Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B

Dermot O'Leary & Short v Tall

14 December, 2011 at 14:54 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 31

Just seen an article in the DM online (terrible, I know) about Dermot O'Leary being an 'unlikely' sex symbol. Personally I think he's gorgeous and quite sexy in a 'normal bloke' kind of way.

He also mentioned he's 'only' 5ft 9 which has sparked a bit of a debate in the comments section about whether he actually is this height, and whether short blokes are better than tall blokes.

Having had the chance to compare living with one tall man and one short - my ex husband is 6ft 2, and H2B is 5ft 7 (I'm only 5ft 1) - I have to say that I do prefer the shorter man, as they take up a lot less room, in bed and on the sofa :-) They're also cuter in general I think.

What do you think?

31 replies

Latest activity by spikeygoodness, 14 December, 2011 at 17:49
  • Little Pixie
    Beginner September 2011
    Little Pixie ·
    • Hide content

I thing dermy is lush! I do prefer a tall man though, always have. OH is a smidge over 6ft and I am only 5ft 3.

• ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown
    Beginner January 2012
    ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown ·
    • Hide content

In absolute terms, I prefer tall men. That doesn't mean short men can't be attractive (although I don't fancy Dermot O'Leary). But there's a limit on shortness - 5'7'' is too short, sorry.

• Missus S
    Missus S ·
    • Hide content

Having been out with a shirt bloke, and now married to a tall bloke there is no comparison, tall is tons better IMO. He is 6,5" and of rugby player stature. Feel extremely safe in his hands [wink] and there is nothing like getting a cuddle from a big hunky man. Also, cos he is so big the bonus is I always look small next to him, no Matter how fat I get ?

• Ali_G
    Beginner October 2012
    Ali_G ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

?

That makes my OH a munchkin as he's only 5 ft 6 ?

Wouldn't change him for the world though, he's perfect height for kissing!

And Dermot is a little bit lush.

• Mrs Bass
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs Bass ·
    • Hide content

My H is 5ft 4, i am 5ft 7!

ive have exes that are over 6ft and there isnt really a difference. obviously i prefer H as i married him but that has nothing to do with height.

when we first started going out I would avold wearing heels but now im not fussed, doubt H is either as he gets a better view of my clevage!

• HatTrick
    Beginner September 2010
    HatTrick ·
    • Hide content

So long as they are taller than me it wouldn't really be an iusse. So any thing over 5'6'' really. Dermot's still in with a chance!

• Flowmojo
    Beginner
    Flowmojo ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

?

Dermot is a fitty, fact. and i dont see him as being short at all? hes the same height as Mr F!?!? The again, being 5"1, i have a different perspective on whats tall and short i guess!!

• Soybean
    Beginner March 2011
    Soybean ·
    • Hide content

He comes into work occasionally as his good mate works here and always seems incredibly shy but always very polite. I just can't stand the thing he does every single bloody week when he comes on stage where he flings his arm up and kicks his leg out and spins around. Don't know why but it bugs the hell out of me!

• Spangler
    Beginner September 2010
    Spangler ·
    • Hide content

This. Dermot - totally would. I'm 5ft 7 and H is 6ft1. Couldn't go out with a dwarf.

• Knees
    VIP August 2012
    Knees ·
    • Hide content

In my list of qualities for my ideal man, I would list tall as one of them. I'm 5'8, which isn't exactly huge, but I do like to wear heels quite a lot.

Mr B is about 5'11, which makes me shorter than him barefoot, but around the same height, or even taller in my highest heels. I don't like that I don't "fit" under his arm when we're walking together, so he'll rarely put his arm around my shoulders because it's uncomfortable. Although he's average height, he has to wear short leg jeans as he has an unusually long back but short legs!

• HatTrick
    Beginner September 2010
    HatTrick ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

It's the best part of the show!

• HatTrick
    Beginner September 2010
    HatTrick ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

It's the best part of the show!

• Flowmojo
    Beginner
    Flowmojo ·
    • Hide content

sames!!

• HatTrick
    Beginner September 2010
    HatTrick ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

? It all adds up!

At least us girls can add a few inches with heels, must be horrible to be a short bloke.

• ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown
    Beginner January 2012
    ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This made me smile. Blaming lack of height for a high BMI!

• T
    Beginner
    Trickers ·
    • Hide content

As long as they taller than me I dont really care, which at 5ft 2 isnt exactly hard.

My H is 5ft 10 and that is perfect for me.

• HatTrick
    Beginner September 2010
    HatTrick ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This makes you sound like you have been 'busy' * ?

* I'm only making a joke of this as I know you haven't.

• B
    Beginner September 2014
    BigRedCandle ·
    • Hide content

I'm 5'6" and Mr R is 6'2". I would say i prefer taller blokes because i feel quite tall (compared to my other female friends.) I can also wear heels al not tower over Mr R which is nice!

One of his exes was 5'11" so compared to her he thinks I'm "small" Hilarious, before being with him I had never been called small in my life!

• Rizzo
    Beginner July 2011
    Rizzo ·
    • Hide content

Me and the hubby are the same height, which is fine by me as I prefer short men.

Nothing worse than an tall, gangly man....

• Soybean
    Beginner March 2011
    Soybean ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Actually, you have a point.

• nanny plum
    Beginner September 2011
    nanny plum ·
    • Hide content

Dermot is the exception,he is gorgeous and i love his dancing.

For my ideal man i like tall and a rugby players body.

We look really stupid together though and i am so small but i don't care.

• Chidders
    Beginner June 2012
    Chidders ·
    • Hide content

Dermot IMO is an average 5 out of 10, well maybe 6! Definitely tall men for me.

• T
    Beginner
    Trickers ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

?? It does doesnt it?!

• Pinky6
    Beginner June 2012
    Pinky6 ·
    • Hide content

Agree with HT and Tricks, as long as they are taller than me it's fine. OH is only about half n inch taller than me, I am 5'11" though! I couldn't date a smaller guy.

• HatTrick
    Beginner September 2010
    HatTrick ·
    • Hide content

That half inch makes all the difference pinky!

I'd much rather date someone the same height as me than a lanky, glangly man that towers above me.

• sapphire_22
    Beginner September 2011
    sapphire_22 ·
    • Hide content

Dermot is the exception for me too!

I like tall men. And preferably slim but muscley. I don't know why, but I've always wondered if it was because the first boyfriend who I was in love with was 6'4", slim, and very muscley.

Also I've always had this idea in my head that short, stocky men must sweat more!

• Arquard
    Beginner May 2011
    Arquard ·
    • Hide content

As long as they're taller than me, i'm happy (I'm only 5'5" anyway!). H is 5'10ish which works quite nicely. I have an ex who is 6'8" and built like a brick sh1thouse and that was terrible! He used to rest his pint on my head in the pub... It didn't help that he was also a complete psycho and very, very intimidating when he was in one.

• spikeygoodness
    Beginner
    spikeygoodness ·
    • Hide content

I'd definitely prefer a guy to be taller than me. I've never dated anyone shorter, so I don't know if it'd be a deal breaker or not. I'm only 5'5", so shorter than me would be fairly short for a guy.

I don't think I could date anyone if I could beat them in an arm wrestle. And I'd prefer not to weigh more than anyone I dated too. (Though I'm pretty sure I'm going to be heavier than H in a few months, but it doesn't count during pregnancy!)

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics