Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

D
Beginner April 2014

Does my mermaid dress need a hoop?

Dory85, 13 March, 2013 at 12:14 Posted on Planning 0 3

Hi ladies,

I bought my dress last week and its just occured to me that I might need a hoop. What do you think? It looks lovely but the bottom kind of almost drags. Not sure if this woild still happen once I have heels on though. Also, chances are my dress won't be too long but any idea if a seamstress would be able to shorten this kind of dress? The dress is Forever Yours 36126. Sorry, I can't post a link on my phone x

3 replies

Latest activity by Dory85, 13 March, 2013 at 20:22
  • M
    Beginner June 2013
    MrsHoggins2b ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

i was advised by the dress shop to wear a 1 hoop petit coat. i bought one from ebay about £15. or you can always hire one from a bridal shop.

Hope this helps.

x

• O
    Beginner September 2013
    oggers86 ·
    • Hide content

I hate hoops so I am not wearing one with my fishtail although it would make it more pronounced. Length wise they will just shorten it to my heels with no hoop in but I suppose it I had a fitting in a hoop then removing the hoop would make the dress longer...

If you are comfortable in a hoop and you think it looks better then go for it, if not, then dont, your dress will still look great.

• F
    Beginner August 2013
    Frogface ·
    • Hide content

I tried this dress on the end of last year and i tired it with a fishtail petticoat. In my opinion it is a totally different dress with it and looks much more fishtail-y which is what I was after.

Looks lovely without too but if I had went with that dress I would of worn the petticoat with it x

• D
    Beginner April 2014
    Dory85 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for your replies. I think I kind of know that unless I go back and try my dress with and without a hoop, I won't know which is for the best. I bought my dress off the peg (lucky lucky find) so they said I can call and go try and it on whenever as long as I let them know beforehand *sigh* On the plus side, my venue is having a wedding fayre on Friday ?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics