone. But I'm sure everything will turn out the way its meant to. Just support that i needed tbh, or a good rant hahahhaha ☺ xxxxx
  • Charlotte
    Charlotte ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks hun. Means alot. Yeah mum is doing her best. I think my dad worried in case he's still testing positive however feels better as he'd hate to think he pass it on to people. We know it's one of things we have to live with now. I messaged a friend who works in Public Health Department and she said as far as they're aware it's five days, if ur feeling better, but there's no set rules. Really appreciate the support from everyone. I think sometimes it's just a pair of ears, lol 😆 xx
  • Michelle
    VIP July 2024 Cheshire
    Michelle ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Rant away here to listen its nice that your grandad will be able to give you away if dad cant do it it will all turn out the way you want it hun x💗
  • Yorkshirelass
    Super July 2022 Surrey
    Yorkshirelass ·
    • Hide content
    We are same day as you and I’m worrying about it all the time! I just want to get to the day now😬
    As others have said there are no legal restrictions so they could just come even if they have it but it’s more a moral issue now. I’m flapping because his mum is very elderly (87) and hasn’t had it and I’m so nervous about her getting it even afterwards. It’s such a nightmare that Covid is back. I’ve told people not to test which I know is a bit naughty but I’ve been planning this wedding since Nov 2020! Good luck with all x
  • Charlotte
    Charlotte ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks love. What will be will be I suppose. I pray everyone will keep safe!!! Weather is looking promising for us both though eh? Xx enjoy the next 5 days!!!!!
  • Charlotte
    Charlotte ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Just an update, our witnesses have just messaged and called. They also will not be able to make it. They've tested positive.........I thought we'd passed all the chaos of it. I think it's just beginning again. Keep safe everyone xxx
  • Yorkshirelass
    Super July 2022 Surrey
    Yorkshirelass ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Do these people have to test for their work? As I really wouldn’t bother testing to be honest and just get on with it. 3.5-4 years ago you would have just taken an over the counter cold remedy and gone to work and about your business and if someone suggested testing and masks you would have laughed them out of town!
    Our witnesses are my sister (also my MOH) and his brother so would be a big deal if they didn’t make it.
    I’m so stressed about it too. Good luck with everything else.
  • Charlotte
    Charlotte ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yeah, testing for work purposes. 🙄 I hope no one else tests tbh but I don't want anyone getting ill. Catch 22. But it's definitely something we just have to live with now. My grandma has just had her 5th jab (another booster). I can't grasp what's going on atm and I was a frontline care worker......I'm sure the tests pick up average colds xx
    Good luck hun
  • Michelle
    VIP July 2024 Cheshire
    Michelle ·
    • Hide content
    Yes they do depending on how bad the cold is im a nurse in a nursing home trying to explain to staff they still need to test is a nightmare hope you enjoy your last days b4 the big day x💗
  • Charlotte
    Charlotte ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Gosh I can only imagine Michelle. When I worked in the nursing home some staff would forget and getting them sent off was horrendous haha. Keep safe.
    I'm sure we will. Next few days all planned and busy.....xxxx
  • Michelle
    VIP July 2024 Cheshire
    Michelle ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Its hard but you just have to keep telling them x sending lots of love x💗
  • Michelle
    VIP July 2024 Cheshire
    Michelle ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hi hun its nearly here hows things with dad and nan x💗
  • Charlotte
    Charlotte ·
    • Hide content
    Hi. Dad tested negative yesterday but nan is no better, it's tough way to explain things, family, she wasn't invited to the wedding as I don't know her that well but my dad looks after her now. She's still in hospital with a blood clot on her lung. It's mild covid but still dangerous for her breathing but other family members have went in and says she's very bright and cheery. So hopefully it's something that we can help her with at home, when the Dr's think she's ready.
    I can't believe the days nearly here, I still have bags to pack and a signature to practice lol, my h2b had his stag do last night, it was meant to be food and drinks (nothing drunken), the best man had already ate before he left and turned up late. My mil actually gave money to the best man foe this night out, and my dad ended up covering it all. My dad isn't bothered but it's hit a cord with but I'm saying nothing else this close to the wedding lol. Thank you for asking everyone!!!
    Good luck xxxxxxxxx
  • Michelle
    VIP July 2024 Cheshire
    Michelle ·
    • Hide content
    Glad dads okay and sending lots of love to your nan and whatca silly best man thanks to your dad he got his stag do wish you both loys of love for tomorrow hope you have an amazing day xx💗 BIG CONGRATULATIONS TO YOU BOTH X💗
  • Charlotte
    Charlotte ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks Michelle xxx
  • Michelle
    VIP July 2024 Cheshire
    Michelle ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Anytime hun xxxxxxxxx