Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

KB3
Beginner

Does anyone remember Point Horror books?

KB3, 7 August, 2009 at 10:08

Posted on Off Topic Posts 47

As a young teenager I absolutely loved reading Point Horror books. My girlfriends and I would swap books with each other once we'd finished. They were so gripping and scary and I felt really old and cool for reading them. I'd totally forgot about them until we went to a market on holiday and found a...

As a young teenager I absolutely loved reading Point Horror books. My girlfriends and I would swap books with each other once we'd finished. They were so gripping and scary and I felt really old and cool for reading them.

I'd totally forgot about them until we went to a market on holiday and found a book stall selling some. I bought the girls one each, The Lifeguard and Hit & Run and they read them both within a couple of days. We're going to join the library and try to borrow some more so they can read the series.

From memory I think either The Fever or FunHouse were the scariest. Although the cover for The Snowman used to really freak me out ?

47 replies

• wodger_woo
    Beginner March 2007
    wodger_woo ·
    • Hide content

Waaaah I'm sure I've read these and they scared me senseless....can't remember any of the plots though.

Ooh I've just looked on Amazon marketplace and there is a collection of April Fools, the Snowman and The waitress for 1p & £2.75 p&p. Right I'm going to order it......who wants them after I've finished?

• Flowery the Grouch
    Beginner December 2007
    Flowery the Grouch ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I'd love them - and would happily pay postage to Switzxerland for them Smiley smile And then pass them on, natch.

• wodger_woo
    Beginner March 2007
    wodger_woo ·
    • Hide content

OK Flowery they are yours after ?

• MrsWoozle
    Beginner November 2007
    MrsWoozle ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This one was Freeze Tag - which was my favourite. But I also remember lots of them - The Fever was a pretty frightening one in the hospital, a bit like Misery by Stephen King in the sense that the person is so ill and they keep coming around and not really understanding what's going on, but their illness is trapping them.

• digitalskittles
    Beginner
    digitalskittles ·
    • Hide content

Now these bring back memories, I used to love Point Horror. Me and my friend used to go to W H Smith and buy a couple each and then swap once read.

My mum has laods of my old books I might get her to see if there are any PH over there.

• pink_jen
    Beginner
    pink_jen ·
    • Hide content

I loved these books! I loved the Point Romance and Point Thriller ones too. My mum is a librarian so I used to make her order them for her library whenever a new lot came out!!

• boof
    Dedicated August 2014
    boof ·
    • Hide content

I used to love these too! I've just ordered the first 4 collections from Amazon Marketplace (? WodgerWoo) for my step daughter.

• T
    Beginner
    Toriajayne ·
    • Hide content

I used to love these as well ? Last time I was home we cleared out my mum's garage which was still full of boxes from when she moved (eight years ago!) and all my books were still out there including the Point Horrors. I used to get bought a new one every time we went on holiday which I think is what started my need to have a new book for any long car trip and flight.

My favourites were Twins, The Fever, The Lake (I think, it had broken ice and a red ribbon on the cover) and The Accident. Though the last one did give me nightmares in a B&B on the way home from holiday in Cornwall one year!

• Luthien
    Beginner June 2007
    Luthien ·
    • Hide content

I really loved these books. My Dad really disapproved though, he thought the content and quality were awful. I used to have to hide them from him.

I think my favourite was 'Trick or Treat'

I liked Christopher Pike too.

• S
    Beginner September 2005
    Sacred ·
    • Hide content

Oh I used to love these!! My friends and I did the same by swapping when we had finished!

My fave was Teacher's Pet and Trick or Treat. I still have all of mine too - couldn't bring myself to bin them. I'm 31 now...

• *Kitty*
    Beginner April 2008
    *Kitty* ·
    • Hide content

Aw I loved Point Horror books! Those and the Goosebumps books aswell!

• bluebella
    Beginner
    bluebella ·
    • Hide content

This is bringing back so many memories for me! one i still love always remember is:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/French-Point-Romance-Robyn-Turner/dp/0590554158/ref=sr_1_37?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1249919473&sr=1-37

cheesy and total fluff, but id love to read it again to see it its the same!

• spot
    Dedicated September 2007
    spot ·
    • Hide content

Oh wow, this has brought back memories. I loved Point Horror books. I used to use my birthday money to stock up my collection of the books. That and (at the complete opposite end of the scale) The Babysitters Club books. Does anyone remember them? I always wanted to be Claudia and I just thought Mallory Pike had the best name ever. (no idea why I thought that! lol)

• Wordsworth
    Beginner September 2005
    Wordsworth ·
    • Hide content

I loved the Babysitters Club books - Dawn was my favourite, closely followed by Claudia. I used to read them, Sweet Valley High, Sweet Dream romances and later on, a number of teen series by Katherine Applegate. Before that I was all about Enid Blyton.

• Herringston
    Beginner
    Herringston ·
    • Hide content

I used to have loads but I got rid of them to a charity shop. Only 3 or so days ago I said something about them to a friend of mine and she gave me about 20 of them that her dad had found on a tip. I was chuffed and have finished reading the Babysitter series, although they aren't as scary as I used to think them. My favourite ones were Camp Fear and April Fools. Oh, the memories!

• Herringston
    Beginner
    Herringston ·
    • Hide content

And I just bought two of The Babysitters Club books, and Sweet Valley High series one on DVD. Obsessed with recapturing my childhood, me? I loved Enid Blyton too, I found out the other day that my mum has been collecting some of her books for a while from charity shops.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics