Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Leanne
Dedicated September 2022 West Yorkshire

Dancing in the dress

Leanne, 17 of July of 2022 at 15:58 Posted on Wedding Attire 0 14
This more of a giddy discussion rather that a question, I posted a while back about trying on my wedding dress at home to practice moving in it and today I did andddddd I am super pleased as I could move, I even did a few spins and practiced sitting down and standing up and also how I would manage going to the loo ha ha now all my fears of looking awkward on the day have gone as I felt like a princess yey ! Just have to wait 9 weeks to do it again and see what my Man thinks

14 replies

Latest activity by Michelle, 18 of July of 2022 at 20:19
  • W
    East London
    Watergirl ·
    • Hide content

That's great! Yes, fears of trouble dancing with dresses, tripping or going to the loo are so overplayed I think it makes brides nervous for nothing! I was really nervous about bathroom trips in mine as it had 8 layers and a cathedral length train but it was completely fine all by myself. Fine for dancing too, although we're not big dancers. No need for a bustle or anything, just a loop to hold the train.

• Leanne
    Leanne ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Wellll turns out I can hold on to the little loopy thing and it made the dress all funky too 😅
    I am not a big girlie girl but this is the only day I will get to be a princess and I am taking it
    I am a big dancer so need to move and I can yey
  • Yorkshirelass
    Super July 2022 Surrey
    Yorkshirelass ·
    • Hide content
    I’m a big dancer too so I went for a tea length dress. I can’t do mine up at the back on my own so I’ve only tried it on once since I brought it home and it was half undone. I’m more worried about falling over in my heels lol
  • Leanne
    Leanne ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Book a friend or someone in to come over to pop you in it so you can have a little play in it, it was also fun and got me excited for the day.
    I wanted a tea dress originally (wed2be brought one out after i got my dress) but wasn't one around when I bought this one but I am still very happy with this

I also have a red tea length swing dress which I am wearing for the legal ceremony and I may pop on for the last two hours of the disco as I got a friend dj who plays house music and I will want to go nuts when he is playing ha ha
  • Yorkshirelass
    Super July 2022 Surrey
    Yorkshirelass ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I won’t bother now as our wedding is this Saturday but thanks for your reply. Countdown is on now. And enjoy your tea length dress!
  • Leanne
    Leanne ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Ohhhhh have any amazing day ! At least the heatwave will have slowed down a bit by then
    Wishing you a wonderful marriage and magical day lady
  • Yorkshirelass
    Super July 2022 Surrey
    Yorkshirelass ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks Leanne
    Yes it will be cooler by Saturday thank goodness
  • Michelle
    VIP July 2024 Cheshire
    Michelle ·
    • Hide content
    Glad trying it on has helped you get use to being in x💗
  • Leanne
    Leanne ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Honestly Michelle it has now made me quite excited ! Twirled in it and everything
  • Michelle
    VIP July 2024 Cheshire
    Michelle ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    You needed that practice glad you had a little dance it hope you were careful and h2b didnt catch you x💗
  • Leanne
    Leanne ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    No he was at work :-) I did it with my mother in law and my mum on video chat
  • Michelle
    VIP July 2024 Cheshire
    Michelle ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh good what did they think x💗
  • Leanne
    Leanne ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Loved it and it was fun as they have not met in person yet and this way it was like I had them both with me x
  • Michelle
    VIP July 2024 Cheshire
    Michelle ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thats nice x💗

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics