Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

K
Beginner August 2012

Do Page Boys have to walk down the aisle??

kc047, 29 September, 2011 at 20:09 Posted on Planning 0 7

Do page boys have to walk down the aisle? The reason I ask is because we are having OH's nephews, who are 6 and 3, and I am worried about it because they are quite young.

Their mother and grandmother will be sat at the front and I don't want any last minute problems as they don't really know me too well because they live quite far away.

I wanted them to be involved really to please his side of the family but I can't help thinking it could cause a problem if they are too shy or get upset (especially the younger one). At another family wedding recently the younger one got a bit overwhelmed and started screaming and crying when he had to get in the wedding car.

I was thinking a good alternative would be to have them at the front with mum and grandma and then at the bit when we need the rings they could bring them up in a little box or on a cushion. Then they are with their family with no drama and still involved.

But how do I explain to everyone who might be looking forward to seeing them come down aisle?

Also I have three adult bridesmaids and two flower girls if anyone can think of another way.

Thanks xx

7 replies

Latest activity by kc047, 29 September, 2011 at 21:34
  • Barefoot
    Beginner August 2012
    Barefoot ·
    • Hide content

Shouldn'tbe a problem - at my first wedding I had a 3yr old pageboy and 4yr old flowergirl. They walked down the aisle first, on their own (my music was quite long so adult BMs didn't start down until FG/PB had reached the front). I think they held hands and were just told to walk slowly to the front, and they did. Don't underestimate the little ones!

• Pinky6
    Beginner June 2012
    Pinky6 ·
    • Hide content

That's what I would have suggested, that the flower girls walk hand in hand with the page boys. I'm sure they will be fine

• S
    Beginner September 2012
    staceylynch6 ·
    • Hide content

My little boy will be 4 when i get married and im having him walk down with my flower girl who will be 6

• Random Name
    Random Name ·
    • Hide content

My page boy will be 5 and flowergirl will be 1 week shy of 3. They are walking down holding their mums hands

• K
    Beginner August 2012
    kc047 ·
    • Hide content

That would be cute it they would hold hands with the girls.

How about this order -

FG and PG holding hands

Three bridesmaids

Me and my dad

I was thinking about going last just to have a moment to let everyone get into their positions at the front and for the younger ones to get settled in their seats.

• K
    Beginner August 2012
    kc047 ·
    • Hide content

Sorry I meant FG and PB first

• Barefoot
    Beginner August 2012
    Barefoot ·
    • Hide content

Sounds fine - exactly how I had it first time round, and it worked beautifully. It's makes a nice build up to your grand entrance too.

• K
    Beginner August 2012
    kc047 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for the advice xx

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics