Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Irgalite

curtain sizing

Irgalite, 15 of July of 2009 at 19:31 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0

I am looking at geting curtains in the Next sale tonight and have just measured my bedroom window but I have no idea how o work our what size of curtains to get, can anyone help please?

My window is 195cm wide and 130cm drop. So what size of curtains am I looking for?

• Twigi
    Twigi ยท
    • Hide content

Not a lot of help as I always make my own curtains, so have never bought ready made and have no idea on how the standard sizes work.

But you should always measure the actual curtain rail width and not the width of the window. Then work out how gathered you want the curtains to be when pulled. If they are tab tops or ones with holes, you can get away with them less gathered, if they are normal header tape type curtains you usually go for width & half or double width. I *think* (and someone may correct me on this) that the widths of ready made curtains are measured per individual curtain and not for the pair together.

As for length, you want to measure from your curtain pole to where you want your curtains to end. Then buy the exact or slightly longer size available as you can take up, but can never lengthen.

Does that help at all?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics