Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Lucifer
Beginner January 2001

Does this sound like a reasonable venue price?

Lucifer, 25 of September of 2011 at 13:52

Posted on Planning 40

Hiya, I'm new to the site and wedding planning in general, got engaged a month ago and have been lurking around the forum but having picked up my engagement ring yesterday I feel like I can actually start planning! Anyhoo, we went to see a venue today and I love it, it's an original Tudor B&B...

Hiya, I'm new to the site and wedding planning in general, got engaged a month ago and have been lurking around the forum but having picked up my engagement ring yesterday I feel like I can actually start planning!

Anyhoo, we went to see a venue today and I love it, it's an original Tudor B&B and I was sold when the pond in their garden had a duck lol. This is the first venue I've seen, but we are on a tight budget (probably about 5K total) and I'm just looking for some opinions on the price we were quoted:

£3750 includes:

- exclusive venue hire for the day and reception

- registrar fee

- bridal suite room

- wedding breakfast and wine for 24

- welcome glass of cava for 24

- toast glass of cava for 24

- evening buffet for 45

Any kind of input would be great,

Cheers,

Lucy x

40 replies

• HayleyMay
    Beginner September 2012
    HayleyMay ·
    • Hide content

Do you have to have exclusive use of the venue?? Could you save money by not doing that?

• Lucifer
    Beginner January 2001
    Lucifer ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We would yeah, that venue from the quote is small though so they would only have one wedding at a time with no extra guests anyway. I don't mind not being exclusive but don't like the idea of randoms walking into the reception, I suppose it depends on the venue how good they are with managing that kind of thing. It's not a rush, although we were hoping for next November the following March is also an option, I think I need to see more places locally to get a proper comparison.

• Charlie-Lou
    Beginner June 2012
    Charlie-Lou ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Just checking if Soulmates is ok, haven't heard anything?

• Soulmates
    Beginner August 2012
    Soulmates ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks Charlie-Lou, update from me here https://www.hitched.co.uk/chat/forums/p/261541/2499610.aspx#2499610

• 3d jewellery
    3d jewellery ·
    • Hide content

If you love it and can afford it then it's ok. However like buying any expensive item get some others to compare it to. A lot of venues around here do packages like £2011 for £2011 or £999 but I don't know what they include, so venues must be having to offer deals, you could try bargaining.

• M
    Beginner May 2012
    mrsjw2be ·
    • Hide content

That does sound quite pricey

we r paying £3k for 50 wed bf with drinks, 90 eve guests includes room hire, linen, disco, room for us for nite, cake stand and couple other bits

hope u find something a bit more reasonable

• M
    Beginner May 2012
    mrsjw2be ·
    • Hide content

Our hotel is at the derbyshire hotel, which are part of the principal hayley hotel chain, perhaps it is worth seeing if they have one more local to you??

• Lucifer
    Beginner January 2001
    Lucifer ·
    • Hide content

Just a quick update...

Thanks for all the suggestions, I did visit and get a few more quotes from local places and a couple further towards Shropshire & Cheshire and they actually came out at the same price but more faffing [eg no onsite accommodation/further away] or more expensive because of minimum number supplements Smiley atonished

But the original venue did us a costings spreadsheet so I had a play with that and after a bit of tweaking and negotiating they agreed to £2.8K so we have booked for next November ?

Everyone's replies were really helpful in terms of value comparisons and I think it helped me to be a bit more cheeky when asking for discounts!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics