Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

E
Beginner June 2012

Do I buy my 'hens' a gift for coming to the do?

ExcitedBride.com, 1 of May of 2012 at 10:08 Posted on Planning 0 12

As the title reads, are you buying a gift for the hens going on your hen do??

12 replies

Latest activity by tonihilluk, 1 of May of 2012 at 21:23
  • *JLS*
    Beginner July 2012
    *JLS* ·
    • Hide content

I did and bought a little goody bag with bits and bobs in them, my hens really appreciated them.

• E
    Beginner June 2012
    ExcitedBride.com ·
    • Hide content

Oh wow - what did you put in them if you dont mind me asking? How much per person?

I would like to give them a little something, however Im very tight on budget!!

• jojo2
    Beginner June 2012
    jojo2 ·
    • Hide content

We didn't buy gifts but did games with prizes such as vouchers for costa coffee and nero and personalised love hearts for boobie prizes with my hen party labels stuck on. They ate all 50 of them!

My mum and i paid for a limo so that was their treat as we didn't include it in the price

• S
    SarahThompson ·
    • Hide content

I love these ideas, I want to play games with prizes! Do I know anyone having a Hen do? - No! lol

It depends on what your budget is and how many hens you have. We stock gifts that would be suitable, we have things such as handbag holders, or engravable mirror compacts, or even hip flasks - all are fully engravable. It does depend on your budget really - especially if you have a lot of hens!

Do have a look on our website though, as you may get some inspiration within your budget. We are also on facebook and currently have a little competition running to win a £20 voucher for anything on our site

The details of this are:

Every fortnight until the end of May we will be giving away a £20 voucher that can be spent on anything on our website. All people need to do to be in with a chance of winning is 'like' our facebook page. The page is https://www.facebook.com/pages/Engraving-Excellence-Beautiful-personalised-gifts-for-any-occasion/149150048487540. Two weeks from now one of our new fans will be selected to receive the first £20 voucher.

• pandorasbox
    Beginner August 2012
    pandorasbox ·
    • Hide content

I wasn't going to give any gifts at my hen party, didn't know that was a thing to be honest. There will be about 25 people coming so I really can't afford to! Maybe I will ask the restaurant to provide a glass of fizz for everyone (if I can afford it.)

• *JLS*
    Beginner July 2012
    *JLS* ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hiya, here's the link with my list on, I coudln't remember all the things off the top of my head.

https://www.hitched.co.uk/chat/forums/t/299338.aspx

• xMissyLoux
    Beginner September 2012
    xMissyLoux ·
    • Hide content

I'm just getting mine a keyring as a keep sake that says 'I survived Melissa's hen night - 18th August 2012'

• MrsP2012
    Beginner September 2012
    MrsP2012 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I love this idea, where did u get them done???

• ladyzoot
    Beginner August 2012
    ladyzoot ·
    • Hide content

Its totally up to you - if you can afford it and would like to then buy them gifts. But I've never had gifts when I've been to hen party and certainly haven't felt hard done by! I don't really see why you have to give gifts to everyone at every turn. I might get a small something for my 2 BMs to say thanks for organising my hen do, but wasn't going to get the others anything. It is a lovely idea, but please don't feel it is necessary!

• xMissyLoux
    Beginner September 2012
    xMissyLoux ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I haven't actually got them made yet but resulting to my old faithful eBay. Had a search on there a while back and there were a few sellers who offer personalised keyrings relatively cheaply!

• *sweetpea*
    Beginner July 2012
    *sweetpea* ·
    • Hide content

My plan was to put a big wedge into a kitty to buy the first few drinks although I like the idea of providing fizz. I might do this instead!

• T
    Beginner August 2012
    tonihilluk ·
    • Hide content

We are off to Ibiza in 4 Weeks (excited), so as a little gift and surprise I have made and personalised beach bags for everybody. They have worked out about £4 each..... Bags from cleverbags, Tranfers from ebay and name keyrings (which i will attach to the handles) also from ebay. I know my hens wont expect anything but just really wanted to give them something as I know how hard they have worked on planning the hen do xx

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics