Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Sparkles82
Beginner April 2013

Curling Wands.... any feedback on them?

Sparkles82, 27 October, 2011 at 20:13 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 15

I curl my hair regularly with straightners, but when I last had my barnet sorted at the hairdressers, they recommended a curling wand - apparently the curls are more natural looking and its easier to do.

Anyone tried them please? I know for a fact traditional curling irons dont work on my hair - they are just not hot enough for my mahoosive thick hair.

15 replies

Latest activity by Pinky6, 29 October, 2011 at 14:47
  • Recycledbride
    Beginner June 2012
    Recycledbride ·
    • Hide content

My hair dresser recommended them to me as I/my daughter(s)/friend/any willing volunteer (see how I've planned ahead) will be doing my hair for the wedding....I bought some Babyliss ones for my daughter and she said they are great and easy to use.

• *Bea*
    Beginner October 2011
    *Bea* ·
    • Hide content

I have some and i struggle to use them without burning myself, I am clumsy though, but wouldnt recommend.

• Pinky6
    Beginner June 2012
    Pinky6 ·
    • Hide content

I find the curls don't stay in as well as they do with straightners

• JennyH10
    Beginner May 2013
    JennyH10 ·
    • Hide content

I'm very interested in the answers to this as I'm hoping to do my own hair for the wedding but not sure what to get ?

• JennyH10
    Beginner May 2013
    JennyH10 ·
    • Hide content

I'm very interested in the answers to this as I'm hoping to do my own hair for the wedding but not sure what to get ?

• Panjita
    Beginner May 2011
    Panjita ·
    • Hide content

I've not tried the wands but I always feel like little orphan Annie when I've curled with the straighteners.

I have some old tongs which work okay but then again I have quite fine hair.

• Knees
    VIP August 2012
    Knees ·
    • Hide content

These are the ones I use -

• HatTrick
    Beginner September 2010
    HatTrick ·
    • Hide content

I've tried a curling wand but definitely prefer curling with GHD's. The curls stay in much longer.

• (Claire)
    Beginner July 2011
    (Claire) ·
    • Hide content

I always had my hair curled with straightners until my wedding when the hairdresser used curling wands its the nicest my hair has looked in curls and when the curls drop they drop so naturally.

• (Claire)
    Beginner July 2011
    (Claire) ·
    • Hide content

My curls lasted all day the following day to.

• Knees
    VIP August 2012
    Knees ·
    • Hide content

Here's another couple of pics from my hair trial for my sister's wedding. We did the curls super tight so they'd last a bit longer.

• lauren700
    Beginner
    lauren700 ·
    • Hide content

I have the babyliss one and its really good and last ages! does anyone know how to make the big waves???

• Sparkles82
    Beginner April 2013
    Sparkles82 ·
    • Hide content

Wow, Bates that looks stunning!!!!! I am almost sold on those photos alone! Lol.

I have to lather mine with hairspray even when I do it with straightners, so will do the same if Santa bring me a wand.

• *Nursey*
    Beginner May 2012
    *Nursey* ·
    • Hide content

That's what my friend used to do my hair recently and they were fabulous! My hair is thick and is hard to curl but they were great and my curls lasted all day and evening. Ooh and the next day ?

• Rizzo
    Beginner July 2011
    Rizzo ·
    • Hide content

My hair is thick and long and nothing other than a hair wand gives it long lasting curls.

I find that they last longer if I wash my hair the day before and put mousse in it and then not wash it on 'curling day'.

• Pinky6
    Beginner June 2012
    Pinky6 ·
    • Hide content

Which make would you recommend??

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics