Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Chippet
Beginner January 2014

DIY table plan

Chippet, 13 of August of 2013 at 17:38 Posted on Planning 0 10

Hi

I'm trying to get supplies for our table plan, I already know roughly what we want; map of manhattan with pins of major landmarks which each table with be named after.

What I'm struggling with is what to mount it on? Will a covered cork board do, or will I need something sturdier? Size will need to be at least 60x90cm

thanks!

10 replies

Latest activity by RomanticPurpleDiamonds27034, 18 of December of 2018 at 11:10
  • Chippet
    Beginner January 2014
    Chippet ·
    • Hide content

Thankyou

We adore the city and got engaged there in December, so we thought it would work perfectly as our theme Smiley smile

• miss pickle
    Beginner June 2014
    miss pickle ·
    • Hide content

There is a tutorial on RocknRoll Bride for something similar...

https://www.rocknrollbride.com/2012/05/diy-tutorial-london-underground-map-table-plan/

It says to use an A1 foam board. I have to admit I have no idea what a foam board is or where you buy one from but it might be worth looking into? Maybe you get them from Hobbycraft, etc?

• *Munchkin*
    Beginner October 2013
    *Munchkin* ·
    • Hide content

We're having the London Underground table plan that Katede has flashed there and used the linked tutorial as a guide. I've used an A1 foam board for it, which has been fine, although cutting it was a bit of a pain (I would highly recommend you buy a craft knife - I didn't and had to use a small kitchen knife). The cutting was also a pain as it didn't show how to do it on the tutorial. I just bought the foam board from Hobbycraft for £3.99.

I think my edges are a little wonky, but it does look rather fetching (if I do say so myself!).

• P
    Beginner October 2013
    Pigletbride ·
    • Hide content

Hello,

You can easily get foamboard from Hobbycraft although perhaps not A1 size - A3 is about £4.

I have covered a basic box canvas with fabric as the background for ours - was quite easy with a staple gun and an extra pair of hands to hold it - should be able to do this with a map too. The depth of the box canvas is about 2inches so it will stand up balanced against the wall or I can hang it.

Rach

• Chippet
    Beginner January 2014
    Chippet ·
    • Hide content

I came on here to say i didnt think A1 was going to be big enough cos its only 84x60cm, but its only 6cm short and I compensated 6cm all around the map. Doh. My brain obviously wasn't working earlier today.

Im sure you could twist his arm Smiley winking NYC is our theme throughout, so it was an easy choice, ill flash my invites when they arrive cos they're themed and self designed. Our colour is green and having apples as the centrepieces...'big apple' - all just fell into place Smiley laugh

Where did he pop the question? Mine did it across the rink in front of Rockefeller tree.

• Gemma Lawrence
    Gemma Lawrence ·
    • Hide content

I just had to say how much I LOVE those idea's .. they are going to look awesome ladies!

• R
    RomanticPurpleDiamonds27034 ·
    • Hide content

Build a stylish table with these free DIY farmhouse table plans. They come in a variety of styles and sizes so you can build the perfect one

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics