Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

CarlaNath2013
Beginner May 2013

Did you choose your Engagement ring???

CarlaNath2013, 22 November, 2011 at 12:24

Posted on Off Topic Posts 49

My bf has left the decision up to me and have been looking for agesss but i just didnt know what i wanted , didnt realise how much choice there actually was and some a rediculuosly priced haha. Anyhooo i need some engagement ring advice whats hot and whats not. Im looking at a 18ct white gold...

My bf has left the decision up to me and have been looking for agesss but i just didnt know what i wanted , didnt realise how much choice there actually was and some a rediculuosly priced haha.

Anyhooo i need some engagement ring advice whats hot and whats not. Im looking at a 18ct white gold princess cut 12stone cluster .60ct diamond its lovely, i would not have chose this ring untill i started trying rings on and it really suits my finger. Smiley smile so excited to get a ring its jus taking ages as needs to be perfect. Heres a flash of the one im looking at x

49 replies

• CarlaNath2013
    Beginner May 2013
    CarlaNath2013 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Aww thats beautiful Smiley smile

• I
    Beginner January 1999
    irrelephant ·
    • Hide content

I chose my own ring. Its quite a classic style with a central sapphire and a diamond on either side. It didn't cost the earth but I love it so much and thats what counts. You liking it is more important than whether its fashionable.

• Arquard
    Beginner May 2011
    Arquard ·
    • Hide content

We chose it together... well... I emailed H with a shortlist of ones I liked and he picked one. Luckily he picked the right one ? Only problem, which I didn't think of at the time, was that it was such an awkward shape that I couldn't wear it with a wedding ring. So I don't wear it anymore but we did pick out a wedding ring with some sparkle in it too.

• caweena
    Beginner
    caweena ·
    • Hide content

H's dad chose mine... about 45 years ago!

H proposed without a ring. MIL asked the next day did we have a ring, we said no and she disappeared, came back 2 mins later, chucked a ring box at us and told us I could have it if it fitted me as she can't wear rings so it's been in a box permanently since she got married!

Tis gorgeous but I probably wouldn't have chosen it myself. Not least because it's worth more than I ever thought I'd be comfortable wearing on a daily basis.

• raincloud
    Beginner August 2011
    raincloud ·
    • Hide content

OH didn't want to choose one in case I didn't like it so we chose it togther after he had proposed. He loves it as it's fairly traditional (I think he thought I would go for a completely non traditional one!) and I love it because it's not totally traditional as it has a slightly unusual shape to it. This did make it hard to fit with the wedding ring, more so as MIL gave us her grandmothers wedding ring so we had to work with what we had. (Not that I'm complaining as I love my WR and the fact that its been passed down) I guess if we had bought one we may have had more luck fitting it exactly, but I don't mind, it works for me, even if it's not the 'perfect' solution.

• *Mini*
    Beginner January 2012
    *Mini* ·
    • Hide content

Nope, MrMini choose it himself, had it made to measure using existing rings of mine for a guide and whe he proposed it was a total suprise- I wasnt sure on the main stone as I would never have picked it myself but he seems to know me better than I know myself as I love it.

• Vanilla Pod
    Beginner September 2011
    Vanilla Pod ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Exatly the same here too, even the Mr C bit. (Ive got one too)

• ebony_rose
    Genius
    ebony_rose ·
    • Hide content

I chose mine. In a really romantic fashion, H gave me a "budget", which I then ignored...

• freckles87
    Beginner May 2013
    freckles87 ·
    • Hide content

We went shopping for my ring together, but OH picked this one out. I wasn't overly fussed when it was in the cabinet, but once I'd put it on I didn't want to take it off. The only issue is that is it white gold, although it doesn't fade too bad and looks amazing after it's been sent away for dipping.

• Rizzo
    Beginner July 2011
    Rizzo ·
    • Hide content

We picked mine together as we have such different tastes. I asked for the budget, he told me it and then we went over it.

• nanny plum
    Beginner September 2011
    nanny plum ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I had to look twice at your picture,how bizarre,we have pretty much got the same!

I choose both my rings,my hubby would have never done it by himself although i expect i would have liked anything he picked as he has similar taste.

• *Nursey*
    Beginner May 2012
    *Nursey* ·
    • Hide content

Neither of us picked my rings. Technically my Dad did, as they are/were my Mum's ?

• Pinky6
    Beginner June 2012
    Pinky6 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

*Like*

OH chose my original ring but when the shop ruined his surprise he took that back and we chose another one together. The one I picked was actually a little cheaper!!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics