Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Holey
Beginner July 2011

Do you tip....

Holey, 9 of October of 2014 at 10:59

Posted on Off Topic Posts 35

Delivery drivers? I had a big delivery from Ikea today and wondered whether it's the norm to tip the delivery drivers? Also, while I'm here, do you tip your hairdresser?

Delivery drivers? I had a big delivery from Ikea today and wondered whether it's the norm to tip the delivery drivers?

Also, while I'm here, do you tip your hairdresser?

35 replies

• kiwi_girl
    Beginner May 2015
    kiwi_girl ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I'm the same. My excuse is I was brought up in NZ, where no one ever tips - not in restaurants, taxis, nothing. Tipping was quite a new thing to me when I came here.

I do tip taxi drivers most of the time (although rarely take taxis anywhere!).

• Tizzie
    Beginner June 2012
    Tizzie ·
    • Hide content

10% in resturants always, more if the service was really good. We have tipped more before when our waitress was run off her feet and stressed. I felt so sorry for her and she still managed a smile and good service.

I would round up for taxis, hairdressers etc. but I don't remember the last time I used either!

I get quite annoyed if paying by card and don't have cash for a tip and have asked for change before instead of not leaving anything.

• MrsShep
    Beginner September 2014
    MrsShep ·
    • Hide content

I don't like tipping in this country, but will tip in restaurants etc if the service is good. H tips everyone coz he's overly nice! Different story abroad though, as you know they are being paid next to nothing and the service is often impeccable.

• *J9*
    VIP March 2014
    *J9* ·
    • Hide content

I only really tip in restaurants. I'll tip my hairdresser if I've got the money to do so but often I'm skint so can't afford to be giving more.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics