Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Beginner June 2012

Different bridesmaids dresses but the same colour and material

SarahLouisa, 17 of August of 2011 at 22:11 Posted on Planning 0 27

Hi there,

I have decided that i'd like my bridesmaids to wear different style dresses but in the same colour & material. This is mainly because one style dosnt always suit everyone and we've got a few sizes to cater for.

Not really sure where to start looking.....has anyone got any advice or tips that can help me?

I'm having 5 bridesmaids and the colour is dusky pink.

Any help or advice would be greatfully received as i'm starting to wonder whether this was such a good idea!!

Thanks,

Sarah

27 replies

Latest activity by Mrswebb2b, 1 of November of 2011 at 12:19
  • jojo2
    Beginner June 2012
    jojo2 ·
    • Hide content

I have seen this at many weddings and think it is a good idea as the dresses suit the BM figures and they will be happier too.

• sapphire_22
    Beginner September 2011
    sapphire_22 ·
    • Hide content

Welcome to Hitched!

Have you been in any bridal shops? They would have a range of styles for your BMs to try so you can decide what looks best. And I know that Coast tend to use the same colours and fabric in a range of styles.

• A
    Beginner March 2012
    amyc1984 ·
    • Hide content

Hi Sarah,

I am doing exactly the same thing as you! Mine are all Dessy dresses in their Nu-Georgette material and all the same colour, but different designs as all my maids (4 adults) are different shapes and sizes like yours!

I got mine from Ebay, worth keeping an eye on there for designers that you like and check the newly listed items.

Hope you find them all, good luck!

A x

• I
    Beginner January 1999
    irrelephant ·
    • Hide content

Hi, welcome to hitched. I'm also thinking of doing this as each bridesmaid is a really different shape.

• Random Name
    Random Name ·
    • Hide content

I'm doing this. The dresses are being made as it will be cheaper than buying them. They will all be made from the same material but the style they want.

• Mrs-HFA
    Beginner December 2012
    Mrs-HFA ·
    • Hide content

My friend was a BM last week, 5 BM's all different dresses, gorgeous. If you messaged me your email address, I'm sure she wouldn't mind me sending you a pic or two for some ideas....

• Pinky6
    Beginner June 2012
    Pinky6 ·
    • Hide content

I am also doing this as well, with a light pink colour hopefully. Off dress shopping tomorrow so will have more of an idea after then, but it seems like it's doable.

• judeclarke
    Beginner October 2011
    judeclarke ·
    • Hide content

I have 2 BMs - one in a silver dress, one in a tuxedo with silver waistcoat. OK not exactly the same as 5 girls in different dresses, but the same idea - co-ordinated rather than matched.

I wouldn't think it was strange. Especially if the BMs are different shapes and sizes. I've seen one wedding where the 2 BMs were in opposite colours - one in a pink dress with a green sash, the other in green with a pink sash - it worked very nicely as the BM in green had copper-red hair and the one in pink was blonde.

• A
    Beginner
    Abbiej90 ·
    • Hide content

Two Birds Bridesmaid! They are on Hitched.co.uk in the Bridesmaids section or just search them online. This sounds absolutely PERFECT for what you are looking for x

they actually do a colour called dusty rose & rosewater too! its the same dress but can be worn in 15 different ways, there is 3 different lengths and around 3 different styles too. they are lush

https://www.hitched.co.uk/bridesmaids-dresses/two-birds-bridesmaid/

http://www.twobirdsbridesmaid.com/

• Flowmojo
    Beginner
    Flowmojo ·
    • Hide content

BHS do a good range of dusky pink dresses in different styles!

• 1234ABC
    Beginner
    1234ABC ·
    • Hide content

My friends little sister got married at the beginning of July and she had 5 bridesmaids all in different coloured dresses, but their sashes matched another bridesmaid dress.

Sorry it's not a good photo, but you cansee the lilac, yellow, a little bit of the cadbury purple, pink and pale pink dresses with the various sashes.

• knitting_vixen
    Beginner September 2011
    knitting_vixen ·
    • Hide content

Love those dresses RKB! Beautiful!

I am having BMs wearing similar dresses but in slightly different colours/prints.

I got mine from Vivian of Holloway... if the 50s circle style doesn't fit in with your theme, you can go to Dessy if your budget stretches (they are quite pricey), as you can order from a wide range of styles from a large colour palette.

• 1234ABC
    Beginner
    1234ABC ·
    • Hide content

The bride made them! and her own dress to boot! very talented lady! If it wasn't for the fact she was getting married herself this year i was going to ask her to make mine!

• Vampyrbuffy
    Beginner June 2012
    Vampyrbuffy ·
    • Hide content

Hi there , i am having 3 BM's and i originally wanted them in same matching dresses. The problem i had is my chief BM is tall so the short style looked silly on her and my other 2 are shorter and curvy, so the same style didnt suit them all! We went into debenhams and ended up with 3 slightly different styles but all same material and colour ? They look much nicer than in the pics with models wearing them lol

• bls14
    Beginner September 2011
    bls14 ·
    • Hide content

I really like this idea, like others have said suits different shapes and sizes...

• S
    Beginner June 2012
    SarahLouisa ·
    • Hide content

Oh great! I'm pleased to hear someone else is doing it! Did it take you long to find them?

• S
    Beginner June 2012
    SarahLouisa ·
    • Hide content

Great! Where are you getting yours made? Are they expensive?

• S
    Beginner June 2012
    SarahLouisa ·
    • Hide content

Oh yes please! Email is ************@*****.**.** thanks x

• S
    Beginner June 2012
    SarahLouisa ·
    • Hide content

WOW!!!! You are very clever!!! Thanks for the pics x

• S
    Beginner June 2012
    SarahLouisa ·
    • Hide content

Ooooh i like the sash idea! Might have to look into that x

• S
    Beginner June 2012
    SarahLouisa ·
    • Hide content

Oh wow! thanks for the pic x

• S
    Beginner June 2012
    SarahLouisa ·
    • Hide content

Oh no!! Spot the new Hitched user!!! I thought the replies would go straight to the brides!! D'oh!!

• M
    Beginner January 2010
    Macaria ·
    • Hide content

Have a look at these bridesmaid dresses?

http://topbridaldresses.blog.com/2011/11/01/bridesmaids-dresses-same-color-different-style/

On topbridaldress, they can make the dress as your request.

Dusty pink color is available ?

• Purple Pixie
    Beginner July 2012
    Purple Pixie ·
    • Hide content

A lot of the bridesmaid dress designers can do this. If you look at companies like Kelsey Rose, Impression, Ronald Joyce, Dessy, Mori Lee etc. they have lots of styles that come in the same material and colour.

• LittleMissP
    Beginner September 2012
    LittleMissP ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

If anyones good at sewing, i found a site where it shows you how to make these dresses yourself

https://www.weddingwire.com/projectwedding-is-now-weddingwire

• Browny
    Beginner June 2011
    Browny ·
    • Hide content

I had four bridesmaids all in different dresses but the same colour/material. We got their dresses from Forever Yours (google it!). If I can find a picture I'll attach one for you!

ETA pictures:

One had strapless, one had one-shoulder, one was a maternity dress and the other was cap-style straps.

HTH

• M
    Beginner July 2012
    Mrswebb2b ·
    • Hide content

We are doing the same, 2 of my bridesmaids are having straps and one strapless, i like th idea of them all having it different ways and have said they can have it anyway they like.

The dresses came with a scalf in the same material so this can be used to make straps by a seamstress

xx

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics