Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B

Did you get drunk at your own wedding?

21 October, 2010 at 12:21 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 17

Me and my hubby got very drunk at ours. We were not sick or falling over but had had a fair few!

Just wondered if the done thing is to be sober and elegant at your wedding all day?

Opinions please!

17 replies

Latest activity by COCOCHIQUITA1984, 22 October, 2010 at 12:15
  • Houdini
    Beginner August 2010
    Houdini ·
    • Hide content

I was tipsy, and definately had been drinking iykwim but wasn't drunk. Does that make sense?! Same with H, though on the day he insisted he was fine. He's slowly admitting to being more and more drunk the further away the wedding day gets! ?

• D
    Beginner October 2010
    drifter ·
    • Hide content

What RaeF said not drunk but a bit merry at points, that said no one brought me a single drink, thank goodness our cateers kept me topped up

• Houdini
    Beginner August 2010
    Houdini ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Only 3 people bought me drinks, and one was my best friend who I told that I wasn't being offered drinks so she got me one!

• D
    Beginner
    Doodle ·
    • Hide content

O god there are def some non-elegant ones of us both later in the evening. That said they are brilliant fun. One of the last bits i remeber was muching a cupcake whilst OH made me toast and talking to the DJ - I asked his name but had forgot it 30 seconds later when I refered to him to OH. d'OH

I got drunk but was sober(ish) by the end as we got married at 11:30am and finished up at just gone midnight.

• teeheeyoucrazyguys!
    teeheeyoucrazyguys! ·
    • Hide content

I was the same drifter! and so was Hubby, even his bestman didnt bother to buy him a drink!

I barely touched a drop on the day to be honest...... champagne mostly (was drinking in the salon at 8am!)

and I got a can of 7 up after the meal and then when I was out of my dress, into my going away outfit I had a jackdaniels but never finished it.

• Weather Girl
    Beginner October 2009
    Weather Girl ·
    • Hide content

I was stone cold sober and I'm sure H was too. People kept buying us drinks but I don't think I even got round to actually finishing one!

• Deedee75
    Dedicated June 2007
    Deedee75 ·
    • Hide content

I ended up feeling too sick (I think it was stress related) that I couldn't hardly face drinking much - good job really since I'd have ended up a wreck otherwise! H never really gets drunk even if he drinks a lot so wasn't that drunk either.

Hardly anyone offered to buy me a drink either, and since I had no money on me I had to ask people to buy me the few drinks I had - H had plenty of offers though, really not fair!!

• Cookie Galore
    Beginner November 2009
    Cookie Galore ·
    • Hide content

Barely had time to drink, I was up dancing most of the evening as loads of people kept dragging me back to the dance floor and I do wonder if I should have spent a bit more time with the evening guests ?. My BM went and got me a glass of water at one point because I was roasting hot and gasping for liquid - wouldn't have wanted alcohol tbh, the water was very welcome!

• FIONATS73
    Beginner August 2009
    FIONATS73 ·
    • Hide content

No I wasn't I think, not sure about h. I was giddy on adrelian though. I had no money and I think only a few people bought me a drink. But again H got bought loads.

But also was on the dance floor alott of the night, with my friend. Don't think I eat much of the buffy either

H had the money, so I ended up getting water as it was also so hot

• B
    Beginner April 2010
    Baz183 ·
    • Hide content

I drank a fair but but didn't get very drunk (despite my best efforts lol). A few people bought me drinks (most notably my H's cousin who's 21. Asked if I wanted a drink and then turned to his mum and asked for some money. Made me chuckle.)

Our venue were very good though as the bar staff always made sure I had a drink. Given our bill was only £9 at the end of the night i'm guessing they didn't charge for most of what we had.

I didn't look quite as elegant at the end of the night as I had at the beginning though (and there are plenty of photos to prove that) but we had the most fantastic time.

• MarieMarie1980
    Beginner August 2010
    MarieMarie1980 ·
    • Hide content

I did have a couple and would day I was tipsy. H on the other hand was very drunk. And I think the drunkest of all was my Mum and the best man.

Whenever I was out of drink, I just stood at the bar and until someone bought me a drink. I never spent a penny but H said he spent about £100 at the bar... Infact... I dont think he bought me a drink!!!!!!!!! ?

• GeordieBarbie
    Beginner May 2010
    GeordieBarbie ·
    • Hide content

Nope - was fairly sober!

Only 1 person bought me a drink - without asking or me prompting. Don't think I finished it though. Then again, I dind't expect anyone too - I don't think i've ever bought anyone a drink on their wedding day...

We had lots of booze left over from the meal (wine and port) so I drank that - plus a lot of soft drink as it was a hot hot day!

• Daisy82
    Beginner
    Daisy82 ·
    • Hide content

I would love to have bee tipsy at my wedding. H certainly was. I was pregnant on my wedding day.

• grace85
    Beginner February 2011
    grace85 ·
    • Hide content

I don't want to get really drunk at mine, obviously a little tipsy would be nice, ha ha.

I'm going to make arrangements with the hotel bar about my drinks because i don't intend on carrying money and don't expect people to think to offer me a drink.

My OH on the other hand will get wasted, i know he will and i'm dreading it already, lol.

• COCOCHIQUITA1984
    Beginner
    COCOCHIQUITA1984 ·
    • Hide content

I was definitely veering towards drunk at one point - when we arrived at our reception venue not all our guests had arrived (most notably H's parents, sister, her partner and kids) so we couldn't sit straight down - the waitresses kept loading me up with our Pimms welcoming drinks, so had 3 of them before I even sat down having eaten half a sandwich up until that point! I then had 2 glasses of wine and a glass of champagne during dinner/toasts before deciding I was getting drunk and moving on to soft drinks!! Haha!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics