Skip to main content
W
Savvy February 2022 Wiltshire

diy hair and make up

Wildberry, 24 October 2021 at 23:22 Posted on Beauty & Wellbeing 0 11
Saved
We are only having a small register Office wedding, we don't want to spend much at all.
I looked at hair and make up prices and it will cost too much just for myself.

I'm okay at make up but bridal make up is different, how can I get around this? Should I do my own or is it too risky? Thanks

11 replies

Latest activity by Opanade, 29 October 2021 at 22:56
  • Mrswdesig
    Dedicated May 2022 South West London
    Mrswdesig ·
    I thought about doing my own as in general I don't like having my make up done but was worried it would stress me out on the day so decided to get mine done (assuming I like it in my trial). I don't think there is anything wrong with doing it yourself, particularly as it is expensive. I suggest that to de-risk it, you do a couple of make up trials on yourself before the day to practice (there are loads of How To videos on YouTube to help) and make notes of the products you used and the order you used them, and also take pictures etc. So you are as prepared as you can be and don't second guess yourself on the day.
  • Charlotte
    VIP April 2022 Wiltshire
    Charlotte ·
    Contact local colleges to see if there are any students who may be looki g to build their profile and do ti for a small fee. Same for hair, photography and videographet, or put a post on local facenook pages to see if anyone lokkong to build portfolio. If you can then have trials and see if you like it and I'd not DIY can be your back up
  • W
    Wildberry ·
    View quoted message
    You tube is a good idea, thank youb
  • W
    Wildberry ·
    View quoted message
    Excellent idea! I'll be looking into this.
  • R
    Super July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·

For hair, try contacting a local hairdresser. Most of them can do perfectly good simple hairstyles and are much cheaper than a 'wedding hairdresser'. All the quotes I got from wedding hairdressers were in the £90+ bracket (they insisted on doing a hair trial first, even though I said I didn't need one, so it was around £40 for the trial and £50 for the day). Eventually, I rang a local hairdresser who did prom hair for between £10 and £15 and she put my hair up in a simple low bun for £10!

Can't help with the makeup as I didn't wear any!

• Lavender_Bride
    Beginner October 2023 East London
    Lavender_Bride ·

Lisa Eldridge has many videos with makeup tips, looks and ideas for brides and bridesmaids! I would consider checking those out!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jha0mEmvznE&ab_channel=LisaEldridge

• Keira
    Savvy August 2023 Staffordshire
    Keira ·
    My sister and cousins are really good with make up and hair so they will be doing mine. I very rarely wear make up so I will be going shopping with them prior to our rehersals to get the right things to suit my skin tone etc, think I would be too nervous on the day to actually do my own. Xx
  • W
    Wildberry ·
    View quoted message
    Thanks I'll check these out
  • M
    Super July 2023 Cheshire
    Michelle Online ·
    Im doing my own i dont wear makeup so will be looking at different ways of doing it like you im registry office so want costs to be low x💗 i hope you find what you want to do x💗
  • Kayleigh
    Dedicated October 2023 Bristol
    Kayleigh ·

I'm doing my own hair and make up. I like how I do my own make up and hair and just KNOW I wouldn't like what someone else does x

• W
    Wildberry ·
    Thanks for the replies. I only want something simple for my hair so does seem silly to pay a lot to have it done.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

ReCaptcha Verification failed. Please try again.

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics